Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Where is your slice of heaven? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183)

Massive 01-24-2011 09:23 PM

My little slice of heaven is a small beach about 15 minutes drive away from my Mum house. It's in a little village called Alnmouth, just a little old fishing village, which is packed with history.
The beach itself is open to everyone, although there's a charge to park there during the summertime, but it's more than worth it, because it's a doggy heaven, everyone who owns a dog around here ends up there at some point, you can sit on the concrete blocks that were originally placed there as coastal defences for the second world war and sit and look out at the sea, with loads of dogs running around and having the time of their lives. It's not too noisy, it's not overly crowded and it's your choice whether or not you talk to anyone there, but you've not got much choice when it comes to talking to peoples dogs, whether you love them or not, they come bounding up to you to say hello.
But it's one of the few places I know I can go and let down all my barriers and completely relax without having to worry about dealing with other peoples shit.
I value places like this beach, because I know it's also up to me whether or not I choose to talk to spirits which may be around at the time, which is the real reason why I love this place, I don't have to be constantly guarding myself from people...
I love this little island I call home!

miss entycing 05-03-2011 02:10 PM

right here is my slice of heaven.
lake lure, nc.
i'm moving up to this area within the next couple of months.
gonna be there tomorrow morning, right to these spots, journal in hand.
slice of heaven, here i come.
my turn for a change.
:)

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/z...y/DSCN1101.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/.../lakelure9.jpg

dixie 05-03-2011 02:27 PM

The ocean is my "soul-saving" place. I can stare at the waves for hours, and they seem to wash away all my troubles, stresses and worries.

weatherboi 05-03-2011 03:01 PM

under Her direction anywhere!!!

storyofmylife 05-03-2011 03:02 PM

my slice of Heaven here........

Is knowing my family , friends and those that are dear to me
are safe and healthy!:candle:

princessbelle 05-03-2011 03:53 PM

No doubt about it. One hundred and ten percent....the beach, any beach...at sunset.

When it's quiet a the end of the day, just as the sun touches the dark blue. When the breeze is soft and warm and the sand is cool between my toes. The sounds of the birds and the waves crashing sooth me. The salt on my lips and face calm me. The vastness of the ocean grounds me, centers me and helps me realize just how magnificent this world really is.

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...pcmbs59gj5.gif

Diva 05-03-2011 04:08 PM

Here's a slice of heaven.....

Almond~Scented Cake

Oneida 05-03-2011 04:10 PM

Leelanau Peninsula...Port Oneida (MI)

Passionaria 05-03-2011 04:12 PM

Le sigh, in Jax arms, that's my heaven.....

justpjhere 05-03-2011 05:04 PM

slice

my slice of heaven is on the bay sails up wind blowing and sun shining....

Goo 05-03-2011 05:23 PM

My solace/slice of heaven is in a forest amongst the trees, and if I can find a little creek somewhere to meditate and balance the world's problems in my head that is perfection

scootebaby 05-03-2011 07:18 PM

before i left kentucky my son and I would pack up the car and head to pigeon forge/gatlinburg for a weekend. we would stop along side the road between the 2 and climb around in the creek just hanging out

the beach has always been an escape for me--once i moved to florida,and was only 5 mins away i would sneak over there after an extremely difficult day walk out on the beach(usually not a soul around) close my eyes and just "feel" the power there....within minutes i would realize that most things i allow/allowed to bother me were so insignificant i felt silly

and then of course anywhere i can sit and watch dolphins...we have a place called Sebastian Inlet,and i used to tell Jo that there were always dolphins there when i went--i think she thought i was lying bc it took almost a yr for her to actually see them..everytime i see dolphins i get chills,a silly grin on my face,and i cant move im in such awe

of course taking Jo to the beach ,just she and i, is also great..walking hand in hand or finding shells and rushing to show the other...or just standing there arms around her watching the ocean

guess im pretty lucky i have several slices of heaven right here on earth

tessie 05-03-2011 07:42 PM

In the Hills of West Virginia ~ I like to go to them whenever I get a chance.
I feel heaven in the forest -or-
By a creek in the evening when the peepers fill your ears with sound-or-
In a summer morning when all you hear are songbirds and the land waking up-or-
The smell of fall leaves , fallen from your very own maple trees-or-
The sound of a thunderstorm (only the ones from home they sound so much wilder & so much more real) -or-
The sound of rain on a tin roof -or-
Seeing the bees, butterflies, bugs of a WV summer.

The bottom line is Home is where the Heaven & Heart is, even though my parents are passed , and my family home is sold . I still yearn for that place , that time. That Heaven.

boitanner 05-03-2011 07:50 PM

the lake or camping in the woods

Abigail Crabby 05-03-2011 07:51 PM

There's a beach in Bradenton Florida - clear sparkling water, white sands. Miles of pristine beauty.

It's right off the highway surrounded by trees and picnic tables so you can stop and picnic in the shade, or you can walk hand in hand on the beach looking for shells.

The water is warm, the sun shining, it's my little slice of heaven.

Martina 05-03-2011 08:41 PM

The Central Coast of California -- especially Morro Bay

i spent last summer there. i would move there as soon as i could manage it if i weren't happily involved. i like where i am too, but the Central Coast has it all. Gorgeous coastline, stunning hills, mellow people, some sophistication in a small town atmosphere. It's heaven.

Kenna 05-03-2011 09:22 PM

The Wildlife Refuge.... such a peaceful place in a chaotic world... where we found another new kind of birdie we've never seen before and need to look up it's name.

Bard 05-03-2011 09:30 PM

I would have to say by water now if I could take a pack trip with Desd of course on my horse Sky that would be about perfect.. I do remmeber a place in TN we use to go camp there when I was stationed at Ft Campbell this lake as we were just up on a small cliff it took my breath away and gave me peace...

Duchess 05-03-2011 09:33 PM

~My family's beach cottage on A1A in St. Augustine
~Helen, Ga. for a little fishing and hiking.

Duchess

Sparkle 05-03-2011 09:40 PM

almost all of my heaven spots are on the water...whether it be:

laying out on the diving board that extends from the boat house stargazing, over Canada Lake in the Adirondacks or

sitting on a blanket at Herring Cove Beach with a bonfire and my Bests as the sun sets or

finding solace in the gentle tide of the Mediterranean or

drifting gracefully along in a kayak anywhere...

the water brings me huge amounts of peace.