Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Describe Mr/Mrs Wonderful (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3219)

imperfect_cupcake 11-16-2017 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDog (Post 1181447)
Be kind, honest, intelligent, good sense of humor, have a positive outlook on life, be a complement to my gender/sexual identity (e.g. femme, submissive, etc). Beyond that we just have to see how well we get along. I don't like having a long list of requirements. I would rather be pleasantly surprised.

I don't either, but the game for singles is
"if you had your *ideal,* what would it be?"

I know my ideal career is far more than the career that I love to bits.
My ideal cat is different than the one I have and love to bits and would never give up.
My ideal apartment is different than the one I'm in or willing to take.

So Ideal and what you'd be willing and happy to work with is different, no?

BullDog 11-16-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake (Post 1181550)
I don't either, but the game for singles is
"if you had your *ideal,* what would it be?"

I know my ideal career is far more than the career that I love to bits.
My ideal cat is different than the one I have and love to bits and would never give up.
My ideal apartment is different than the one I'm in or willing to take.

So Ideal and what you'd be willing and happy to work with is different, no?

Well of course if it works for others that is awesome. But no I do not have an ideal that comes with lots of characteristics. I would rather have the real thing than an ideal dream femme in my mind.

I couldn't have imagined ahead of time any of my past partners or their combination of qualities other than obvious ones like femme, compatible with stone butch, etc. Of course given that I am a Dominant Stone Butch Daddy there is a lot to be compatible with, so I guess mine is complicated from the get go. But I have been very pleasantly surprised every time in the past. So I prefer it that way. And I would hate to be measured against a long list of qualifications - unless of course I miraculously passed most of them, lol.

I think real live people are better than any list we can dream up (well they can be a lot worse too, so there is that), but yeah we all think about it differently.

After reading Esme's post though I do need to add left-leaning politics as a must!

imperfect_cupcake 11-16-2017 11:05 AM

hmn. I think I saw this as a game

if you ask me what I'd like in a *real* date I would list something very different and leave most things up to chance. I only have about 5 or 6 absolutes I require in dating folks. That's *much* different than a game of an ideal.

I would HATE to think that me talking about an ideal/perfect/dream is *ANYTHING* I would *EVER* expect *ANYONE* to *EVER* live up to. Because it doesn't exist. Ideals don't exist.

so, this isn't measuring against a long list of qualifications. Even remotely. To me, this is a parlour game of "doesn't exist"

ETA
I think if the question had been worded "what do you require in a partner" rather than "singles, describe your perfect partner to while away the hours on a monday night" I would have answered very differently. One sounds like a based in reality list, the other sounds ( to me and my brain) sounds like a game in front of the fire place like "if you could go anywhere in time, where would you go." and "If you could be any person in history, who would you be" kind of thing. Pure fantasy.

BullDog 11-16-2017 11:32 AM

Yeah I probably misread the intent of thread. Either way I don’t have an ideal in mind. I do write fiction so I make up characters quite often, but in this case for me I would just rather see what the real women are like.

imperfect_cupcake 11-16-2017 01:05 PM

So, no fantasy date ladies for you! ok ;)

JDeere 11-16-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDog (Post 1181576)
Yeah I probably misread the intent of thread. Either way I don’t have an ideal in mind. I do write fiction so I make up characters quite often, but in this case for me I would just rather see what the real women are like.

Agreed. Rather see what real women are like.

Kätzchen 11-19-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1181515)
I don't know for sure but we can see if they have an YouTube account. Here is their Channel Account HONY @ YouTube (LINK):

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJ8CZrZO_2dwYXR1uzUScOg

P. S. Most of the videos they film are live streamed on Facebook, though. I tried finding the S1:E4 video earlier on YouTube but couldn't find it there. So sorry homoe!

Here's the full Web link to Human's of New York (HONY):

http://www.humansofnewyork.com/

Very interesting film narratives on an variety of human conditions. HONY just finished their film series with an heart wrenching episode titled: Comnections.

I highly recommend the entire film series. (f)

homoe 04-29-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoberBoi (Post 335968)
For all the singles out there....

Something fun on a Monday night....

No holds barred.... describe your perfect partner.... :sunglass:

FIRST and foremost she has a wonderful sense of humor....