Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Was The Last Movie You Saw? Welcome Cinephiles. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3165)

Beachcomber 01-18-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus007 (Post 963954)
"Into the Woods"
I love Sondheim and fairy tales so what's not to love right?
Wrong
I felt like I was being beat about the head and shoulders with the same song over and over and over AND it just carried on FOREVER.
I left before it was over, so disappointing. A big fat thumbs down
(I did adore Johnny Depp as the big bad wolf though, rrrrraawwrrr)

I felt the same way. I wanted to like it, but it was very disappointing. I love Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt.

I just watched:

'Fury' (Brad Pitt) which was very good despite all the gore.
'Wild' (Reese Witherspoon) which as good but not as good as the hype.

homoe 01-18-2015 05:52 PM

Last night we watched Match with Patrick Stewart and we enjoyed it:popcorn:

As a Juilliard professor is interviewed by a woman and her husband for her dissertation on the history of dance in 1960's New York, it becomes increasingly clear that there are ulterior motives to the couple's visit.

Gemme 01-18-2015 07:14 PM

I saw Arthur Christmas again last night.

Love! It makes me happy.

I saw this today and it broke my heart a little bit.

The very very end made me happy even though it was sad.

gotoseagrl 01-18-2015 09:31 PM

Labor Day. Was great, <3 Kate Winslet.

tantalizingfemme 01-19-2015 06:40 PM

Saw the movie Boyhood. Sorry I wasted 2 hours of my day. :(

homoe 01-19-2015 06:52 PM

YES, so glad it just wasn't me who felt that way!

(2 hours and 45 minutes to be exact if you're counting, and believe me after about an hour you will)

tantalizingfemme 01-19-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 964307)

(2 hours and 45 minutes to be exact if you're counting, and believe me after about an hour you will)

It felt like 5 hours....

*Anya* 01-19-2015 07:27 PM

We just saw American Sniper with Bradley Cooper.

It was totally absorbing and Bradley Cooper became Chris Kyle.

The audience was full of vets, including older men with Vietnam vet caps.

There wasn't a sound in the theatre through the whole movie, except for sniffing and nose blowing; including the vets.

It was gut-wrenching and we were glad that we saw it.

Zimmeh 01-20-2015 06:01 AM

I went with several of my coworkers a couple of weeks ago and we saw, Big Hero 6. That was a crazy funny movie! Since I'm off on Saturday this week, I'm going to the movies by myself!

Zimmeh

Cole610 01-20-2015 09:39 AM

I watched Sordid Lives on the weekend. Vey funny and
excellent acting from the Ladies. (Netflix)

homoe 01-21-2015 05:24 PM

Still Life

2013 Independent (Eddie Marsan and Joanne Froggatt)

(A council case worker looks for the relatives of those found dead and alone)

This movie won't appeal to everyone and as you can probably detect from the brief description it's not so much a feel good movie but it sure has its moments. We thoroughly enjoyed it! Check it out and see what you think:popcorn:

Sparkle 01-21-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme (Post 964306)
Saw the movie Boyhood. Sorry I wasted 2 hours of my day. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 964307)

OH! I loved it!

It was very long, but I watched it at home, and took a couple of mid-movie breaks to cook dinner and make a phone call, so it didn't feel interminable to me at all.

I really appreciated the simple beauty of it.

I also saw the 'Imitation Game' recently. I liked it because I'm really happy Alan Turing's story is being told, but it felt more like a 2-part Masterpiece Theatre production, rather than a feature film. And while I'm grateful Turing's story is being told and he is being recognized for his genius and his incredible accomplishments - I was disappointed that they glossed over/barely touched upon the tragic end of his life, the government administered chemical castration, the loss of his career, the loss of his motor functions, the scorn of society - all because he was gay.

homoe 01-22-2015 06:54 PM

Last night we watched a older movie that was very good. The Mighty

Stars: Kieran Culkin, Gena Rowlands, Sharon Stone

This tells the story of a strong friendship between a young boy with Morquio's syndrome and an older boy who is always bullied because of his size.

(Adapted from the novel, Freak the Mighty)

EnchantedNightDweller 01-22-2015 10:32 PM

Pariah starring Adepero Oduye - Excellent

A Brooklyn teenager juggles conflicting identities and risks friendship, heartbreak, and family in a desperate search for sexual expression.

homoe 01-24-2015 05:28 PM

Love Is Strange..

2014 John Lithgow, Alfred Molina, Marisa Tomei

After Ben and George get married, George is fired from his teaching post, forcing them to stay with friends separately while they sell their place and look for cheaper housing -- a situation that weighs heavily on all involved.

Last night we watched this. It was a bit on the sad side in places but over hall we liked it:popcorn:

Zimmeh 01-25-2015 06:46 PM

American Sniper

I went today to see American Sniper with my coworkers! I cried through the majority of the movie and I will definitely purchase it.

Zimmeh

Talon 01-26-2015 01:39 PM

An animated film that's quite clever and stylish...I adored it.

*Anya* 01-26-2015 03:00 PM

Cake with Jennifer Aniston.

I know that there was a big push to nominate her for an academy award but I think that the right decision to not nominate her, was made in this case, IMHO.

Fake scars on her face: check.
Grief: check
Chronic pain: check.

All of these issues are serious and profoundly difficult to deal with in RL, however, none were believable, to me, in this movie.

C0LLETTE 01-26-2015 04:21 PM

I saw Mr Turner and thought it was a wonderful, marvellous, terrific, beautiful, absorbing, interesting film. There was nothing and everything.

homoe 01-28-2015 06:55 PM

Last night we watched My Old Lady : Kevin Kline, Kristin Scott Thomas, Maggie Smith (An American inherits an apartment in Paris that comes with an unexpected resident).

We were expecting a more upbeat and comical movie. This turned out to be something completely different, and while not all together unpleasant, just not the feel good movie we hoped for. Check it out and see what you think:popcorn: