Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Butch Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Non-performing drag kings (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5554)

stephfromMIT 08-29-2012 07:40 PM

Non-performing drag kings

Are there any butches here who dress masculinely in their day-to-day lives, and not as "performance art"? (for lack of a better term)

Strappie 08-29-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephfromMIT (Post 642280)
Are there any butches here who dress masculinely in their day-to-day lives, and not as "performance art"? (for lack of a better term)

I'm almost positive there are a few threads discussing this. I would say a good majority dress some what to all masculine here.

stephfromMIT 08-29-2012 07:54 PM

what, besides "drag king", is a good search term? (I do this more than hijack threads)

Strappie 08-29-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephfromMIT (Post 642306)
what, besides "drag king", is a good search term? (I do this more than hijack threads)

Lets see.....

Gender Identity

Butch Zone

Trans Zone

Lesbian Zone

Body, Beauty, Lifestyles.

For starters...

princessbelle 08-29-2012 07:59 PM

I put in Drag King in the search line and came up with these...

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ight=drag+king

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ight=drag+king

There are a few more, but the above may be closer to what you want to discuss.

stephfromMIT 08-29-2012 08:08 PM

Please post the others, because those were about performers.

EnderD_503 08-29-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

I'm not really 100% sure what you mean. I think it would be safe to say most butches wear what most people would see as "masculine" clothing day to day. When I think drag kings I don't really think just so much just "masculine" clothing but also putting on a fake beard/mustache/side burns as a part of the performance...so just wondering which one you mean?

There's a Butch attire/fashion thread in this section that might be what you're looking for?

princessbelle 08-29-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephfromMIT (Post 642328)
Please post the others, because those were about performers.

I wish i knew how to take a pic of a page and post it here so i'll try to explain how to use search.

Up at the top you can see User CP Community..etc. Then there is search.

Click on that and then type in "Drag King". Every thread that has that word or words will show up.

If there is a thread about the performers, it may be a good place to start and just ask in that thread if there is anyone who dresses like this in their daily lives.

Just a suggestion.

We have hundreds of threads here. Our threads start out on one topic but generally always go through many, many topics. Don't worry about derailing. We all derail. It's perfectly ok to ask "like minded people" such as performers if they dress this way in every day life.

Again, just a suggestion.

Strappie 08-29-2012 08:16 PM

Steph,

I guess what we are trying to say is... alot of us here do dress in such a way. But it isn't about the clothing either. It's about Energy and presences (did I spell that right?)

Like clothing doesn't make a person... We are who we are.

I am butch because it's who I feel most comfortable within my own skin. The clothes don't make me "butcher or less butch" However for me, I can't say I have bought women's clothes since I graduated from HS years ago.

Strappie 08-29-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 642338)
I wish i knew how to take a pic of a page and post it here so i'll try to explain how to use search.

Up at the top you can see User CP Community..etc. Then there is search.

Click on that and then type in "Drag King". Every thread that has that word or words will show up.

If there is a thread about the performers, it may be a good place to start and just ask in that thread if there is anyone who dresses like this in their daily lives.

Just a suggestion.

We have hundreds of threads here. Our threads start out on one topic but generally always go through many, many topics. Don't worry about derailing. We all derail. It's perfectly ok to ask "like minded people" such as performers if they dress this way in every day life.

Again, just a suggestion.

Steph is looking for butches that are NON performers who dress masculine on a daily basis.

another words she is asking all butchs, trans, ftm's if they dress masculine every day.

Daywalker 08-29-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

I AM performance Art.
:tinfoil:

Clothed or not clothed.
:vampirebat:

Because the theory ~ We are all Stars in our own World ~ fits Me.

:rainsing:

:weedsmoke:

:daywalker:

stephfromMIT 08-29-2012 08:21 PM

belle-My apologies. I'm still learning the lay here. As I also mentioned, I'm (needlessly) wary of hijacking.

princessbelle 08-29-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephfromMIT (Post 642347)
belle-My apologies. I'm still learning the lay here. As I also mentioned, I'm (needlessly) wary of hijacking.

Oh gosh. No need to apologize.

I was going by the wording "Drag King" instead of the content of your post. I apologize to you, Strappie and all.

Was just trying to help.

You are in good hands here...

I'll just bow my femme self out graciously....

BullDog 08-29-2012 08:31 PM

Steph, I haven't read this thread in a while, but it may be more what you are looking for. It takes awhile to get the hang of threads and the navigation, no worries about joining threads or starting new ones. :)

Butch Attire and Fashion

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=812

Kobi 08-29-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Another one of those interesting new threads. Yet, you knew there was a butch attire thread that addresses this very thing and have even posted in it back on August 13th.

stephfromMIT 08-29-2012 09:06 PM

Kobi-When I looked at the thread, I noticed that too! :smh:

starryeyes 08-29-2012 09:32 PM

Maybe I am misunderstanding here, but since when is a masculine dressing butch considered a "non performing drag king" *shrugging shoulders*

Lost.

Corkey 08-29-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starryeyes (Post 642461)
Maybe I am misunderstanding here, but since when is a masculine dressing butch considered a "non performing drag king" *shrugging shoulders*

Lost.

We're not but perhaps the lingo is new?

aishah 08-29-2012 09:38 PM

or maybe it's just awkward lingo?

my partner has expressed discomfort with being perceived as a drag king when he dresses in masculine ways in his everyday life (especially since he doesn't pass and is frequently mis-gendered...and is actually a drag queen).

i have seen some people use the term drag king (usually because they weren't sure or comfortable with what word to use in what context) to refer to butches. sometimes it was because they were not familiar with drag culture or b/f culture.

stephfromMIT 08-29-2012 09:39 PM

Performing=Doing "drag shows".