Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Was The Last Movie You Saw? Welcome Cinephiles. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3165)

Elijah 05-01-2011 01:34 PM

What Was The Last Movie You Saw? Welcome Cinephiles.

We can start with that. But, also, please feel free to discuss anything movie related. Recommendations, criticisms, feedback, etc.

Elijah 05-01-2011 02:05 PM

Alright, I'll go first. I watched Milk this afternoon and wondered why I waited this long to watch it. Great movie, very moving. We owe him a huge debt of gratitude for what he did for SF/The Castro and queers everywhere.

Ms. Tabitha 05-01-2011 02:57 PM

T and I saw "Water for Elephants" at the Cannery.
His mother read the book before she saw the movie. She told me she thought they had left out so much and I should read the book.
T has downloaded the book onto the kindle for our reading enjoyment.

:glasses:

scootebaby 05-01-2011 03:03 PM

my son and i went to see Fast Five on Friday...Last Friday we went to see Madeas Big Happy Family--the most hilarious thus far--i highly recommend it.. Jo and i watched the Lane Frost movie today "8 Seconds"

waiting for Bridesmaids,the new Pirates of Caribbean,and Harry Potter movies to come out

diamondrose 05-01-2011 03:12 PM

the last movie I watched was " The Girl "

Duchess 05-01-2011 03:13 PM

Serious butt kickin'!!!

The Mechanic http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...achine-Gun.gif

JAGG 05-01-2011 03:22 PM

movie

Africian cats

JAGG 05-01-2011 06:19 PM

oh

Oh sorry I guess I forgot comment on the movie I last saw, Africian Cats. Well it wasn't bad, but I could have stayed home and watched the discovery channel for free, same thing.

Elijah 05-01-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. Tabitha (Post 331126)
T and I saw "Water for Elephants" at the Cannery.
His mother read the book before she saw the movie. She told me she thought they had left out so much and I should read the book.
T has downloaded the book onto the kindle for our reading enjoyment.

:glasses:

I haven't heard of it. Was it good? What is it about?

Ms. Tabitha 05-01-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElijahRene (Post 331271)

I haven't heard of it. Was it good? What is it about?

A veterinary student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling Depression-era circus as their vet. There are so many characters that make the movie interesting, except for Rosie. You fall in love with Rosie. She is the one elephant in the circus, a wise old beast that only understands Polish. She is smart enough to pull up the stake that holds her in place, stick her trunk into the big container of lemonade when no one is looking, then return with her stake and pound it back into the ground. The owner of the circus beats her and his wife throughout the movie yet,she does, in the end, gain her revenge. It's a love story. Good guy, gets pretty girl. Good guy grows old to tell his story. I loved it and after I read the book I will watch the movie, again.

:bunchflowers:

Martina 05-01-2011 10:05 PM

On Netflix, a movie called Dangerous Beauty. It's not recent -- 1998. i liked it a lot. It's about a 16th century Venetian courtesan.

Mitmo01 05-01-2011 10:27 PM

Suckerpunch--it was an awesome movie if you like action and a mindfuck...visually and mentally stunning....

Mitmo01 05-01-2011 10:35 PM

IM actually really glad we saw Suckerpunch on the big screen i really thought it rocked

Elijah 05-11-2011 06:40 PM

I saw Love and Other Drugs last night...I was concerned I wasn't going to like it at all in the beginning, then they pulled out an average romantic comedy. They really missed in a few places where they could have deepened the story. Of course, not everybody likes deep. :|

The_Lady_Snow 05-11-2011 06:43 PM

We watched "Black Swan" on Sunday...

Still trying to figure out WHY she won an Oscar..

Elijah 05-11-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 337124)
We watched "Black Swan" on Sunday...

Still trying to figure out WHY she won an Oscar..

I haven't seen it yet, is it worth a look?

The_Lady_Snow 05-11-2011 06:53 PM

It's an excellent psycho thriller.

Greyson 05-11-2011 07:09 PM

'Mildred Pierce' starring Kate Winslet on HBO. I was very surprised I liked this movie that was aired in a miniseries format.

The story of a strong woman that was raising her daughters in depression era Glendale, a middle class suburb of Los Angeles. There was betrayal, romance, sexual tension, class struggle, redemption, mother-daughter relationship with all of its ups and downs, daddy's little girl/daughter idealizing her father that left the family. A woman that rises to the top both professionally and in her life.

Gemme 05-11-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElijahRene (Post 337119)
I saw Love and Other Drugs last night...I was concerned I wasn't going to like it at all in the beginning, then they pulled out an average romantic comedy. They really missed in a few places where they could have deepened the story. Of course, not everybody likes deep. :|

We really liked Love and Other Drugs because we like the actors...okay, LOVE Anne Hathaway...but because how many love stories show a partner dealing with Parkinson's? Fantastic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElijahRene (Post 337128)

I haven't seen it yet, is it worth a look?

Black Swan was creepy good. Definitely worth a look.

The last movie we saw was Due Date.

Sparkle 05-14-2011 01:47 PM

The two most recent films I've seen:

'Get Low'
starring Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray
Its about a hermitted old man who decides to plan (and attend) his own funeral.

I really wanted to like it; because the cast is excellent, the score is good, the concept is original and the humour is fantastically dry - a bit like 'Brother Where Art Thou' - but it was way too slow moving for me. I kept dozing off, I tried to finish it 3x; and never succeeded.

'Elling'
a Norwegian film about an odd couple, of sorts. Two mentally challenged men are placed in a half-way home together after spending a few years in an institution. It is a 'coming of age' film, of sorts. :)

This film was charming and very funny. The acting and writing were excellent. I really enjoyed it. It was touching and genuine in its portrayal of the characters and their issues. And wasn't exploitative in its humour. I laughed, out loud, a lot.