Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   The BFP Compound: Family Land (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4044)

Abigail Crabby 10-23-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomiczombie (Post 444639)
Well it would have all the potential problems that the site has: some people just there to cause trouble/conflicts, some people being intolerant and bigoted with respect to others, etc. And then those who might take advantage of the kindness and generosity of others. Duplicity, etc.

I guess what I am saying is that there would have to be a rigorous screening policy before letting people in. And there might be politics around said screening policy, and camps might spring up and get divided, etc.

I am not saying it's not a great idea, I guess I am just aware of all the potential pitfalls of such a thing. Nothing that is good and right and important is easy.

IMHO that those people who took the time to travel to the Reunion, really would get along in person here.

We had no conflict, we had no duplicty, like any small community there would be problems that could arise, but this would be reality - and not the internet where all we can do is time out someone.

People wouldn't move there that weren't interested in being there and sharing the space IMHO.

Abigail Crabby 10-23-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 444634)
Ok..deal.

And.

What if we got a time out? Would we go to jail?

:fastdraq:

Ooooh BFP Jail - it must be pink and it must be frilly on the Femme side.

Cowboi 10-23-2011 07:00 PM

I can take care of the livestock. Not to handy in the kitchen.
I like the idea of having a mess hall. That could be optional for those who want to dine alone.

Having a huge commons area would be kool, for those who want to hang out, play games, watch football, or baseball,or whatever. We would need a huge outdoor firepit, and grilling area. I think we should have a kick a$$ bar too!!! Im thinking a hot tub, and pool also.

We should all have to pay something.

I would want my guns, I might want to go hunting.

I could have all of y'all for neighbors. I love y'all.

I would only need a small house for me and Scout.

Jett 10-23-2011 07:02 PM

I'd go for it, I can build sound shelters and fix almost any vehicle... just mush on me in exchange and I'm all good ;)

durrrrrrrr 10-23-2011 07:03 PM

sounds good to me, but, only if I can bring my Harley with me and I can wear a baseball cap 24 / 7 ( cuz thats how i roll )

I can make sure everyone has gasoline, diesel , to run vehicles, farm equipment...etc etc

The_Lady_Snow 10-23-2011 07:08 PM

Thinking

I would think in a compound duplicity is gonna be hard to pull the same for bigoted folks real time community is not like a thread you can see the person and you know their intent.

I'd have to have my own space to be able to retreat to.

I need me time..

clay 10-23-2011 07:18 PM

good on no copperheads...but what about any other kinds of snakes....ie rattlers, etc...ewww I HATE snakes...makes me scream like a girl...(oh wait I AM a girl...n/m...lol)
Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 444625)
Let's further imagine that this "Compound" is in Oregon where there are no copperheads, bugs the size of your head, tornadoes or humidity to speak of.

#buzzkill

;)

Bella~Vita 10-23-2011 07:22 PM

I think we need to have a community within a community and this way everyone reaps the rewards. I like it when everyone wins ..... :hangloose:

We would also take care of our own for those who might not have all their abilities .... no worries ... a medical staff on board who have special needs. I myself have limitations, so I get it. Every day stuff we need and deserve for our Planet ! :rrose: :blueheels:

PS: I almost forgot ... everyone has their own house or apartment .

clay 10-23-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 444637)
Hmmm, guns? I think it's a good idea if I "do not" own one wouldn't you agree Snowy?? Dusa?? Jack?? :grindevil:

Our cats must be with us and, as an fyi...they are trained to be on leashes. Therefore, if cats are off limits, then we will not be moving to the compound.

Nobody puts "Bossy and Pippi in the corner"! (said in my best Patrick Swayze accent from "Dirty Dancing") Wait, lemme put my Boston spin on that...

"Nobody puts Bossy & Pippi in the corner you muthafuckas"!! :rofl:

*Ahem* that's a lot better...

lmao.......lol

Bella~Vita 10-23-2011 07:28 PM

Yeah and no big ass palmetto bugs:fastdraq:

Ebon 10-23-2011 07:38 PM

I'm in. I can fix stuff and do whatever needs to be done. Set up security etc...I just need a place to go to be alone at times because I get in moods where I don't like to be around people.

Nat 10-23-2011 07:48 PM

I would be very tempted though I love me my Texas folks (friends/family).

Plus I'm basically a cat - I lie around and internet every chance I get. (Read: I'm pretty useless outside of going to work and doing my job).

I'd rather have a job and pay than have chores. I suck at chores.

And I would come with a minimum of 1 dog and 1 cat.

Can we have a donkey and a goat? I heart donkeys and goats. Could we make our own cheese?

Can we seduce dorothy allison to come live with us?

Can we have writers' and artists' workshops?

I like the idea of everybody having their own space - mobile home, cabin, whatever. I'm an introvert - I like being alone to recharge and be grouchy. And good internet would be awesome. :)

Mess hall sounds hell of fun. M loves gardening and she's got experience tending to horses. She's my lovely farm girl. :) Plus she does artsy things and is good with landscaping.

Now I'm having memories of girl scout camp. Can we be near a river so we can canoe?

Oh, and I love taking baths - would prefer not to resort to shower-only living. :)

Somebody better like guns because we gotta protect the herd of cats from the coyotes and blackbears.

It would either be a dream come true or a nightmare come true - but the idea excites me. :)

Kat 10-23-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 444625)
Let's further imagine that this "Compound" is in Oregon where there are no copperheads, bugs the size of your head, tornadoes or humidity to speak of.

Don't forget...TARANTULAS! [insert Psycho shower scene music here] :eek:

DamonK 10-23-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 444609)
Let's pretend that Jack and I finally just won the Arkansas Powerball for $173 million. :)

After taxes, that's about $100 million left over.

Let's pretend that we're building a compound on about 400 acres just north of where we currently live. :)

Would you want to live on a BFP compound?
What skills can you contribute?
Would you want to do community meals every night in the "Mess Hall"?
Would people still need to pay something into the system like rent, even if it was only nominal?
Do you think you'd get tired of living with family all year long?
What pro's and con's can you see to this idea?
What input do you have?

Let's speak it into the Universe!

Yes, but I think it should be broken into apartment like things, not just bedrooms.

I cook. A lot. I clean too. I know how to do a lot of things in the nursing field -- and quite a few things I shouldn't know how to do -- and in general take direction well.

However, I'd much rather be out working in my field. I say I'd like being a houseboy, but I'd get bored in one month. I'd be willing to pay rent.

As long as there was separate place, like apartments or something, I'd be fine living together.

That's all I can think of currently.

Arwen 10-23-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Let's pretend that Jack and I finally just won the Arkansas Powerball for $173 million. :)

Let's pretend that we're building a compound on about 400 acres just north of where we currently live. :)

Would people still need to pay something into the system like rent, even if it was only nominal?
What input do you have?

First off, congratulations on winning (saying your affirmations in the hear and now strengthens them);

1.I would want to live on a BFP compound in my own little place. Not in a dormitory though. I have to have utter silence in large portions of my life.
2.I am a psychic. I can tell you shit.
I am a great cook. I can make you fat and happy.
I am a fair mediator and can help folks negotiate intricate, yucky personal matters.
I can do pedicures on cats, rabbits, ferrets and dogs.
I tell great bedtime stories.
I'm great with kids.
3. Absolutely not on the community meals. I'd rather that was a once a week thing as a meeting time or just gathering. I love communal food gatherings but I would not be happy if they were all the time. Maybe as a drop in thing?
4. Yes on rent. A certain percentage of sweat equity plus cold, hard cash.
5. As long as privacy was respected and noise levels maintained, it would be all good. As Wolfy so wisely points out...that's what vacations are for.
6a. Pros: A community who gets me. A family who would be there for the long haul.
6b. Cons: A community who is, by definition, defined by sexual preferences on any level is going to see NRE (New Relationship Energy), Lesbian Bed Death, Bitter Breakups. We would have to have rules in place that were voted upon, agreed upon and not slung aside at the first drop of an "Important Couple" breaking up.
7. I love the idea and would be there as long as a whole hell of a lot of communication happened. Knowing this crowd, I don't think that's an issue.

Gráinne 10-23-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

What input do you have?

Reluctantly, no. But that's just me; I wouldn't do well with people just showing up to visit. Would each household have "at home" hours, or would all doors be open all the time?

I could teach the kiddies :)

Would there be the option of having meals alone if wanted? I wouldn't want just a cabin with beds and one mess hall, like Girl Scout camp.

What about relatives and friends, would they be allowed to visit on the premises?

Who would be in charge, and how selected? Would these people end up like a "higher tier" of resident, with all the power? Would there be "term limits"?

How would the rules of the community be decided? What if there was an objection?

Communal living in a kind of utopia always sounds good on paper, but hasn't worked in reality. And maybe I shouldn't post, as I'm crabby ;).

Medusa 10-23-2011 08:13 PM

My vision would be that it would look like a loose subdivision with everyone having their own house. We'd have several different housing styles available: 3 bedroom/2 bath, 2 bedroom/1 bath, and 1 bedroom/1 bath.

I like the idea of having common space in the middle but everyone could retire to their private houses when the community stuff got to be overwhelming. :)

Just_G 10-23-2011 08:16 PM

I would love to have a workshop where I can build things and keep my tools. I would be able to team up with some of the other handy folks from here and build things/fix things/ and remodel things. I could also use my new degree to design houses/cottages to suit the residents. (using the sustainable design that I have been studying)

Coach Stappie would LOVE to get some kickball games going on a Saturday afternoon! :clap: How fun would that be?!

always2late 10-23-2011 08:19 PM

I volunteer to be a nurse in belle's hospital wing :). If there is any money left...after the houses are built...or if we bring in any money, could we also start a fund for a care facility for those in our community when we become aged and/or unable to take care of ourselves unassisted?

Martina 10-23-2011 08:20 PM

There will be cats.