Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

cinnamongrrl 08-05-2016 05:36 AM

Last night my daughter and I got take out from a bbq place. Neither of us ate though. Raleigh is HOT. Heat kills my appetite...

So..

Lunch and dinner today will be fried chicken, baked beans and Brunswick stew...and hushpuppies

Orema 08-05-2016 05:38 AM

Hard-Cooked Eggs in Tomato-Onion Sauce

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2014...-master675.jpg

Think I'm gonna make this sometime this weekend, looks easy and tasty to me, and will have a few croutons on top instead of the crusty bread that I would prefer.

stargazingboi 08-05-2016 03:19 PM

so, today's kitchen produced

vegan veggie pot pies

mushroom, onion, and pepper with vegan cheese in a hoagie roll to be served with chips

homemade mounds (yes..vegan)

pumkin muffins (apple sauce instead of eggs)

and a quiche for the vegetarian

Brooklyn 08-05-2016 03:34 PM

After almost a whole week of eating nothing but soup or cereal --I went all in tonight:

Salmon patties
Mashed potatoes
Corn on the cob
Sliced beefsteak tomatoes (w/ s&p)
Bottled water to drink

(I have been staring at this stuff in my fridge this whole time wanting to make it)

I might get crazy and have strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Then it will be back on the treadmill tomorrow and a short run.

Jesse 08-05-2016 03:55 PM

I am just snacking here and there. Toasted coconut chips with a sprinkle of salt, beef jerky, dry roasted cashews & almonds, walnuts, olives and cheddar cheese.

TL1 08-05-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 1080482)
I am just snacking here and there. Toasted coconut chips with a sprinkle of salt, beef jerky, dry roasted cashews & almonds, walnuts, olives and cheddar cheese.

Coconut chips you say? I have never heard of them. I love coconut. Must try. *googling*

vixenagogo 08-05-2016 04:50 PM

habibti

going out for some middle eastern food this evening.
Detroit (dearborn actually) has the largest middle eastern population outside of the Middle East...and hands down the best middle eastern cuisine (and I have experienced it from coast to coast... nothing compares).

now what to order???

C0LLETTE 08-05-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixenagogo (Post 1080492)
Detroit (dearborn actually) has the largest middle eastern population outside of the Middle East...and hands down the best middle eastern cuisine (and I have experienced it from coast to coast... nothing compares).

now what to order???

have a burger

GeorgiaMa'am 08-05-2016 05:44 PM

- Egg drop soup
- Shrimp fried rice
- Mongolian beef and steamed rice
- fried dumplings
- spring roll

vixenagogo 08-05-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixenagogo (Post 1080492)

now what to order???

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1080493)
have a burger

i went with a falafel sandwich (sorta like a burger but completely different). copious amounts of whipped garlic with homemade, fresh out of the wood burning oven pita and a fattoush salad.

*stuffed*

Gemme 08-05-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TL1 (Post 1080485)
Coconut chips you say? I have never heard of them. I love coconut. Must try. *googling*

Dang has a good product.

Jesse 08-05-2016 07:54 PM

You can buy them already toasted but I find it cheaper and better tasting to buy the raw coconut chips. To toast, spread them out on a cookie sheet, sprinkle a little sea salt on them then toast at 350 F for about 3 mins. then give it a stir and toast another minute or two if needed. Careful they will burn quickly. Once they cool off a bit they are crunchy, plus coconut is a great source of proteins, healthy fats and carbs, so it's a guilt free snack. I make them up a half gallon jar at a time and keep in the refrigerator after toasting, for a handy snack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TL1 (Post 1080485)

TL1 08-05-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1080535)

Dang has a good product.

Yeah I saw that brand when I googled. Planning on getting some. :)

Jesse- thanks for the tip. Will keep that in mind. First time though will go with already toasted. Then try your idea so I have something to compare to.

homoe 08-05-2016 10:07 PM

leftovers and move leftovers.......cleaned out the icebox and now we're just down to a few condiments :hangloose:

Gemme 08-06-2016 05:07 AM

Last night, I had a good sized salad with Italian blend of greens, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, sliced mini peppers, shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, cold rotisserie chicken chunks and light balsamic dressing. Then I had some ambrosia for dessert.

Jesse 08-06-2016 07:06 AM

Tonight I am having pan grilled bone-in pork chops with green beans, mashed rutabaga, and a chopped green salad w/ tomato, onion and english cucumber.

GeorgiaMa'am 08-06-2016 04:08 PM

I had popcorn AND M&Ms with a frozen Coke at the movies today, and now I'm feeling just a little queasy. Dinner, if it occurs, will probably be much later, and will be something like a bowl of cereal or soup.

candy_coated_bitch 08-06-2016 04:40 PM

String cheese, yogurt, cherries

stargazingboi 08-06-2016 04:51 PM

left over pot pie!

Gayandgray 08-06-2016 05:03 PM

We had grilled cheese sandwiches on some really good organic seed bread, Eureka is the brand, and tomato soup.:hangloose: