Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Older LGBTIQ Crush Thread - Post Age 40 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1560)

AtLast 06-07-2010 10:43 PM

The Older LGBTIQ Crush Thread - Post Age 40

I enjoy taking a look at the Crushing thread- but, it seems to revolve around the young and mostly film celebrities. And its all about looks, air-brushed looks. Perfect body looks. So, I figured a thread for those of us past 40 might even things out. The 20 something air-brushed pics are just getting to be too much!

Hummmm... a discussion of ageism in our community could evolve, No? Or, just have fun with we older folks struttin' and showing our stuff! I know there are many, many, post 40 year old members here and that we admire or think many older people of distinction are hot!

AtLast 06-08-2010 12:45 AM

http://www.joanbaez.com/Images/JBPub2003big.jpg

Been crushing on Joan Baez since I was 12! She's still da' bomb! I know, a celebrity.... but couldn't help myself.

Kobi 06-08-2010 03:54 AM

I have been crushing on Sandra Bullock for years. She is sexy, funny, graceful, poised, just a credit to womanhood all around.

AtLast 06-08-2010 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 125468)
I have been crushing on Sandra Bullock for years. She is sexy, funny, graceful, poised, just a credit to womanhood all around.

I agree! :happyjump:

JustJo 06-08-2010 08:00 AM

Thank you so much for starting this thread AtLast! :rrose:

I have to confess that I can't handle much time in the other crush thread...it pushes all of the "you aren't beautiful enough to be loved" buttons I had installed at far too young of an age.

And, in gratitude, I will share a story with you...because I love Joan Baez too...always have, always will.

When I was 16ish...oh back somewhere about 1978...I flew (standby) up to San Francisco as I was inclined to do back then. It was right around Christmas...clear, cold, bright...

Joan Baez gave a free, candlelight concert on the steps of City Hall (or some such building) at midnight as her gift to the people of San Francisco...and I went. There were hundreds and hundreds of us, standing and sitting, silently holding candles....listening to her sing and play acoustic guitar in a relatively silent city night. It was probably one of the most magical times I have ever experienced.

:moonstars:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 125431)
http://www.joanbaez.com/Images/JBPub2003big.jpg

Been crushing on Joan Baez since I was 12! She's still da' bomb! I know, a celebrity.... but couldn't help myself.

Jet 06-08-2010 10:49 AM

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture2-8.png

Crush on the stunning. (However, my aunt who lived up the road, said she was the biggest bitch in town.)

AtLast 06-08-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 125525)
Thank you so much for starting this thread AtLast! :rrose:

I have to confess that I can't handle much time in the other crush thread...it pushes all of the "you aren't beautiful enough to be loved" buttons I had installed at far too young of an age.

And, in gratitude, I will share a story with you...because I love Joan Baez too...always have, always will.

When I was 16ish...oh back somewhere about 1978...I flew (standby) up to San Francisco as I was inclined to do back then. It was right around Christmas...clear, cold, bright...

Joan Baez gave a free, candlelight concert on the steps of City Hall (or some such building) at midnight as her gift to the people of San Francisco...and I went. There were hundreds and hundreds of us, standing and sitting, silently holding candles....listening to her sing and play acoustic guitar in a relatively silent city night. It was probably one of the most magical times I have ever experienced.

:moonstars:

Yup, thinking the same thing! Imagination fascination is fun, but, we are not all perfect! Besides, how one carries herself is what gets my attention. I just had a conversation with my wrinkles... they said they give me character. Sure, I enjoyed my younger days, but there is a whole lot to be said for taking in some years. besides, older butches & femmes are hot!!!

Jet 06-08-2010 11:11 AM

i dont see whats wrong with posting celebrities, a crush is a crush regardless of age.

JustJo 06-08-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 125650)
i dont see whats wrong with posting celebrities, a crush is a crush regardless of age.

Hi Jet :rrose:

I don't have an issue with celebrities or crushes...and I agree that a crush is a crush regardless of age.

Speaking only for myself, I don't spend time in the other thread because I have had far too much pain around the "you're only beautiful and desirable if you're skinny, blonde and fit some standard media notion of beauty." I'm not...I never have been...and I never will be. It took me a long time to embrace my own beauty...and it's still easily shaken by too much fawning over the likes of 20 something stars.

That's just me...and I'm not saying anyone is wrong for liking what they like...I just choose not to hang around it and feel the thumb jamming that old button down, that's all.

AtLast...embrace those wrinkles...I have no doubt you earned them.

:rrose:

Lillie 06-08-2010 11:21 AM

umm..ya.....
:bowdown::bowdown:

http://kristymcnichol.net/images/kri...nichol_wp1.jpg

:yeahthat::thud:

AtLast 06-08-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillie (Post 125660)
umm..ya.....
:bowdown::bowdown:

http://kristymcnichol.net/images/kri...nichol_wp1.jpg

:yeahthat::thud:

OMG!!! Kristi!! what is she doing these days?

Jet 06-08-2010 11:37 AM

I guess I still don't understand this because I don't believe you should feel like this....

"you're only beautiful and desirable if you're skinny, blonde and fit some standard media notion of beauty."

People can crush celebrities all they want, its not like going their going to
end up with them. And the deal breaker is....just because they're gorgeous or famous, does in no way set a standard as to what is beautiful...at least not for me. I thought it was all in play, anyway, until it finally it came down to agreeing as to who was hot on the A-lists. Pretty people can't help being pretty physically. But.....

Who gives a shit? I don't.

Every body is attracted/attractive to somebody in this world...and for reasons beyond beauty. And there are dozens of them.

I'm sorry your sensibilities got knocked about.
If I were you, I'd go back in the thread anytime you want and let on that there's a tall, cool glass of water out there for you...because of you.

cya around

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 125658)
Hi Jet :rrose:

I don't have an issue with celebrities or crushes...and I agree that a crush is a crush regardless of age.

Speaking only for myself, I don't spend time in the other thread because I have had far too much pain around the "you're only beautiful and desirable if you're skinny, blonde and fit some standard media notion of beauty." I'm not...I never have been...and I never will be. It took me a long time to embrace my own beauty...and it's still easily shaken by too much fawning over the likes of 20 something stars.

That's just me...and I'm not saying anyone is wrong for liking what they like...I just choose not to hang around it and feel the thumb jamming that old button down, that's all.

AtLast...embrace those wrinkles...I have no doubt you earned them.

:rrose:

Lillie 06-08-2010 11:48 AM

still looking fabulous!

http://jaydeanhcr.files.wordpress.co...chol-today.jpg

Ebon 06-08-2010 11:51 AM

-

I'm crushing on Arwen because she's the most amazing woman I've met in my life.

AtLast 06-08-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 125688)
I'm crushing on Arwen because she's the most amazing woman I've met in my life.

Way KEWL!!!

CherylNYC 06-08-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 125675)
I guess I still don't understand this because I don't believe you should feel like this....

"you're only beautiful and desirable if you're skinny, blonde and fit some standard media notion of beauty."

We all have feelings about ourselves and our bodies that may not be rational. It's easy to say we should or should not feel something. But we feel, none the less. And we have to respect that in ourselves and others.

I don't tell myself what I should feel. I ask myself why I feel it, and act accordingly. Like Jo, avoiding situations that make me feel bad about myself is my healthy response.

My crush is Queen Latifah in Set It Off. It was a female bank robber movie. She played an unapologetic butch, and she was AWESOME! I have yet to see Chicago. I hear she rocked that, too.

UofMfan 06-08-2010 12:16 PM

MODERATING:

Reminder:

Please honor the purpose of this thread by posting your over 40 crushes. Keep in mind that we cannot "Police" desire, and that not everyone's desires are the same. Also, please try to be sensitive in your use of language, which can come across as sexist if we're not careful! We are all individuals here with varied tastes and interests, if something/someone doesn't float your boat, skip it and post someone that does.

JustJo 06-08-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylNYC (Post 125705)
We all have feelings about ourselves and our bodies that may not be rational. It's easy to say we should or should not feel something. But we feel, none the less. And we have to respect that in ourselves and others.

I don't tell myself what I should feel. I ask myself why I feel it, and act accordingly. Like Jo, avoiding situations that make me feel bad about myself is my healthy response.

My crush is Queen Latifah in Set It Off. It was a female bank robber movie. She played an unapologetic butch, and she was AWESOME! I have yet to see Chicago. I hear she rocked that, too.

Thank you Cheryl :rrose: I couldn't have said it better myself...

I also adore Queen Latifah....and she did rock Chicago....you gotta' be good to mama....

Jet 06-08-2010 12:21 PM

Remind me not to look at the glass half full again.

UofMfan 06-08-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 125715)
Remind me not to look at the glass half full again.

MODERATING:

Jet, if you don't have something related to thread to add on here then don't post. Please keep yourself in check. I know you hate it when others do exactly what you are doing on your threads.

If you have any issues with moderation or otherwise, I encourage you to PM me or any of the other moderators.

Now if we can go back to the spirit of this thread I for one would be very pleased.