Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   And how are you feeling? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7815)

theoddz 09-04-2019 01:17 PM

I'm doing a bit better, these days. It's been just a bit over 3 months since the most recent of my 9 knee surgeries. It was a "revision" surgery, yet in reality, the entire "top", or femoral side of my titanium implant/joint, had to be replaced. The surgery lasted a surprising 7.5 hours, which is considered to be a lot longer than expected. The doctor told us that my tibia is "rotated" by more than a couple of degrees, and he believes that this has been a congenital (since birth) condition that I've had. So, I've been working with physical therapy quite a bit since the surgery and, at the present time, have been using a cane to walk any distance. Here at home, I don't really need the cane, but when I go out, I always take it, just to be sure.

Other than that, I am doing well and feeling pretty good. I'm ready for this hot, hot summer to end, as I'd forgotten how uncomfortable the Southern heat and humidity can be. Funny, but I don't remember it being this intemperate when I was growing up in Savannah, Ga. I'm going to be diggin' the upcoming Fall weather, though. Our new home has a wonderful, large wood burning fireplace and an absolutely gorgeous veranda and portico on the back of our house. My "happy place" is sitting in one of our wooden rocking chairs with a cold glass of sweet iced tea, catching a cool breeze with my lovely Dear Wife. :winky::heartbeat:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

Gemme 09-04-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1252061)
I'm feeling like I can SO relate to the above post by easy.

I do have a certain person in my everyday life who is a constant talker, but at least she is aware of it and now it's become a running joke between us.....

Let's face it, there is no tactful way to tell someone to shut up!

easygoingfemme 09-04-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1252069)

Lmao. YES.

kittygrrl 09-04-2019 06:36 PM

goodgreat music soothes the soul

Chad 09-04-2019 09:00 PM

Feeling

My shoulder is still sore from the rebuild job but I plan to go to work tomorrow, sling and all. I was reminded that I can come home at anytime if it becomes too much.

:cowboy:

candy_coated_bitch 09-04-2019 11:57 PM

Exhausted and worried.

Mopsie 09-05-2019 01:43 AM

Successful.

I slept all the way till 3 a.m. today.

Woot!

Gemme 09-05-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopsie (Post 1252092)
Successful.

I slept all the way till 3 a.m. today.

Woot!

I'm hoping that you went to bed at 8 or 9 then.

:blink:

I got adequate sleep but dreamed of a dank basement-y type warehouse and trying to find a bathroom and then finally finding a drain in the corner and getting to go then waking in a panic to make sure I wasn't actually peeing the bed.

For some reason, I didn't feel rested at all when I woke.

:|

CherryWine 09-05-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1252112)
I'm hoping that you went to bed at 8 or 9 then.

:blink:

I got adequate sleep but dreamed of a dank basement-y type warehouse and trying to find a bathroom and then finally finding a drain in the corner and getting to go then waking in a panic to make sure I wasn't actually peeing the bed.

For some reason, I didn't feel rested at all when I woke.

:|

I feel your pain, sister.

I have these dreams quite often! Looking all over for a bathroom only to find one with a long line...or one with no doors on the stall and a million people watching...and you try to go, but you can’t because everyone is watching. Lol.

RebelDyke 09-05-2019 07:42 PM

head cold has me K.O.'d. People at work were laughing because I was so over the counter drugged up just to get thru my class. I was leaning on counter tops..

Yes it was that bad, but I could not find anyone to cover my class. UGH. Now others are getting sick too, and well... they are blamin me... Shrugs I have broad shoulders, I can take it. :hamactor:

CherryWine 09-06-2019 07:32 AM

I woke up feeling quite chipper this morning. It’s been a minute.

And, it’s finally Friday, so...:dance1:

GeorgiaMa'am 09-06-2019 08:08 AM

I feel pretty well, today! I got 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night. Tiny Dog made it through the night without any more bouts of an upset tummy. Diva Kitty decided to sleep with me all night long on the bed. It was a good sleep.

Mopsie 09-06-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryWine (Post 1252138)
I woke up feeling quite chipper this morning. It’s been a minute.

And, it’s finally Friday, so...:dance1:

Me too! And boy am I glad it's Friday!!

Apocalipstic 09-06-2019 01:53 PM

Super anxious.

RebelDyke 09-06-2019 05:19 PM

it is amazing what sleep will do for you. After yesterdays OTC drug induced "coma", I was able to get a solid 5 hours of continuous, uninterrupted sleep! woohooo. Not feeling 100% yet, but definitely well rested!

Chad 09-06-2019 06:52 PM

Feeling

My shoulder still hurts but no more big pain pills and I am happy about that. Thanks to FMLA I am working a reduced work schedule this week.
The shoulder looks pretty gross, I caught a glimpse this morning, looks like the surgeon took a baseball bat to it. Ha!

Otherwise, I am happy.

Orema 09-13-2019 08:39 AM

Good but tired. Will work this weekend, but can work from home, I think. I'll know better later this morning. Will leave work early and stop to get a mani/pedi then back at it tomorrow morning.

Could be worse ... much worse.

:pursebee:

RebelDyke 09-13-2019 06:14 PM

i feel way better than i have been feeling the past two weeks. I feel like my body is finally catching up on the much needed sleep it missed out with the cold/bronchitis/whatever i had......

but exhausted still from maintaining the level of assignments, meetings, teaching responsibilities, as well as, any personal and social relationships... ugh. it's hard

Orema 09-18-2019 07:21 AM

Feeling good because people are working with me and not against me. Makes a world of difference.

Feeling tired. Not crazy tired, but I know I need a vacation. Am thinking of a trip to NYC or the Bahamas this winter, but I really should stay home, get a new knee, and save some money.

Feeling cute because I've got on one of my favorite dresses.

:pursebee:

JDeere 09-18-2019 04:49 PM

Tired...

And over all this rain we have here in Se Texas.

Thanks Imelda lol