Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

Rockinonahigh 10-08-2010 02:21 PM

Baked fish and steamed veggies for me,baked fish and cajun rice for my son..trying to get him on the weight loss thingy too.

Semantics 10-08-2010 02:30 PM

I don't know yet, but I'm meeting friends at Tom Colicchio's restaurant at Foxwoods so I'm sure it'll be good!

Guy 10-08-2010 03:14 PM

I had chicken with bowtie pasta in a light garlic parmesan sauce. The furkids had a nice thick juicy steak.

Zimmeh 10-08-2010 03:30 PM

I'm having a Asiago and Roast Beef sandwich from Panera Bread minus the onion, tomato and horse radish sauce.

Gentle Tiger 10-08-2010 03:34 PM

I don't know all the particulars yet but this I do know: there WILL be snow crab legs involved! Is it six o'clock yet?

Chancie 10-08-2010 04:43 PM

I found spice-y chick peas and mango chutney in the freezer, so

I made spice-y onion relish this morning, before I left for work.

I don't think there is any naan, but

I will make rice.

How do you cook delicata squash?

waxnrope 10-08-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancie (Post 204822)
I found spice-y chick peas and mango chutney in the freezer, so

I made spice-y onion relish this morning, before I left for work.

I don't think there is any naan, but

I will make rice.

How do you cook delicata squash?

Very carefully? :blink:

Soon 10-08-2010 06:17 PM

A Nuevo Chino Latino Dining Experience

waxnrope 10-08-2010 06:20 PM

I had :sushi:

Random 10-08-2010 06:46 PM

Banna Split..
Molten choc cake...

lipstixgal 10-08-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy In Florida (Post 204786)
I had chicken with bowtie pasta in a light garlic parmesan sauce. The furkids had a nice thick juicy steak.

You give steak to the dogs??:|

Lillie 10-08-2010 06:51 PM

homeade tamales made in somone else's home lol..but they are really good!

thanks mary! :) :rrose:

yimsharirb98 10-08-2010 06:54 PM

dinner

pizza night....yayyyyyy lmao

Chancie 10-08-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a wife (Post 204841)
A Nuevo Chino Latino Dining Experience

When I was a kid, growing up in New York City,

Many of the restaurants serving comidas criollas were Chinese owned, and

The waiters spoke Spanish.

I can not tell you how this fascinated my sister and me.

chefhottie25 10-08-2010 10:04 PM

i ate at work. made a pork carnitas taco with avocado, cheese, and cilantro. it was perfect...i didn't have much time to eat.

Gemme 10-09-2010 03:11 AM

I had steamed veggies with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and some grapes.

femmennoir 10-09-2010 06:16 AM

Toasted whole grain sourdough, Roquefort "Papillon", ripe pear, handfull of pecans, glass of Chardonnay from France.
Elle*

EnderD_503 10-09-2010 06:23 AM

I'm supposed to go to some kind of dinner thing tonight. Apparently there will be a roast duck or something. So duck and something else lol

Venus007 10-09-2010 06:40 AM

Tonight I am making pomegranate marinated roast chicken with mashed sweet potatoes with puree of carrot and ginger tossed in and a wilted spinach salad and for dessert I am trying out a bittersweet chocolate cake with marrons glace (candied chestnuts) and to drink a nice pinot noir

Blade 10-09-2010 07:03 AM

when it gets here it will be chicken and dumplins from a local church

Guy 10-09-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipstixgal (Post 204845)
You give steak to the dogs??:|

Shhhh.. they don't know that they are dogs

femmennoir 10-09-2010 05:10 PM

A long simmered pea soup with caramelized onions and earthy porcini mushrooms, with a hint of organic all natural bacon, fresh thyme, and a generous grind of pepper...with whole grain sourdough, sweet butter, and some greens from the farmer's market en vinaigrette...glass of pinot noir.
Elle*

Gemme 10-09-2010 06:10 PM

I haven't a clue. I'm sure we'll find something.

Nina 10-09-2010 06:11 PM

a huge sweet honey crisp apple

dried apricots...

toast...

and nuts...

then later I will graze through out the evening...

and have cake

(unless I get mad and don't eat...or get mad and eat anything which is not moving...you know how it can be!!) :}

hpychick 10-09-2010 06:16 PM

homemade beef and noodles, broccoli, and my yummy applecrisp for dessert later!

Soon 10-09-2010 06:56 PM

sushi!
:canadian:

Gemme 10-09-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow (Post 205323)
sushi!
:canadian:

I'm jealous!!!!

Corkey 10-09-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 205325)
I'm jealous!!!!

Not jealous, but want:sushi:

Liam 10-09-2010 08:22 PM

A savory beef stew and hard crunchy rolls—perfect fare for this cool autumn day, on the high plains.

Cowboi 10-09-2010 08:36 PM

Broke the diet today!! Pizza and lots of beer!!! Back on the diet tomorrow!

SimpleAlaskanBoy 10-09-2010 09:46 PM

A toasted onion bagel with butter. Not very hungry today, fighting a cold.
~SAB

Daddy Raven 10-10-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random (Post 3081)
Cause someone needed this thread..

Dinner was:

Sasuage and egg scramble

Pepper gravy

Biscuits...

We went to the store for enchalada sauce and came out with breakfast..:confused:

I had a spinach lasagna from Urban Harvest Market for dinner. It was pretty good and the portion was big enough for two meals. Yum.

Gemme 10-10-2010 01:34 AM

We wound up going to IHOP. I had a coupon! Weeee, right?

Not quite. :eyebrow:

When I ordered the Maui shrimp, I was not informed they did not have any of the pineapple sauce and had NO cocktail sauce on the premises, otherwise I would have ordered something else. Shrimp = cocktail sauce, right?

Then, our salads came AFTER the entrees. THEN, the server suggested I put hot sauce on my shrimp instead since they didn't have cocktail sauce or the pineapple sauce it was supposed to come with. Did I mention that the server didn't think it was necessary for me to know this information when I ordered? For those that are fortunate enough to never have ordered this dish, they come wrapped in a quarter inch thick coating of whatever it is that they coated it with and, since I had to wait on the server to get back with us for a while, it was not even warm. Basically, it was in a hard ass cocoon.

I had also asked for ketchup when I asked for the cocktail sauce. Apparently, the ketchup was forgotten when the cocktail sauce debacle began. It took two more tries to flag her down and then it was, "Oh! You want ketchup?"

:|

Anyway, so I'm eating my broccoli and potatoes and cocooned shrimp like a good girl and the manager walks by and asks if everything is okay. Initially, I was like sure, whatever, and then....I brought the sauce issue up. THEN, she says, "Sometimes they are too lazy to look for stuff. Let me go see if I can find it for you." Two minutes later, the sauce is in front of me.

I appreciated the manager but was not thrilled at ALL about the service we received. Organic is kinder than I and was still going to tip more than 20%. I could not let him. My mother, who had been a server for almost 20 years, would have come back from the grave and boxed my ears. She was always very clear on the point that, yes, servers pretty much live off of the tips, but if you get shitty service, they get a shitty tip or certainly not ABOVE the average. You don't reward bad behavior. Okay, that last part was also for pet training, but us humans are a fraction of a chromosome away from them, so it still fits. Some of us are a little more animalistic than others. I am quite likely that of an ornery bear, awakened too early in the season and starving.

Anyway, the Caesar salad was SOAKED in dressing (I forgot to ask for it on the side), the potatoes and broccoli were decent and the shrimp sucked. The Mt. Dew was awesome though as was Organic's tilapia.

If this had taken place at oh, say 3am-ish, I could almost forgive it. We all know the best servers are on the busiest shifts and graveyard isn't one of them, even on the weekends. But this was right around 10pm. Ridiculous!

Sparkle 10-10-2010 09:21 AM

Supper will be a team event this evening ~

I am making leek, pancetta & parmigiano-reggiano risotto.

lipstixgal 10-10-2010 09:57 AM

Meatballs with sauce and whole wheat pasta 1 cup two meatballs and salad and a weight watchers dessert and some fruit if I ever get to the store to get some need some different kind of fruit to munch on!!:rrose:

StillettoDoll 10-10-2010 06:38 PM

Grilled chicken with a big salad and some ice cream for dessert, rocky road for me and vanilla for Blaze.

Gemme 10-10-2010 10:21 PM

I had one grilled hotdog and one grilled sausage, a handful of pickle slices and a couple of dabs of red potato and mustard potato salad. Oh, and some Doritos. Oh, and lil baby root beers. Yummy! :tease:

dixie 10-10-2010 10:24 PM

I don't remember what I had, other than some yeast rolls with honey butter and some of my mom's homemade banana pudding...

Gemme 10-10-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixielady (Post 205960)
I don't remember what I had, other than some yeast rolls with honey butter and some of my mom's homemade banana pudding...

Um, sugar and carbs. What more do you need?

It's been AGES since I've had a proper yeast roll with honey butter. I prefer the whipped kind. It makes me feel as if what I'm eating isn't really all THAT bad.

pajama 10-10-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixielady (Post 205960)

:| :| :| :| Ummm really? Bread and banana pudding? Ok. :D