Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4681)

*Anya* 08-10-2013 08:16 AM

My GF says to me the other day: "you are so much more mellow than you used to be".

Not really. I have a shitload of things that bug me. I just have learned to pick my battles better:

1. Loud people. Like in the movies or in a restaurant. STFU!

2. Parents that allow their kids to run and scream in restaurants. ( there is a whole thread somewhere here in BFP on "is it ok to take your kids to an expensive restaurant"? Uh, not if they are allowed to run and scream, no).

3. People that chew gum with their mouth open, snap their gum, blow bubbles and pop them! Not even talking about children, talking about adults. It is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

4. Radios with heavy metal on the beach: up really loud. Actually, I prefer the old days, when people went to the beach and just listened to the waves.

What a concept but I guess I have become my mother and am an old fart now. :blush:

5. I can't even get started about wind chimes.

Noise sensitivity: When I was 30, noise did not bother me nearly as much as it does now.

*Sigh*

Miss Scarlett 08-10-2013 08:46 AM

Shopping carts left in parking spaces, especially in clearly marked disabled parking spaces...

PoeticSilence 08-10-2013 11:11 PM

Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves

People that are so discourteous that instead of being patient and letting you complete your statement or thought, they interrupt you. This is something most people learn, as a child, that is rude.

girl_dee 08-11-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham (Post 831842)
Just take your butter from the other end, or spoon the jelly out:byebye:

hah... :blink:

girl_dee 08-11-2013 06:02 AM

when you are talking to someone and they are checking/texting/looking at their cellphone.

PoeticSilence 08-12-2013 04:44 AM

Walking behind/next to/past someone who has a dog on a leash and is dragging the dog along when it's trying to stop for something.

girl_dee 08-12-2013 06:42 PM

personalized license plates that i can't figure out.. drives me nuts(er) !

RockOn 08-12-2013 08:31 PM

In the past couple of weeks, this guy in a very nearby cubicle brought in a huge bag of something - I suspect potato chips. He brings it out mid mornings and mid afternoons. He has to squeeze and massage this freaking bag every time after he gets a bite. I want to ... well, nevermind about that. This guy irritates me so much! I almost went over there today but decided I needed to wait until I could be less annoyed. I already bought him a pack of paper plates for his subway sandwiches, asked him if he would use them and quit squeezing and rattling the sandwich wrapper the entire time he eats. He also uses a coaster I took him. He used to slam his large drink down every time he took a drink. I really do not like this fellow. He eats like a pig!

RockOn 08-12-2013 08:39 PM

note to *Anya*

I have a sensitivity to noise too - more so at work I think. I think it worsened the past few years. Wish I could be more tolerable. One thing, other friends at work are annoyed by same things but won't do anything about it. They love when I say something to the offender.

girl_dee 08-12-2013 08:46 PM

Brock,

i can relate. i work in a office with two sisters, both eat all day long. We work in a very relaxed space, but one of them i share my office with 3 days a week. She eats ALL day long, which i don't care about, but i do care that half the time her food ends up on the floor and when she comes to my desk she is talking with her mouth full of food. i don't think she realizes she does everything while eating. All day, chewing or discussing lunch. She comes in at 8:30 asking about lunch. Her life revolves around it i think.

After she leaves i sweep up the chips, grapes and whatever else has hit the floor. Trash can full of food bags. i am so afraid of bugs that i empty it every day.

Every single day she goes out for lunch, comes back, punches in and brings her lunch to her desk which is in my office, and proceeds to eat. So she answers the phone and talks to all of us with her lunch in her mouth... for hours the place smells like Subway, Canes or whatever other hot lunch she gets. i don't eat these things and i can't stand the smell.. but i am still the new kid on the block so i keep quiet about it for now. i have dropped hints about it but it goes over her head i think. i think she has done this for so long she doesn't know how to do anything else. She is munching when she walks in and until she leaves. If i have a snack around, like almonds out, she confesses that she "stole a few". Of course i don't mind but wow.

My problem is that i really love this lady, she is so sweet and nice. She is considerate on every level, but this eating thing. i think she is truly oblivious to it, i also think she has a serious problem and she struggles with it openly. She is very sensitive and i know it would really hurt her feelings, but dang its kinda crazy.

puddin' 08-13-2013 01:45 PM

venetian blinds, hangin' pictures, clocks and mirrors that aren't hangin' straight. makes me :seeingstars:

(and, yes, i do straighten them! lol)

Rockinonahigh 08-13-2013 02:12 PM

If yoou are at my place or borrowing something of mine please clean up the mess you make...just one of my pet peeves...especaly in my kitchen.

tndoc 08-13-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 832284)
when you are talking to someone and they are checking/texting/looking at their cellphone.

THAT IS JUST IGNORANCE :/

ForeverBlue 08-13-2013 06:29 PM

Dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink, I cant sleep if I know there is anything there.....and no I dont own a dishwasher, not a fan of those either.......OK off to the "need help forum"............

girl_dee 08-13-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverBlue (Post 833406)
Dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink, I cant sleep if I know there is anything there.....and no I dont own a dishwasher, not a fan of those either.......OK off to the "need help forum"............

i think they are a huge waste of water and electricity!

My sister explained that they are necessary to sterilize dishes. i asked if she was going to do surgery on them!

ForeverBlue 08-13-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 833437)
i think they are a huge waste of water and electricity!

My sister explained that they are necessary to sterilize dishes. i asked if she was going to do surgery on them!

LOL They have to be sterilized after sitting dirty in a box for who knows how long! .............probably cause its just me would take days to fill it...

girl_dee 08-13-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverBlue (Post 833446)
LOL They have to be sterilized after sitting dirty in a box for who knows how long! .............probably cause its just me would take days to fill it...

Yes.. she is the only one using it so the dirty dishes sit in there for days...

Blah

RockOn 08-13-2013 08:05 PM

response to girl_dee

girl_dee, I sure have a lot of compassion for you regarding your work situation. And especially being the newbie there. It simply amazes me how some people at work either don't have a clue about how disrepectful they are of others or they don't care. I am so careful about my noise output at work. I must confess that I eat often at work but dump things on a paper plate that are in rattleand crackle package. No one has to suffer through any food intake of mine. I make sure of it. Wish I had a silver bullet for you, a for sure fix to offer you but I don't. My mouth always tends to get me in trouble at work. Someone pisses me off with some disgusting or rude cyclic behavior at work and I end up pissing them off for telling them to knock it off. Then I have ended up in the big office because I mowed them over. Anyway, I doubt my ways would be your ways. Let me know along the way how things are for you at work with these people. Hope it gets better soon!

ForeverBlue, I do not like dishwashers either. They cannot
get my stuff as squeaky clean as I can.

PoeticSilence 08-13-2013 09:53 PM

Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves:

When someone else borrows or uses the truck/car and doesn't put the seat and steering wheel and radio back the way they found it.

Andrea 08-16-2013 05:10 PM

Bathrooms with only the blow dry your hands machine and doors that must be touched to open.

I have seen people (specifically co-workers) who don't use soap (water alone contributes to bacteria growth) when "washing" their hands. What good is it for me to wash my hands and then grab the handle, or twist open the knob, after someone who didn't wash properly? At least give me some paper towel to open the door with, or put an automatic door button I can press with my elbow.

Chad 08-16-2013 05:42 PM

Pet Peeve

I hope that I don't offend anyone but my pet peeve is when someone makes a mistake and says "my bad". Saying "my bad" is not an apology.

The appropriate response would be pardon me, excuse me, I am sorry, or I apologize.

Ginger 08-16-2013 05:46 PM

Pet Peeve: Someone asking what I do for a living in the first 30 seconds of knowing me

PoeticSilence 08-17-2013 01:15 AM

When having a conversation with someone and telling them you had an accident and they talk about their even WORSE accident, or if you talk about your kid winning something, they talk about their kid winning something BIGGER or BETTER.

Gemme 08-17-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 834575)
Bathrooms with only the blow dry your hands machine and doors that must be touched to open.

I have seen people (specifically co-workers) who don't use soap (water alone contributes to bacteria growth) when "washing" their hands. What good is it for me to wash my hands and then grab the handle, or twist open the knob, after someone who didn't wash properly? At least give me some paper towel to open the door with, or put an automatic door button I can press with my elbow.

I'm not a germaphobe but non-consensual germs must die.

The guy that spent half an hour sweating all over the treadmill next to me that did not wipe it down when he got off of it. Just made his way out the door like his sweat and germs were an offering or something. Bleh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoeticSilence (Post 834701)
When having a conversation with someone and telling them you had an accident and they talk about their even WORSE accident, or if you talk about your kid winning something, they talk about their kid winning something BIGGER or BETTER.

One uppers! As a reformed one upper, I apologize. To be fair, it was more of a 'finding something to relate to' aka "OMG, me too!!!!" thing for me but I have since changed my ways for the better.

:innocent:

ruffryder 08-18-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 780169)
People leaving their trash in the grocery carts...

yea groossss, especially food items. yesterday I saw a damn grocery cart on the front drive of a 4 star hotel. I'm like really!!!? take that the hell back where you got it from.

another is people throwing shit out of their car as their cruising or stopped at a red light. find a damn trash can lazy *#ks!

Bèsame* 08-18-2013 10:47 AM

A huge peeve for me, I hate when the steering wheel attacks my knees, said the tall girl!
Quote:

Originally Posted by PoeticSilence (Post 833497)
Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves:

When someone else borrows or uses the truck/car and doesn't put the seat and steering wheel and radio back the way they found it.

PoeticSilence 08-22-2013 01:46 AM

Looking down the street AFTER trash pick-up day and seeing all of the bins bent and tossed in yards or laying in the road with garbage blowing around. I mean really...if it's in bags, SEALED, it shouldn't be blowing around, and the trashmen need to take it easy on the bins and just lay them up by the sidewalk so that they don't impede traffic and shit.

Licious 08-22-2013 02:00 AM

I try not to let it bother me TOO much. Pet peeve is awful punctuation.

I am used to seeing terrible grammar, and I forgive it, heck I make mistakes sometimes... but there seems to be a rampage of insane punctuation these days.

I want to shout: Folks, you don't use an apostrophe because you make something plural!

Okay, I said it, and I feel better now.
:bow:

Sweet Bliss 08-22-2013 11:23 AM

People who bring tired hungry hot children to store and either let them scream the whole time or torture them into screaming more and louder. Especially the jerks that smack or humiliate or intimidate little ones.

I have interceded more than once. Will continue to do so.

girl_dee 09-02-2013 05:48 AM

When someone offers *suggestions*, *alternatives* and such and when you decline them gets downright ticked off.

willow 09-02-2013 03:26 PM

Negative people who can't see the good in anyone or anything. Their negativity is like an endless bzzzzzzzing in the ear. Shutupshutupshutup!

torchiegirl 09-02-2013 05:17 PM

the sound of nails being clipped

*shudder

girl_dee 10-11-2013 05:40 AM

people who *share* their car music

cinnamongrrl 10-11-2013 05:57 AM

People who blow their nose at the table. It's not acceptable...no matter what age you are....

Scots_On_The_Rocks 10-11-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 535772)
Crumbs in the butter, jam or anything else makes me nuts, what about you?

Chewing with your mouth open or talking while your mouth is full. That is a huge one for me.

Bèsame* 10-23-2013 11:57 AM

How judgements and opinions can be construed without knowing the whole story.

Or

Not telling the whole story in a timely matter.

Teddybear 10-23-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm (Post 856706)
How judgements and opinions can be construed without knowing the whole story.

Or

Not telling the whole story in a timely matter.

AMEN!!!! Jumping to conclusions is the only excerise some ppl get is what I have always been told.

Bèsame* 10-23-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddybear (Post 856709)
AMEN!!!! Jumping to conclusions is the only excerise some ppl get is what I have always been told.

lol...I'm learning to skip over that exercise ... on to healthier things :)

Shay McGee 10-23-2013 02:34 PM

All the lecturing that goes on about manners from people who clearly have no understanding of the basics.

TIMBERWOLF 10-23-2013 04:14 PM

I don't like to be late to anything so I'm always early. If you have long hair keep it off the sink,bed or in the laundry(I don't want it on me or my clothes)and don't sit there playing with your hair and pulling loose ones out to drop on the floor. I have short hair and NO you can not borrow my brush, I don't care how much I love you . Otherwise I'm pretty easy to live with. No I don't leave my whiskers in the sink after shaving LOL