Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What other drivers do to make you insane... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2340)

Strappie 11-11-2010 08:40 PM

What other drivers do to make you insane...

Drives me crazy that they don't turn their head lights on when it's raining or snowing...

It's a Law in Minnesota.

Softly 11-11-2010 08:48 PM

being on their dang phone! or texting!

Strappie 11-11-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softly (Post 225863)
being on their dang phone! or texting!

I'm so guilty... However I have the hands free car phone.

Miss Scarlett 11-11-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strappie (Post 225856)
Drives me crazy that they don't turn their head lights on when it's raining or snowing...

It's a Law in Minnesota.

It's an ignored law here in NC too.

During my daily commute I see texting, eating, shaving, make-up application, dancing (as much as one can while driving) and my personal favorite - reading the newspaper, books and magazines - all at 55+ mph.

~Bo 11-11-2010 09:10 PM

How bout clogging up the passing lane and not passing anyone?

Sam 11-11-2010 09:10 PM

makes me crazy when the old southern folks pull out in front of you then drive under the speed limit.

little_ms_sunshyne 11-11-2010 09:15 PM

I hate it when people treat yield signs like stop signs!!!!!!!! Blah!

Miss Scarlett 11-11-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 225884)
makes me crazy when the old southern folks pull out in front of you then drive under the speed limit.

That's the law here isn't it? :tease:

miss entycing 11-11-2010 09:24 PM

it irks me to no end when there's no one behind you,
yet they gotta pull out in front of you- making you slam the brakes.
rude I tell ya.

it also irks me when they roll right up on yer ass, and stay there-
like that's really gonna make me go 85 mph just for you??
puhleez...
:readfineprint:

MsDemeanor 11-11-2010 09:29 PM

I find their very existence to be quite irritating. My drives would be far more pleasant if everyone else just stayed off the roads when I'm on them.

justkim 11-11-2010 09:30 PM

Seriously...
The peddle on the right makes it go...
Duh!

Greyson 11-11-2010 09:31 PM

When drivers panic, freeze up at Roundabouts or they ignore traffic rules such as the vehicle that reached the intersection first enters into the flow of traffic first. If one or more vehicles arrive at the intesection at the same moment, the vehicle to your right, goes first. (The same is true for conventional intersections with stop signs.)

"Roundabouts require traffic to circulate counterclockwise around a center island. Unlike Traffic Circles, roundabouts are used on higher volume streets to allocate right-of-way between competing movements."

Blade 11-11-2010 09:31 PM

Pull out in front of me just to turn in less than a quarter mile

Blow the horn at me for going the speed limit. Damnit if you want to pay my insurance I'll speed.

betenoire 11-11-2010 09:32 PM

I do not drive. I walk.

But I hate when asshole drivers act like I am ruining their lives by crossing the street when they want to turn right. Pedestrians have the right of way. Get over it.

I can't tell you how many times I've been almost hit by jackasses turning right without looking.

Greyson 11-11-2010 09:36 PM

Bicyclist that ignore traffic laws such as cycling through red lights and stop signs. Then wonder why they are getting hit.

Before all the bicyclist pop, I also am troubled by drivers that do not look in the mirror to be sure it is clear and a bicyclist is not coming down the road before they open the door of the parked car and injure or kill a bicyclist.

Sam 11-11-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett (Post 225889)
That's the law here isn't it? :tease:

i was at the dr today and it happened, 2 old guys in a 70 something toyota lol

another thing i hate is when people dont pull over for :firetruck:

AtLast 11-11-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betenoire (Post 225910)
I do not drive. I walk.

But I hate when asshole drivers act like I am ruining their lives by crossing the street when they want to turn right. Pedestrians have the right of way. Get over it.

I can't tell you how many times I've been almost hit by jackasses turning right without looking.

I have some friends that live in SF that don't drive (I love our rapid transportation where I live and use it often) and that have almost been hit by this very thing many times! One of them carries a frozen water bottle to whack cars when this happens! I don't blame him at all! And it certainly has made me think more when I do have to drive into SF (but less and less often as I have been using public transportaion more and more).
I just have to master the connecting buses better and soon I will not ever have a reason to drive into SF from the East Bay! Even for medical appointments.

What, you can't hold on for a few seconds to let people get across the street completely? Just one more example of how self-centered people can be and lack courtesy as far as I'm concerned!

As a driver, the crazy people that drift into my lane ahead of me with about two inches between us make me nuts! And they seem to just zoom along doing this for miles on freeways here.

LOL, I am plain tired of rudeness most of the time, driving or not. We all live here! Your needs are no more important than mine!

Honestly, I like driving less and less. No parking worries, more exercise and it is a way to get more acquainted with neighborhoods and other are4as outside of where I live. Savings, too!

Been thinking more and more of how I am tired of the hustle and bustle here, anyway. I want a slower pace where people actually talk with one another.

Guy 11-11-2010 09:55 PM

With their right signal on, they make a wide turn to the left first, then continue making the right turn or vice versa . :eek:

RockOn 11-11-2010 10:09 PM

poke (as in slow poke)
It makes me nuts. Lately I have found myself kicking my truck around them w-a-y too much as soon as I can see enough room to pass. I am a good driver but I need to quit blowing it out just because I am frustrated at them going too slow on my clock.

I bet I look like an idiot when I do this! LOL!

amiyesiam 11-11-2010 10:42 PM

I love to drive
I love to go the absolute correct speed limit
when the idiot behind me thinks getting closer will make me move faster
it won't
but it will tempt me to tap my breaks:|
I love to look at people who want to get out into traffic or change lanes
but fail to use their turn signal
I will fail to be nice
I have also found that a bit of weaving down the road
will get people off your tail (I drive home from work late at night)