Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Performance Art (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Singing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6483)

Gaige 04-14-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 782813)
I think this recording is really bad (music is loud, mic is low), but Gaige insisted I post this one...She's partial, just so you know...Just for you Baby :aslIloveyou:

Thank you babygirl. This took me back to the BFP reunion this past September when you sang it for me on cabaret night. I love you sweetheart. You're awesome!

Hollylane 04-19-2013 08:34 AM

I'm curious by nature, so I have a question for the karaoke singers in here...

What was the first song you sang at karaoke? Did getting up to sing karaoke for the first time, happen before, after, or without cocktails?

My first song at karaoke took place after one, or possibly three shots of Patrón, and the song only had one word in it (perfect for me, since I probably couldn't have pulled off two words at that point)...Someone put in the request without my knowledge, so I was freaking out a little when the microphone was handed to me out of the blue, and the song came up on the screen...

Tequila!

There was a whole lot of giggling going on in between the "lyric"...:)

thedivahrrrself 06-02-2013 11:08 AM

Recorded on my phone, not the best quality but oh well....

Hollylane 06-02-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself (Post 806810)
Recorded on my phone, not the best quality but oh well....

This is awesome! One of the talents I am envious of, is being able to sing softly...The songs that I do well at, are always at full throttle.

Wrang1er 06-02-2013 11:33 AM

Great thread Cx!

thedivahrrrself 06-02-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 806820)
This is awesome! One of the talents I am envious of, is being able to sing softly...The songs that I do well at, are always at full throttle.

Easiest way to practice soft singing is to sing laying down. I'm out of practice so my soft voice is not as well-controlled as it used to be, but it's all about breath control, which is all about forcing yourself to use your diaphragm to its full ability. The only way it is possible to breathe laying down is to use your diaphragm. It sounds silly, but it's a great old trick to getting better breath control.

Hollylane 06-02-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself (Post 806947)
Easiest way to practice soft singing is to sing laying down. I'm out of practice so my soft voice is not as well-controlled as it used to be, but it's all about breath control, which is all about forcing yourself to use your diaphragm to its full ability. The only way it is possible to breathe laying down is to use your diaphragm. It sounds silly, but it's a great old trick to getting better breath control.

Thank you Diva, that sounds like great advice, I'm going to try it out!