Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4681)

ButchEire 02-26-2012 08:43 PM

I don't have many pet peeves but one of my big ones is using words that aren't actually words. Case in point: SUPPOSABLY. Also, people who email, write or text using u, ur, and similar shortcuts. FFS, the actual words are only three or four letters.

1QuirkyKiwi 02-27-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 536383)
The majority of these are my pet peeves, :| yet, I’ve had two long term relationships…..not really been single much in my adult life…..So, I can’t be that hard to live with (despite so many pet peeves) and I doubt it’s because I’m fairly laid back as a person; pet peeves really twist my melon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 536391)
mine too, so how do we know if it's US or THEM with the problem? :seeingstars:?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 536403)
Good question! I've been trying to work that one out, lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby (Post 536502)

I guess my number one pet peeve would be someone trying to turn me into them.....

I put things away, I pick up things, I cook, etc......If I'm not doing it the way someone likes......they are more than welcome to do it - and forever :)

The roomie and I have already crossed this bridge - I'm not her, she's not me and I'm a functioning adult and able to continue to do so without directions lol

She's rather ocd about the cupboards and I respect that and put things back the way she arranges - but if I forget cuz I'm tired after work and she's had all day to rearrange something I misplaced cuz she doesn't, then I guess I would peeve about her leaving it as is to show and *correct* me.

I don't need correction because I don't do something someone else's way. My daughter had her own butter to avoid the Kidlette and I getting crumbs in it. It was about compromise and that works for me rather than my letting things like that upset my life.

Speaking from my *me* space.......

You may well have it the 'Nail on the Head!' I've been sitting here thinking about this whilst having lunch.....I accept people as they are; it doesn't stop me griping about pet peeves, but, I understand they are part of what makes each of us who we are!

smouldering 02-27-2012 07:08 AM

The constant whining puggle is starting to become a pet peeve this morning lol... :|

I am actually pretty easy going, I don't feel i have TOO many pet peeves, Sure there are things that may get on my nerves lol but I am sure I do things that would probably be a pet peeve of others, but if you tell me i'll try my best to be good :D...

ketchup bottle farts make me giggle.. :D

SugarFemme 02-27-2012 07:16 AM

<Smacks myself on the head> No wonder the Pats did not win the Super Bowl!!! I didn't bark MY game plan loud enough LMAO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 536464)
EVEN doing a football game?? how will they know what to do??? :|

girl_dee 02-27-2012 07:31 AM

people who don't correct their kids

people who think bratty children are *cute*

people who think their baby is the only one walk and breathe at the same time

chai~ 02-27-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Nice guy (Post 536434)
Constant burping.

Constant burping without saying excuse me each time.
If a person has heart burn and they find burping releaving, please, go to another room. Do your thing, then join me to hang out!
I don't want to hear it!
*cringe*

girl_dee 02-27-2012 02:38 PM

people who drive slow in the passing lane!

dark_crystal 02-28-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_crystal (Post 536193)
People in the library who do not react to their baby starting to cry by getting up and immediately moving in the direction of the bathroom or the exit

IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT. NOW.

LaneyDoll 02-28-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chai~ (Post 536266)
It bugs me when people wear shoes in the house.
If you come over for a visit, please take them off!
I don't know where you've walked!
I don't know if you've walked through someone's hork on the sidewalk!

My home is my nice clean sanctuary!
Leave your dirty dusty shoes at the door!
I don't wear shoes in your home.
Please don't wear them in mine!

Ooo, I am kind of the opposite of this. Please keep your shoes on around me. I once dated someone whose feet were VILE!!! Asking her to go wash them didn't help either-she wouldn't. She laughed & joked about it and I was about to be sick because it was so bad.

But I am also very sensitive to smell so I may overly picky about this.

:sparklyheart:

girl_dee 02-28-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_crystal (Post 537688)
IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT. NOW.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girl_dee 02-28-2012 12:30 PM

being called honey or hon by people i don't know well enough to call me honey or hon

1QuirkyKiwi 02-28-2012 12:38 PM

People who leave used tissues lying around......It's disgustingly unhygienic! Flush them down the toilet, please!

girl_dee 02-28-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 537712)
People who leave used tissues lying around......It's disgustingly unhygienic! Flush them down the toilet, please!

Yup, i like em flushed too!

foxyshaman 02-28-2012 01:37 PM

I like my towels hung nicely and evenly in my bathroom. I 'fix' them if I have guests over. <insert eyeroll of a foxy dork>

I hand wash my dishes, I live alone, so its no biggie. BUT... how hard is it to get all the food of the dishes?? Two of my ex's were so <shudder> inattentive I would often toss the dishes back into the sink, getting me the dreaded - evil eye. Pfft Plz.... So, I checked my cutlery and dishes before I put food on them. That just grosses me out. Like....alot.

Gemme 02-28-2012 02:35 PM

I'm guilty of the hon, honey, dear, etc thing. Sometimes. I don't say it to just anyone and it stems directly from my upbringing. I'm from the South and everyone was a darlin' or sweetie or whatnot. Just like I'll still call elderly woman Miss and whatever their first name is. That's just the way I was brought up, although I do try to put a cork in it when around folks that might not feel comfy with it.

It irks me tremendously when someone who is NOT from the South (at least, to my knowledge) does it. It irks me more when it's condescending, no matter who says it.

Frankly, I'm so damn picky and finnicky, I don't know how I've gotten as many people to live with me as I have.

:blink:

Everything has a place and there's a place for everything. Lids gets screwed on tight, not just 'put on' something. Ovens get wiped every day, as do counter tops. If a freshly washed and dried dish (by someone else of course, as it would not happen with me) still has spots or bits of food on it, it gets washed again. Immediately.

I think having proper manners covers a lot of stuff that's already been posted, whether it's a burp issue or mess leaving issue or someone just not being courteous to others in the household.

As for the specific circumstance of having crumbs in the butter, I get squinchy-faced when I see it, but I don't always scoop it out because I know they are just going to return. It's a never ending battle and some days I'm just plumb out of ammo.

Breathless 02-28-2012 02:42 PM

I have a few pet peeves.. lol

people who spit when they talk, i will step away in an attempt to avoid the flying particles

tooth paste in the sink.. i am so glad that you brush your teeth.. i dont need the evidence left for me to clean

poor etiquette, lack of manners. Is it really that difficult to say please, thank you, your welcome, excuse me?

spit.. i gag when i see people spitting on the ground, out the window.. yuck!!!
And if we are intimate.. and you gob on your hand rather than grab lube.. i am freakin out of there!!!

stargazingboi 02-28-2012 03:55 PM

Most things don't get to me..they use to, but then I realized life was short and little things weren't worth bitching about. That being said I do have a couple things that get to me from time to time

~ when I get distracted and my cereal that is suppose to be crunchy gets soggy

~ In the past I have had people decide to re-organize my stuff or move it...when I put something somewhere that's where I'm going to go to find it again. If it's not there I end up feeling like I'm loosing my mind...or my memory and that's never a good feeling. I should be able to find my stuff and not have to ask every minute where something is located. There is something to be said about living somewhere and knowing where to find things.

1QuirkyKiwi 02-28-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless (Post 537761)

poor etiquette, lack of manners. Is it really that difficult to say please, thank you, your welcome, excuse me?

spit.. i gag when i see people spitting on the ground, out the window.. yuck!!!
And if we are intimate.. and you gob on your hand rather than grab lube.. i am freakin out of there!!!

Also, people who close one nostril then blow hard to "clear" the other nostril.....that's pure disgusting!

People who Nose-mine then wipe their fingers on the inside of their pockets or eat it.....just don't ever come near me!

clay 02-28-2012 04:12 PM

[B]Someone blowing their nose at a table in a restaurant...OR sit and hark and clear their throats..repeatedly...just damn gross and disrespectful.....GO TO THE RESTROOM.... PLEASE! TY!
Buffets, while I dearly LOVE them..anymore I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer to use AFTER I have served myself and before I eat my food....people will lick their damn hand then touch the tongs......OR people will rub their snotty nose and touch them....or pick their teeth with their fingers then touch the tongs...OR flip and flit with the hair..PLEASE...NOT over the buffet...geesh...what PIGS!
SNEEZERS who DO NOT COVER their damn mouth,,puuuhhlease.....do they have ANY idea how those little goblet cells they sneeze out in the microbursts disperse and linger in the air....long after they have gone..and not to mention it sprays food, etc. Go wash your freaking hands, folks...geeshh... enough to make me NOT want to eat at a buffet...:sushi:

Morgan 02-28-2012 04:21 PM

I hate when you are driving towards a freeway on ramp in an unfamilar area and do not know which side the ramp will be on, until you get up to it. I always seem to be on the wrong side of the road. Then I have to drive up somewhere, turn around and back track, why can't they just put signs up before you get to the ramp to tell you left or right turn....

foxyshaman 02-28-2012 04:22 PM

All this talk of horking and nose blowing and spitting and.... I think I will leave this thread now. Apparently, I am made of the weakest fibres....LIKE EVER.

Oh and on the spitting... if you have to spit... seriously why on the sidewalk? And if you knew me, you would know I openly ask that question. I don't often get a response, but I do get ALOT of sheepish looks. I guess I can wear "the mother" face pretty convincingly.... <shudders>

I do have to say I use hun, honey, sunshine, love... etc when I talk. I am verbally affectionate. I do apologize if I do it to someone who is serving me, or something like that, but.... it is my way. I call women Miss (name) or Missy (name) all the time. I have NO IDEA where I picked that up from. An interesting note, I was at a workshop (shocking but true) and a lady from Switzerland was there as well and she commented that I was the only person there who spoke that way. She loved it. I was surprised I was the only one.... derail over... I promise... for now anyway... maybe not later... okay seriously stopping now....

Mr Nice Guy 02-28-2012 05:08 PM

If you break something tell me so I can either fix it or replace it. Don't wait for me to find out on my own. Sheesh!!

always2late 02-28-2012 05:12 PM

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine....when I am on line at the grocery, or wherever, and the person in front of me is either on their cell or texting and totally ignoring the cashier who is speaking to them...there is NO excuse for a lack of common courtesy towards others!

femmennoir 02-28-2012 06:09 PM

Going organic!

At any medical office: I am a professional woman, please don't talk to me as to a child (And how are WE feeling this morning, ...insert first name....?). Not only I am not a child, but I am the person who will pay that hefty fee; that alone deserves respect, in this money culture! It is Ms ...insert last name... to YOU! Please don't call me by my first name (or worse yet, make a diminutive out of it), do not call me honey, hon, or any endearing (to you) term. This is a professional office, I will call you Ms....insert last name.... as well, and will refer to the physician as Ms ....insert last name.... also.
I have said the above pretty much verbatim to many a nurse!

Elle*

Toughy 02-28-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButchEire (Post 536550)
I don't have many pet peeves but one of my big ones is using words that aren't actually words. Case in point: SUPPOSABLY. Also, people who email, write or text using u, ur, and similar shortcuts. FFS, the actual words are only three or four letters.

you do get the irony that you used one of those shortcuts.....don't you?

princessbelle 02-28-2012 06:43 PM

Nothing makes me more angry than seeing our elderly population treated like children.

They are adults. Don't fix there hair on top of their heads like they are small children. Don't talk about them like they are not there or don't have a brain or ears to hear you. Don't get frustrated to the point of getting angry when they move too slow or don't understand what you mean the first time you say it. Walk away, gather yourself and resume in a calm, slow, distinct voice.

Don't scream at them if they are hard of hearing. Speak on their level, bend down, let them see your lips and talk slowly and at a low tone.

Our elderly are a blessing to have. We need to cherish them, listen to them and help them to the best of our abilities. And above else, treat them with respect.

Rocket 02-28-2012 06:57 PM

weak coffee
people who don't say "please" or "thank you"
people who chomp on their gum
people who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom
people who take showers under 10 minutes
mispellings

deb_U_taunt 02-28-2012 07:09 PM

I was thinking along the same lines. I would drive most of you bats. Maybe, I am better off living alone. lol I have a lot of bad habits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby (Post 536502)
I read the thread and tried to think of some pet peeves...

I realized that I couldn't live with 98% of y'all cuz life is too short to worry bout butter in my jelly lol I spoon it out and get to the unbuttered stuff.

I guess my number one pet peeve would be someone trying to turn me into them.....

I put things away, I pick up things, I cook, etc......If I'm not doing it the way someone likes......they are more than welcome to do it - and forever :)

The roomie and I have already crossed this bridge - I'm not her, she's not me and I'm a functioning adult and able to continue to do so without directions lol

She's rather ocd about the cupboards and I respect that and put things back the way she arranges - but if I forget cuz I'm tired after work and she's had all day to rearrange something I misplaced cuz she doesn't, then I guess I would peeve about her leaving it as is to show and *correct* me.

I don't need correction because I don't do something someone else's way. My daughter had her own butter to avoid the Kidlette and I getting crumbs in it. It was about compromise and that works for me rather than my letting things like that upset my life.

Speaking from my *me* space.......

Gemme 02-28-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claybaby (Post 537803)
[B]Someone blowing their nose at a table in a restaurant...OR sit and hark and clear their throats..repeatedly...just damn gross and disrespectful.....GO TO THE RESTROOM.... PLEASE! TY!
Buffets, while I dearly LOVE them..anymore I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer to use AFTER I have served myself and before I eat my food....people will lick their damn hand then touch the tongs......OR people will rub their snotty nose and touch them....or pick their teeth with their fingers then touch the tongs...OR flip and flit with the hair..PLEASE...NOT over the buffet...geesh...what PIGS!
SNEEZERS who DO NOT COVER their damn mouth,,puuuhhlease.....do they have ANY idea how those little goblet cells they sneeze out in the microbursts disperse and linger in the air....long after they have gone..and not to mention it sprays food, etc. Go wash your freaking hands, folks...geeshh... enough to make me NOT want to eat at a buffet...:sushi:

I agree.

That stuff can hang in the air up to 3 HOURS.

The same goes for those who sneeze into their hands instead of their elbows or towards the ground and then they TOUCH something.

I'm not a germaphobe by any means, but I do have common sense. Those that do not go beyond irritating me.

girl_dee 02-28-2012 08:13 PM

Buffets in general are a germ factory!

JAGG 02-28-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss_J (Post 535990)
Finishing the last cold drink in the fridge then offering me the money to replace it. uh NO, if I wanted to go back to the store, put a drink in the fridge so I can I have it when it was cold I would.. oh wait.. I DID!
YOU replace it the way it was then stay the hell off.. * sigh * I don't like warm water

UUHHH I have a wonderful receipe for ice. If you'd like it just let me know. ROFL I also have one for melted ice . lol

JAGG 02-28-2012 08:28 PM

Every one does everything perfect at my house. I have no pet peeves or complaints at all. Nothing but harmony , peace and happiness here.
I live alone but still.... hahaha No complaints here. But I feel your pain. Everyone's pain who posted here. I feel your frustration. I do. I really do. hahahah Ok maybe I don't , but I sort of understand what you're going through. Ok I'm lying I don't at all, but it's funny as heck , so keep them flowing. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

girl_dee 02-29-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAGG (Post 537997)
Every one does everything perfect at my house. I have no pet peeves or complaints at all. Nothing but harmony , peace and happiness here.
I live alone but still.... hahaha No complaints here. But I feel your pain. Everyone's pain who posted here. I feel your frustration. I do. I really do. hahahah Ok maybe I don't , but I sort of understand what you're going through. Ok I'm lying I don't at all, but it's funny as heck , so keep them flowing. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

yes i never had any complaints about myself when i lived alone, well sometimes i drank out of the milk carton and ate out of the pots, but other than that i was just SOOOOO fantabulous to have as a room mate!

funkyfemme 02-29-2012 09:05 AM

Here's a biggun for me....

Attempting to reply to a text but before I can, I get four or five texts bam bam bam from this person while trying to hit back the very first one! That right there will send me over the edge. Almost makes me throw the phone (yes I could use anger mgmt) across the room, out the car window, just gggrrrrrr!!!! I ain't no fan of crack textin!! :annoyed:

Jett 02-29-2012 09:35 AM

Omg some of you would hate me lol. I have bad allergies and some days if I got up from the table to use the restaurant bathroom every time I needed to wipe or blow (with a tissue) the other half would be convinced I had the craps. Sheesh, you can't win... lol.

FYI and so I don't get mobbed I always sneeze/cough into the crook of my elbows, am very careful not to "spread the love" when I have a cold or flu...over all well mannered and considerate of others... so don't hate on the allergies... ha.

Rockinonahigh 02-29-2012 10:07 AM

Allergies

Boy folks shure best avoid ms cause of allergies,I take meds for them but often still have some kind of runny nose or sneezing.I do my best to go somewhere else when I feel it comeing on but there are times the sneezing will just happen.There are fue times of the year I dont have this problem but lord only knows I do my best to avoid haveing allergie probs..I dont like it any more than any one else.

LaneyDoll 02-29-2012 11:03 AM

A few of mine...

~ "Empties" in the shower. Empty shampoo bottles, body wash etc.
~ Dishes left on the coffee table/end tables.
~ Toothpaste not rinsed out of the sink.
~ The toilet seat left up.

Can you tell I have three boys???

:)

:sparklyheart:

girl_dee 02-29-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkyfemme (Post 538245)
Here's a biggun for me....

Attempting to reply to a text but before I can, I get four or five texts bam bam bam from this person while trying to hit back the very first one! That right there will send me over the edge. Almost makes me throw the phone (yes I could use anger mgmt) across the room, out the car window, just gggrrrrrr!!!! I ain't no fan of crack textin!! :annoyed:

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clay 02-29-2012 04:25 PM

CIJS:
Jett, Rockin', and others with allergies...that is NOT what I am referring to..I am referring to the loud, disgusting foghorn blowing of one's nose...and the ensuing harking.........the repetitious foghorn/harking is what disgusts me....my deceased wife had horrible allergies..and always apologized for blowing her nose..that does not bother me in the least...nor would it with you two having to wipe your noses, were I to be dining with you...smiling at the two of youse....

girl_dee 02-29-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claybaby (Post 538424)
CIJS:
Jett, Rockin', and others with allergies...that is NOT what I am referring to..I am referring to the loud, disgusting foghorn blowing of one's nose...and the ensuing harking.........the repetitious foghorn/harking is what disgusts me....my deceased wife had horrible allergies..and always apologized for blowing her nose..that does not bother me in the least...nor would it with you two having to wipe your noses, were I to be dining with you...smiling at the two of youse....

Yeah or all of the above happening at the kitchen table, blah!