Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

kittygrrl 07-29-2020 01:11 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1f/a9...099bdb6f85.jpg

Currently...making an Angel Hair Checca and a small Blackberry Cobbler for a intimate dinner party @ my best friends...it's just her, her boyfriend, & my date...it will be fun..we'll probably dine on her patio...it should be beautiful tonight

Kätzchen 07-29-2020 07:56 PM

I read where Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson became Greek citizens, so i ordered some Greek take-out tonight.

Falafel balls with tadziki sauce, garden salad with strips of roasted Lamb and feta crumbles.

Water to drink.

Watermelon for dessert.

nycfem 07-29-2020 08:25 PM

I had an Amy's samosa wrap. Meh. The Moroccan Tagine wrap is hands down the winner. It has the most flavor, a good mix of spice and sweetness.

I had dark chocolate for dessert. It was so much better than the white chocolate.

Orema 07-30-2020 05:53 AM

I had some chicken (frozen and pre-cooked) and it was horrible.

https://i.postimg.cc/zfQ7tRf0/99672-...CHPTLBBQ-T.png

Probably because I didn’t use their sauce. Normally, I throw away food I dont like, but I’m not tossing out food during a pandemic.

I baked it last night. Next time I’ll try frying it. And if that doesn’t work I’ll try putting it on the grill. By that time I will have gone through the whole bag.

:bow:

Bèsame* 07-30-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1272257)
I had some chicken (frozen and pre-cooked) and it was horrible.

https://i.postimg.cc/zfQ7tRf0/99672-...CHPTLBBQ-T.png

Probably because I didn’t use their sauce. Normally, I throw away food I dont like, but I’m not tossing out food during a pandemic.

I baked it last night. Next time I’ll try frying it. And if that doesn’t work I’ll try putting it on the grill. By that time I will have gone through the whole bag.

:bow:

Yesterday was national wing day. I heard it more than once..lol
So now that I have wings on the brain, to open your post and see how horrible yours were! Ok, I'm over it. Lol.

On my list of do not buy. Thank you.

It was also national Lasagna day..I'll hold out for homemade veggie lasagna. I know that will be soon!

Wrang1er 07-30-2020 03:52 PM

Fried potatoes and onions plus I am broiling steaks.

Bèsame* 07-30-2020 06:44 PM

My version of sausage ettouffe. Lots of sweet onions, broccoli, spinach and green onions. I think over jasmine rice??

Sliced strawberries and yogurt later.

Chai iced tea over lots of ice.

GeorgiaMa'am 07-30-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1272248)
I had an Amy's samosa wrap. Meh. The Moroccan Tagine wrap is hands down the winner. It has the most flavor, a good mix of spice and sweetness.

Did you know that Amy's dishes are purposely designed to be kind of flavorless? It's one of their selling points. The person who came up with the idea for the company wanted international foods but without much spice. Go figure.

I had:
- a Popeye's classic chicken sandwich
- a honeycrisp apple

nycfem 07-30-2020 09:08 PM

I made one of my favorite dishes which consists of mixing together:

Brussels sprouts, beets, lentils, feta cheese, EVOO, garlic, toasted pine nuts, avocado, and artichoke hearts.

For dessert I had Ritter Sport white chocolate with hazelnuts. Now, I know I dissed white chocolate yesterday but this was really good.

kittygrrl 07-31-2020 10:52 PM

broiled halibut &
a small spinach salad

nycfem 08-01-2020 01:41 AM

Amy's cheese enchiladas. It was a frozen dinner that also had with it corn and black beans. I really like her cheese enchiladas. I mixed in steamed cauliflower and my favorite hot salsa: La Victoria Extra Hot Salsa Jalapena.

More of the white chocolate with whole hazel nut bar for dessert.

Stone-Butch 08-01-2020 09:22 AM

Dinner

Speckled trout, steamed green beans. Ice tea.

Orema 08-01-2020 09:22 AM

Last night was a delicious greek salad by way of door dash. Had char-broiled chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and chockfull of tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta, roasted garlic and a bit of lettuce. Will have leftovers for dinner by tossing the lettuce and adding my own.

I didn't use their salad dressing. Had them put it on the side and added lemon and olive oil.

I needed a break from those wings and that did the trick.

Kelt 08-01-2020 12:14 PM

Tonight I’m going to grill some honey mustard chicken, in marinade now, on my new charcoal Weber, as well as some corn on the cob. Watermelon for desert.

:eating:

Stone-Butch 08-01-2020 01:29 PM

Dinner

baked chicken wings, baked fries. Ice tea

GeorgiaMa'am 08-01-2020 02:05 PM

- baked BBQ pork chops
- Rice-a-Roni

Gemme 08-01-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1272362)
Last night was a delicious greek salad by way of door dash. Had char-broiled chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and chockfull of tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta, roasted garlic and a bit of lettuce. Will have leftovers for dinner by tossing the lettuce and adding my own.

I didn't use their salad dressing. Had them put it on the side and added lemon and olive oil.

I needed a break from those wings and that did the trick.

Have you thought about thawing them and then shredding the meat off the bone to add into something else like a salad or a creamy type dish that will hide any residual ick taste? I had to do that once with a bag of chicken patties that just didn't taste great at all and it was a lot more tolerable that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelt (Post 1272376)
Tonight I’m going to grill some honey mustard chicken, in marinade now, on my new charcoal Weber, as well as some corn on the cob. Watermelon for desert.

:eating:

Did you grill the watermelon? It's super delicious that way.

Last night, I had a giant Caesar salad with chunks of lemon pepper chicken that I had to get rid of before it went bad. I just took the skin off and flaked it in the salad and it was really good. I had 2 peach Outshine bars for dessert and fake Mtn. Dew to drink. I've been a soda kick lately. Hope I squash it soon.

Tonight, it's pizza, fake Mtn. Dew and Outshine bars. I already had a pineapple one earlier (my favorite) so dessert may be peach or tangerine. Tangerine ties for second with coconut so it'll likely be that.

nycfem 08-01-2020 11:08 PM

For dinner tonight I did some experimenting. It didn't turn out all that well, but it's good to experiment :goodluck:

I had Mary's Gone Crackers crackers (superseed classic) with spreadable cheese, cucumber, and paprika. "Mary's Gone Crackers" always look so good but I've had them once before and didn't like them. Still because they look so good I decided to try them again. Oh my gosh, no more. And I know so many people like "Mary's Gone Crackers" but I absolutely do not want to hear from anyone who does like them :byebye: . I DO always like the rest of this dish but the "Mary's gone crackers" ruined it.

I also had a Green Giant's frozen side dish that I like a lot. It's sliced green beans with almonds. Normally I add evoo and garlic, and it's fabulous. This time I decided to make what I will call the lazy man's green bean casserole. I added onion frizzles and cream of mushroom condensed soup. Oh my goodness, it was okay but overall just silly.

Then for dessert I tried some Gavottes thin butter crackers. They were very bland. :vigil:

Orema 08-02-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1272389)
Have you thought about thawing them and then shredding the meat off the bone to add into something else like a salad or a creamy type dish that will hide any residual ick taste? I had to do that once with a bag of chicken patties that just didn't taste great at all and it was a lot more tolerable that way.

Hadn’t thought of that. I one more batch and am holding off eating them for as long as I can.

Did you grill the watermelon? It's super delicious that way.

Last night, I had a giant Caesar salad with chunks of lemon pepper chicken that I had to get rid of before it went bad. I just took the skin off and flaked it in the salad and it was really good. I had 2 peach Outshine bars for dessert and fake Mtn. Dew to drink. I've been a soda kick lately. Hope I squash it soon.

Tonight, it's pizza, fake Mtn. Dew and Outshine bars. I already had a pineapple one earlier (my favorite) so dessert may be peach or tangerine. Tangerine ties for second with coconut so it'll likely be that.

Last night I had the last of the chicken (from the Greek salad) on a low-carb tortilla with a glass of Chardonnay. It hit the spot.

Kätzchen 08-02-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1272398)
For dinner tonight I did some experimenting. It didn't turn out all that well, but it's good to experiment :goodluck:

I had Mary's Gone Crackers crackers (superseed classic) with spreadable cheese, cucumber, and paprika. "Mary's Gone Crackers" always look so good but I've had them once before and didn't like them. Still because they look so good I decided to try them again. Oh my gosh, no more. And I know so many people like "Mary's Gone Crackers" but I absolutely do not want to hear from anyone who does like them :byebye: . I DO always like the rest of this dish but the "Mary's gone crackers" ruined it.

I also had a Green Giant's frozen side dish that I like a lot. It's sliced green beans with almonds. Normally I add evoo and garlic, and it's fabulous. This time I decided to make what I will call the lazy man's green bean casserole. I added onion frizzles and cream of mushroom condensed soup. Oh my goodness, it was okay but overall just silly.

Then for dessert I tried some Gavottes thin butter crackers. They were very bland. :vigil:

I hear you about the blandness of Mary's Gone Crackers (brand of crackers). I thought they were pretty good until I found better crackers, so I gave them up in favor of a new line of crisps by Lesley Stowe (Rain Coast Crisps).

www.lesleystowe.com

I really like the crisps. They come in a variety of flavors and blends (cranberry, olive, garlic, cheese, rosemary). And they are delicious and very tasty and filling. I like them a lot.

http://www.thevillagegrocer.com/wp-c...st-Crisps1.gif

Have you also tried Divina's Fig Spread? I use the fig spreads and couple them with smoked gouda or other vegan plant based cheeses to make a tasty snack, which ends up being more of a small meal.

I like the Chili Fig Spread and the Orange Fig Spread. Both are very delicious. :)

https://img.thrivemarket.com/store/f...pg?w=566&h=566

https://www.zuerchercheese.com/wp-co...M_-485x485.jpg

For supper tonight, I plan on making a party tray of Rain Coast Crisps, brie, Jalapeno spread and Divina's Fig Spread with a portion of Red Grapes and cubed cantaloupe on the side.

And, McMenamin Brewery's handcrafted Ruby Ale, on the side, for a late afternoon Sunday evening supper.

https://live.staticflickr.com/3403/3...fd0138da62.jpg