Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Poshmark, Mercari, Ebay, ThredUp Users? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8706)

Medusa 10-20-2018 10:04 AM

Poshmark, Mercari, Ebay, ThredUp Users?

Hey Folks-

I have been offloading a fair amount of clothing, shoes, and purses on Poshmark and eBay lately and was wondering if there were any other users who would want to share closets?!

LOVE the Poshmark app so much. I've had great luck with all of my buyers so far and even picked up a brand new raincoat for myself that normally retailed for well over $200 for $30.

Post your tips, tricks, and hints here!

xoxo

girl_dee 10-20-2018 11:33 AM

I love love love Poshmark!

ProfPacker 10-20-2018 01:25 PM

I have bought on Poshmark before but not sold. I just put up my first listing for a Nocona black belt with turquoise and silver. It was my sister's. I have a lot of stuff to sell from my sister. When I put this up on Poshmark I noticed that they want the original price. For many of the items I don't have the original price. I guess I have to research it, right? Many are not vintage, but were not bought "yesterday". Any advice? Thanks

nycfem 10-20-2018 03:42 PM

I’ve bought from the Wish ap before

Ender 10-20-2018 03:57 PM

I would try some of these places, but most of them don't seem to work with people who live anywhere besides the US...

Medusa 10-20-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfPacker (Post 1228572)
I have bought on Poshmark before but not sold. I just put up my first listing for a Nocona black belt with turquoise and silver. It was my sister's. I have a lot of stuff to sell from my sister. When I put this up on Poshmark I noticed that they want the original price. For many of the items I don't have the original price. I guess I have to research it, right? Many are not vintage, but were not bought "yesterday". Any advice? Thanks

It's tricky with vintage items or things you don't know much about. I generally will check the Poshmark app itself for similar items and see what people are listing as their original price and kinda estimate from there. :)

girl_dee 10-20-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1228583)
I’ve bought from the Wish ap before

someone I used to see lived on Wish. How was it?

nycfem 10-20-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1228625)
someone I used to see lived on Wish. How was it?

Some people like it but I was kind of meh about it, wouldn't use it again.

FireSignFemme 10-20-2018 11:17 PM

I've never heard of the other sites but I do buy on Ebay, sometimes a bit on TIAS and also Etsy. I've only twice bought off Goodwill Online and I've never listed anything online myself. A couple of times I've sold things, both locally and online, by consignment though.

Logicaly 10-23-2018 03:57 PM

I love to browse Ebay, especially for good retro game deals. I haven't sold much on there, a collectors piece or two. I am getting ready to put up a really old Apple Computer, but need to finish my research on it first.

PrettyPleaser 10-23-2018 05:15 PM

I have been using swap.com and no issues so far. I use to use thredup but not as often anymore.

Medusa 10-23-2018 05:41 PM

Thank you all for chiming in!

I have cut several items loose in the last week and have made about $150 so far. I am putting that money in my special savings account for the wedding or the new house or a cruise or whatever tickles our fancy :)

FireSignFemme 10-25-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyPleaser (Post 1228880)
I have been using swap.com and no issues so far. I use to use thredup but not as often anymore.

Wow this site is great. I'm shopping for casual wear, just T-shirts/other knock about the house stuff. Dieting I don't see spending a lot on everyday wear, dress up sure, but not just comfy clothes to slouch around the apartment in. Anyhow I used to really like a certain brand of basic cotton plus size t-shirts which the manufacturer no longer makes. It was a day of mourning and forever ago when I could no longer find them anymore. People said move on but they were so comfy and the many different versions that have come out since – just crap. Today though, at the site you linked to, I found all kinds of them in my size, in gently used condition, at a fair price. I even found a few brand new ones, tags still on in my size and even more in smaller sizes. So I'm filling up my shopping cart and just waiting for payday to hit send. I don't know about fashionista stuff, I haven't explored the site much yet, but so far just for cotton basics - really, really liking it :) Appreciate the link!

Logicaly 10-29-2018 04:32 PM

Was reading back through this thread again, after looking at swap, and checking out poshmark. I am very excited, cause I am about to go sell bright_arrows clothes!

Medusa 10-29-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 1229802)
Was reading back through this thread again, after looking at swap, and checking out poshmark. I am very excited, cause I am about to go sell bright_arrows clothes!

If you get on Poshmark, use my invite so you'll get a free $5! :P

FireSignFemme 12-22-2018 01:42 PM

I found four brand new bras in my hard to fit size on Poshmark for less than I would have paid retail for one, even when on sale, even with free shipping. This site is great! I didn't know how to do the name thing to get the $5 credit, but even without it, it was still a really good deal.

FireSignFemme 01-07-2019 11:14 AM

My first Poshmark order arrived! Everything's perfect. When seller said new, she wasn't kidding. I've seen items at retail in department stores and boutiques that looked nowhere near as nice as these do. I can't believe the savings, basically four for the price of one. So happy. I'm going to place an order on swap.com today, and I'll let you know how that goes too.