Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

Kätzchen 06-19-2015 11:23 PM

Supper, tonight, was a bowl of homemade chicken soup with toast (buttered Seattle sour dough).

clay 06-20-2015 07:35 AM

baby back ribs....half rack.....crispy french fries, bbq beans, coleslaw. AND a new dessert item on their menu.....funnel cake fries with powdered sugar and Hershey's chocolate to dip in.....foodgasms!!!!

Blaze 06-20-2015 09:53 AM

Hmmm, I like Clays menu! I feel like grilling. perhaps if my girls not to tired. I'll pack it all up, get a bottle of wine. And take her to the beach for a picnic. I shall see. What ever the case, it's my turn to let her relax and unwind. I got this baby.

willow 06-20-2015 11:56 AM

Nachos and salad.

Jesse 06-20-2015 11:57 AM

I'm thinking... pasta with cannellini beans, spinach, roasted tomato, garlic, onion, some lemon zest, a little olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

Rockinonahigh 06-20-2015 12:14 PM

Most likely a salad of some sort, sonny boy wont be home so I don't have to cook.

starryeyes 06-20-2015 02:08 PM

Going out with the family for Mexican food after my niece's dance recital :) can't wait to see her dance.

Gemme 06-20-2015 05:35 PM

I have Red Robin fries and a black bean chipotle burger in the oven baking right now.

Soon 06-20-2015 06:11 PM

I should make the shrimp and scallops I bought the other day, but I really just want to run to the store for cheese popcorn. :/

grenade 06-20-2015 07:04 PM

I made fresh brussel sprouts, red pepper, garlic, squash, zucchini, and baby portobello mushrooms with white rice.

Orema 06-21-2015 04:01 AM

Last night I had roasted pork shoulder in spicy ginger sauce over quinoa and wild rice with a small green salad. Will have leftovers tonight.

Gemme 06-21-2015 07:48 AM

I forgot to pick up the store's chili when I was there so I'm not sure. I may have to go out again after work. This weather demands hot meat.

grenade 06-21-2015 06:56 PM

Hummus, pita, naan, tomato basil cheese, sweet basil and veggie cheese and grapes.

I'm stuffed.

JDeere 06-21-2015 07:30 PM

Grilled salmon, garlic mashed potatos, grilled asparagus and calamari was my appetizer. Peach bellini and a tea for drinks.

Soon 06-21-2015 07:45 PM

Finally pan fried up some scallops and shrimp in a curry sauce (not homemade curry, from a jar but was quite good!)

Side caesar salad

Turned out great!

Gemme 06-21-2015 08:17 PM

I had a giant salad with baby arugula, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cracked pepper, feta and light OG dressing. White grape fizzy water. Gummy bears for dessert.

JDeere 06-22-2015 07:27 PM

Home made cheese pizzas!

Humanesque 06-22-2015 07:43 PM

Tonight. Turkey and dumplings from scratch. Light salad with a greek feel fresh shredded
parm cheese fresh bread I made today with a light brushing
of olive oil and seasoning.

GeorgiaMa'am 06-22-2015 07:57 PM

- ham sandwich on oatmeal bread
- cream of tomato soup
- a double handful of fresh cherries for dessert

Gemme 06-23-2015 05:56 AM

Last night I had mashed potatoes with some juice gravy and some steamed peas followed by a little bit of Greek pasta salad and WW ice cream bars.

clay 06-23-2015 07:54 AM

last night was: parmesan & herb crusted talipia with a super foods slaw!

cinnamongrrl 06-23-2015 03:49 PM

I'm making lentil soup/stew for dinner.

I had some celery to use up so I sauteed it in olive oil with fresh garlic and fresh thyme. Meanwhile, I simmered my lentils with onion soup mix. I'm gonna add the veggies to the mix and also a handful of spinach right before it's finished. And a can of carrots just because I have tons of it to use up and it adds color.

I added cumin and ground coriander as well as a literal pinch of sea salt. Sprinkle of parm/cheddar cheese to make it pretty :)

Martina 06-23-2015 04:28 PM

homemade beef vegetable soup
Saltines
Mineral water to drink

This was the first time I have cooked for real in a while. My mom lost her appetite from chemo so she has had a lot of boost smoothies and puddings -- whatever she would eat. In fact, even the smell of food cooking bothered her, so I haven't cooked even for myself much. I have eaten takeout and rotisserie chicken from the store and such like. But today she felt like eating. Wahooo.

The soup was OK, but she liked it. I used what I had because I hadn't been buying much. So it was chock full of parsnips and carrots and potatoes and one sweet potato. The meat was from the freezer. I wish I had had some frozen home made broth to give it depth. But home cooked food with fresh vegetables was appreciated.

clay 06-23-2015 05:00 PM

The Colonel cooked for us tonight! And as always, it is/was FLG! Chuckling softly.....:mohawk:

CherryWine 06-23-2015 05:09 PM

I made bunless hamburgers topped with balsamic sauteed mushrooms and melted swiss. On the side - quinoa salad made with black beans, halved cherry tomatoes, and green onions in a lime/olive oil/cumin dressing.

Jesse 06-23-2015 05:22 PM

Spaghetti w/meat sauce, and a green salad. Iced tea.

RockOn 06-23-2015 05:44 PM

a lot ... don't know what it will be yet but a whole lot! :)

JDeere 06-23-2015 05:53 PM

Chicken/beef fajitas with the fixings and sweet tea to drink.

randrum 06-23-2015 06:01 PM

BBQ pork tenderloin and steak fries

Match 06-23-2015 06:53 PM

Steak n provolone with onions
water w/lemon

watermellon for desert while listening to thunder

Gemme 06-23-2015 07:01 PM

I had a salad with cherry tomatoes, cuke, mushrooms, baby arugula, Parmigiano Reggiano, cracked pepper and OG dressing plus a little bit of broccoli crunch salad and Greek pasta salad and fresh mango, cantaloupe and kiwi. Yum!

Then.....

The WW English Toffee Crunch ice cream bar massacre happened.

:blink:

GeorgiaMa'am 06-24-2015 05:54 PM

- green beans with pork
- steamed rice
- egg roll

JDeere 06-24-2015 07:11 PM

Chicken club sandwich with colby jack cheese, waffle fries and sweet tea

cinnamongrrl 06-24-2015 08:40 PM

my tummy just reminded me that I skipped dinner with all the hoopla of the day...

I had sweet tea and prolly a third of an ice cream cone from McD's. (I shared the part of it with two dogs that were waiting in the car next to me...with water and adequately opened windows...

The rest I brought home for Jacques..

I suppose I could have a lil something before bed....

Gemme 06-24-2015 09:20 PM

I blame my dinner on Jesse. I got his spaghetti stuck in my head and had to make some but I ran reeeeeally late today so it was not from scratch.

I took chunky veggie sauce and added some spices, additional mushrooms and a heaping spoonful of fresh garlic to it. My pasta was Garden Delight tricolor rotini (it has a half serving of veggies per 2oz portion). I sautéed some lean turkey and that's all she wrote.

Fresh pineapple for dessert. And Coke. I was thisclose to being good.

Next time.

Jesse 06-25-2015 06:12 PM

I had a gyro for dinner. I couldn't resist. :)

I am wondering why Gemme was putting my spaghetti in her head. :blink: Spaghetti is for eating, not for head stuffing.

Gemme 06-25-2015 06:46 PM

lol

The IDEA for spaghetti got stuck in my head until I made it and had some.

Tonight I had a personal pepperoni pizza with junk for dessert. Red velvet bar cake and a couple pieces of miniature yellow cake.

Not sure what is fueling the desire for junk but I hope it passes. I've been doing better lately.

cinnamongrrl 06-25-2015 06:46 PM

I threw together a gorgeous stir fry. Literally.

I had taken out chicken and didn't know how I wanted to cook it. Then I remembered the sugar snap peas I got at the farm stand.

I cut up some celery and red pepper I also got there, de-stringed the snap peas and sauteed said veggies in olive oil and a tiny bit of sesame oil. Added minced garlic and some "Asian" spice (garlic and ginger) along with some crushed red pepper flakes.

Cubed the chicken breast and added it to the wok...let the flavors mingle and marry...added some fresh basil to get jiggy with it...(should've added some Thai basil but I dropped the ball there)

It all cooked yummily and we all lived happily ever after.

The end :)

PS: A good wok is the best thing you could ever gift yourself...

GeorgiaMa'am 06-25-2015 07:02 PM

- spaghetti with meat sauce (the Idea must be going around)
- butter beans
- yellow squash casserole

Gemme 06-25-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 996878)
- spaghetti with meat sauce (the Idea must be going around)
- butter beans
- yellow squash casserole

It's catching!!!