Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

Stone-Butch 10-03-2020 11:15 AM

Dinner

NY strip steak and beet salad. Ice tea.

Gemme 10-03-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopsie (Post 1275791)
I had this kale salad that my stepmom gets at Costco. Its not my fave because it really puts the rough in roughage. Serious chewing time! I also added a banana and some cashews. Plus lots of water!

https://i2.wp.com/www.melaniecooks.c...ad-package.jpg

I've had this salad and really like it. It's pretty much the only thing I can stand Brussels sprouts in because they are shredded nicely. One thing you can do if you find it too 'chewy' is to spread the greens out on a plate and chop them up more finely before you put the additional ingredients into it. The 'mouth feel' might be a little better if the pieces are smaller and more manageable.

Ocean's idea of adding fresh fruit is good too. It'll add flavor and moisture. I don't remember if you are not eating bread now but I like to oven toast a small piece of naan to go along with my salads and use it to mop up the dressing left behind.

I don't eat it as much as before due to the sugar content in the dressing. It has a crazy high amount of sugar--which is why my sweet tooth liked it so much--10g of the 13g of sugar will go directly to my liver and process just like straight up table sugar or HFCS would.

For thread compliance, tonight's meal will be one of four options.

1. Salad with naan.
2. Sautéed veggies with jasmine rice and some undetermined meat form (probably a spicy chicken patty).
3. Turkey dog with Artisano sausage roll, pickled salsa and mustard. It's reminiscent of a Chicago dog.
4. Tacos with a flour tortilla, fake chorizo meat, guac, black beans, chipotle sauce, sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, a dollop of sour cream and fresh pico de gallo.

I don't know which one yet but they all sound good to me now.

Bèsame* 10-03-2020 12:21 PM

Plan is

Pan seared scallops
Jasmine rice
Steamed veggies

Possible Land Shark to drink🍺

Orema 10-03-2020 04:01 PM

Buffalo wings in the air fryer with celery and blue cheese followed by a keto brownie.

Gemme 10-03-2020 08:16 PM

Secretly, I was hoping for tacos but it wound up being a bacon Caesar salad with a small piece of toasted naan, two Halos and water to drink.

C0LLETTE 10-03-2020 08:29 PM

What is a "halo", please?

Kelt 10-03-2020 08:56 PM

Big salad of many greens topped with prawns and avocado
Kefir whizzed up with fresh blackberries for dessert

:eating:

Kätzchen 10-04-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopsie (Post 1275791)
I had this kale salad that my stepmom gets at Costco. Its not my fave because it really puts the rough in roughage. Serious chewing time! I also added a banana and some cashews. Plus lots of water!

https://i2.wp.com/www.melaniecooks.c...ad-package.jpg

I like this salad mix and I usually buy a couple of bags of it to use as filler for veggie wraps. The bags of Sweet Kale Mix I buy usually come with packets of dried seeds and berries and a pouch of Poppyseed salad dressing.

For dinner tonight, I am reheating a batch of roasted veggies: small yellow potatoes, sweet potatoes and parsnips. A small slice of toasted nan, too. I might drizzle some Garlic Aoli onto the veggies, as well. Water to drink. Herbal tea for dessert (Lemon Loaf Tea).

Stone-Butch 10-04-2020 12:46 PM

Dinner

chicken fingers and potato puffs. Ice tea.

Kelt 10-04-2020 03:13 PM

I just put the chicken in a honey mustard marinade
Will fire up the grill tonight
Probably heirloom beans to go with
Not sure what else

:eating:

FireSignFemme 10-04-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1275867)

https://www.halosfun.com/

C0LLETTE 10-04-2020 05:31 PM

Thanks Fire Sign Femme.

I had no idea. For some reason I thought they might be tiny Filipino cookies. No idea why I thought that...kinda like macaroons . Live and learn.

Bèsame* 10-04-2020 06:35 PM

Bacon swiss cheese burger on top of chopped spinach, romaine, cherry tomatoes, and yellow peppers. ( no bun)

Brownie with ice cream later. I sprinkled choc chips on top. Oh...and an added surprise!!! Tossed some blueberries inside. 😉

Bèsame* 10-04-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1275840)
Buffalo wings in the air fryer with celery and blue cheese followed by a keto brownie.

Isn't the air fryer just a wonderful thing?!?!

RebelDyke 10-04-2020 07:46 PM

today was a steak, corn on the cob...and cantaloupe.

it was delicious

Gemme 10-04-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1275867)

A delicious little mandarin that's only available in the winter. I was stoked to see them in the produce section last week.

The Halos trademark, also “Wonderful Halos,” is owned by Wonderful Citrus, which also owns the trademarks POM Wonderful pomegranates, Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Almonds and Sweet Scarlett red grapefruit. It is the #1 mandarin brand in the U.S. and 100% California-grown (some producers may augment their domestic supply with imported fruit). Even their website sounds delicious: Wonderful.com.

Read more at: https://blog.thenibble.com/2016/04/0...y-clementines/

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1275909)
Thanks Fire Sign Femme.

I had no idea. For some reason I thought they might be tiny Filipino cookies. No idea why I thought that...kinda like macaroons . Live and learn.

Nope, nope, nope. I'm working on reducing my intake of sugar and while fruit has sugar, it's a different kind than the added sugar found in sweets, so I use my Halos to curb my cravings for sweet stuff. Apples help too, but not as much because they aren't as adorable or juicy as Halos.

When the Halos run out, I usually get Cuties.

February 15th is National Clementine Day.

Clementines are a type of mandarin.

I think that's all I got.

:blink:

Anyway, tonight I went with the poor man's knockoff of a Chicago dog. I slit and seared my turkey dogs in avocado oil spray and then put them on Artesano sausage rolls with mustard and Pickle de Gallo. They were good. Not great, like a Chi-Town dog, but good enough. I had water to drink and 3 Halos for dessert.

FireSignFemme 10-04-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 1275916)

Too many sausage links, one over medium fried egg and for the main course a pile of hashbrowns topped with some Heinz no sugar added catsup. It just occurred to me – even though I write catsup, when I talk about it I say ketch up. Probably in part because I grew up around people who used both but there was more behind it than that. I vaguely remember my mother explaining it once but... well it escapes me.

Pacificblu 10-04-2020 09:50 PM

Scallops in a white wine sauce with leeks and mushrooms
It came with fingerling potatoes and a Spicey mango corn salad on the side

Orema 10-05-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 1275916)

Goodness, it's great. I've been reading up on how some models chip and flake. Those are the kind I purchased in the past and it drove me mad. I did some research after being tempted by you and firegal and found one just right for me.

It's good not only for cooking food but also for reheating it. I still haven't made apple chips or dehydrated any food yet, but this one is definitely a keeper.

Will probably have wings tonight in the air fryer with power greens on the side.

:bow:

Stone-Butch 10-05-2020 02:23 PM

Dinner

Baked pork chop bone in and jasmine rice with steamed broccoli. Ice tea.