Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Words Games, Quizzes, Etc. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   The Brain Dominance Test (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2912)

Passionaria 03-06-2011 01:36 AM

The Brain Dominance Test

http://images.freeapphosting.com/al/...f?t=1275951222

The Brain Dominance Test
Despite the fact that both the left and right hemispheres of your brain work together, they are not exactly the same. Each side differs from the other slightly in its functions and processes. While no one is totally left-brained or totally right-brained, most people tend to have a dominant side. To help you understand your capabilities better, discover which side of your brain is more dominant by taking this brain dominance test. (Note: There are 30 questions in this test. Please be patient and answer all questions to get the most accurate result).

http://apps.facebook.com/thebraindomi_cidgal/

Here is another test for those of you with out Facebook!
http://frank.mtsu.edu/~studskl/hd/he...dominance.html

---------------------------------------------Pashi

Right Brain Dominant: 25 Right-Brain Responses / 5 Left Responses

Of 30 questions, 25 of your responses indicate you are right brained dominant. 5 of your responses are indications of left brain dominance. These results indicate you are predominantly right-brain dominant.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility. Daring and intuitive, you see the world in their unique way.You likely have a talent for creative writing and art and prefer day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

You make decisions intuitively. The right side of our brain processes information in a rapid, spatial, and perceptual manner. The right hemisphere concentrates more on emotion than logic, allowing you to make quick, spontaneous decisions.

You rely on your imagination when finding solutions to problems. You operate in a nonlinear, simultaneous fashion and deal with non-verbal information as well as dreams and fantasy. Thus, you tend to think visually-spatially more than verbally. Occupations: Artist, Athlete, Politician, Beautician, Craftsman, Actor, Wildlife manager, Marketing or sales manager

AtLast 03-06-2011 01:51 AM

Right Brain Dominant..

Right Brain Dominant: 17 Right-Brain Responses / 13 Left Responses

Of 30 questions, 17 of your responses indicate you are right brained dominant. 13 of your responses are indications of left brain dominance. These results indicate you are predominantly right-brain dominant.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility. Daring and intuitive, you see the world in their unique way.You likely have a talent for creative writing and art and prefer day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

You make decisions intuitively. The right side of our brain processes information in a rapid, spatial, and perceptual manner. The right hemisphere concentrates more on emotion than logic, allowing you to make quick, spontaneous decisions.

You rely on your imagination when finding solutions to problems. You operate in a nonlinear, simultaneous fashion and deal with non-verbal information as well as dreams and fantasy. Thus, you tend to think visually-spatially more than verbally. Occupations: Artist, Athlete, Politician, Beautician, Craftsman, Actor, Wildlife manager, Marketing or sales manager

Ebon 03-06-2011 01:55 AM

Of 30 questions, 14 of your responses indicate you are left brained dominant. 16 of your responses are indications of right brain dominance. These results indicate you have a balanced brain, with no tendency to think towards either side.

Those who are middle-brain dominant tend to be more flexible than either the left or the right-brain folks; however, you often vacillate between the two hemispheres when you make decisions. You sometimes get confused when decisions need to be made because, neurologically speaking, you could do most tasks through either a left-brain or a right-brain method!

A balanced score means you are able to draw on the strengths of both the right and left hemispheres of your brain depending upon a given situation. This combination makes you a creative and flexible thinker.The down side to having a more "balanced brain" is that you may sometimes feel paralyzed by indecision when the two hemispheres of your brain are competing to solve a problem in their own unique ways. You may also find career choices difficult due to your proficiency in several different areas.

Diva 03-06-2011 02:01 AM

Color ME surprised! lol

Right Brain Dominant: 21 Right-Brain Responses / 9 Left Responses

Of 30 questions, 21 of your responses indicate you are right brained dominant. 9 of your responses are indications of left brain dominance. These results indicate you are predominantly right-brain dominant.

I'mOneToo 03-06-2011 02:14 AM

Middle-brained on the non-facebook link, and also on another test:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gareth....nance_test.htm

though I can't paste results from either test, what does that say about the brain :|

Blade 03-06-2011 04:42 AM

Left Brain according to non FB test

princessbelle 03-06-2011 07:20 AM

According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use the left side or your brain the most.

Hack 03-06-2011 08:10 AM

13 Right Brain and 6 Left Brain on the test. Similar to a score I received 8 years ago during a battery of tests I had to undergo for a job. I scored slightly more Right Brain then.

I have a 4 year old niece who is already showing that she will be very left brain -- she knows the rules and follows them. Sometimes to her detriment (i.e. she is afraid to give answers in school if she is not exactly right). She is the product of a lawyer and a paralegal, so I can see where she'd be really left brain. lol My sister likes to have me visit often so I can provide a balance.

Jake

Guy 03-06-2011 08:29 AM

yay I'm on on way to becoming whole brained!

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10 questions.

You seemed to be comfortable using strategies for both sides for the brain. Your preference may be situational and apparent mainly when stress in a factor. This does not necessarily mean that you are ambidextrous. However, you are on your way to becoming whole brained and will benefit from using study strategies useful for both sides of the brain.

Chancie 03-06-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm One Too (Post 296072)
Middle-brained on the non-facebook link, and also on another test:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gareth....nance_test.htm

though I can't paste results from either test, what does that say about the brain :|

According to this 'test', I am visual and left brained, though

The result from one of the others is that

I am fairly balanced.

Rockinonahigh 03-06-2011 11:11 AM

I am...Right brained to 10 questioned....Left brained to 9 questioned.You are on your way to becoming whole brained....intresting.

WolfyOne 03-06-2011 11:13 AM

I am right brained and wonder if that goes with being right handed.
Has anyone that's left handed been left brain dominant, just curious?

Linus 03-06-2011 11:17 AM

//Totally not associated with the test//

My geeky side is ringing alarm bells on the brain.exe and the FB. For those that downloaded the brain.exe (non-FB) please make sure your anti-virus is up-to-date. And for those on FB, remember that it is collecting a fair amount of info on you so ensure that nothing really sensitive is on there.

betenoire 03-06-2011 11:33 AM

Right Brain Dominant: 21 Right-Brain Responses / 9 Left Responses

The_Lady_Snow 03-06-2011 11:53 AM

You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions. You seemed to be comfortable using strategies for both sides for the brain. Your preference may be situational and apparent mainly when stress in a factor. This does not necessarily mean that you are ambidextrous. However, you are on your way to becoming whole brained and will benefit from using study strategies useful for both sides of the brain. When you read the descriptions, look for new strategies to try.* However, your learning style probably has components from both sides.* Some of the traits associated with the left and right side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you.*

moxie 03-06-2011 12:00 PM

On the FB:

Of 30 questions, 20 of your responses indicate you are left brained dominant. 10 of your responses are indications of right brain dominance. These results indicate you are predominantly left-brain dominant. People who are left-brain dominant thrive on careful analysis of all pertinent factors before making any decisions. Their style is naturally systematic and detail-oriented, characterized by the pursuit of logic, predictability and discipline. They tend to stick to the rules and stay within the confines of their orderly world.

You tend to take things more seriously and tend to stick more to rules and guidelines. You have an innate ability to stay on task when doing a job.

You tend to have a lot of book knowledge, and may have an interest in science or history. People could benefit from your knowledge.

Jobs: Engineer, Accountant, Banker, Counseler, Clerk, HR, Financial Advisor, Librarian

On the non-FB:

You responded as a right brained person to 4 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 15 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use the left side or your brain the most. Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both sides of our brain, but your left side gets the most exercise.

I figured to be left-brained. I am way too logical.

scootebaby 03-06-2011 12:28 PM

Of 30 questions, 14 of your responses indicate you are left brained dominant. 16 of your responses are indications of right brain dominance. These results indicate you have a balanced brain, with no tendency to think towards either side.

Those who are middle-brain dominant tend to be more flexible than either the left or the right-brain folks; however, you often vacillate between the two hemispheres when you make decisions. You sometimes get confused when decisions need to be made because, neurologically speaking, you could do most tasks through either a left-brain or a right-brain method!

A balanced score means you are able to draw on the strengths of both the right and left hemispheres of your brain depending upon a given situation. This combination makes you a creative and flexible thinker.The down side to having a more "balanced brain" is that you may sometimes feel paralyzed by indecision when the two hemispheres of your brain are competing to solve a problem in their own unique ways. You may also find career choices difficult due to your proficiency in several different areas.

Passionaria 03-06-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 296242)
I am right brained and wonder if that goes with being right handed.
Has anyone that's left handed been left brain dominant, just curious?

Hey Wolfy!!!
Well I am left handed and right Brained ??? I like this test because for me it was a validation of how I process information. People who are real artsy and right brained <in my experience> get told a lot who they are, and how they approach life is not "right" somehow. (pun) Especially because it does not go along with some of the cultural norms of a "linear thinking, scientific based, productive society". When I read these results, and look at my life and how I operate I feel like well that's just me, my brain rolls like this. The other cool thing for me is that I can see I may need to work on some more left brain stuff. Sigh, all structure is not bad.

Hugs,
Pashi

TickledPink 03-06-2011 01:38 PM

Left Brain Dominant: 18 Left / 12 Right.

Corkey 03-06-2011 03:05 PM

Not on the FB
You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10 questions. You seemed to be comfortable using strategies for both sides for the brain. Your preference may be situational and apparent mainly when stress in a factor. This does not necessarily mean that you are ambidextrous. However, you are on your way to becoming whole brained.