Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you reading? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1589)

SoulShineFemme 01-14-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONLY (Post 504379)
I am reading I think it is the 11th book of the "Anita Blake" series from Laurell K. Hamilton "Cerulean Sins"

I wanna that my girl (f) for getting me HOOKED on the series ;)

You are most welcome. :) Now just wait until you REALLY get into the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich.....

Ciaran 01-14-2012 02:19 PM

Currently reading - 1921: The Yankees, the Giants, and the Battle for Baseball Supremacy in New York

SoNotHer 01-14-2012 05:02 PM

Intelligent, inspiring, necessary

http://www.waldeneffect.org/20100130review.jpg

"Sowing Seeds in the Desert by Masanobu Fukuoka - Chelsea Green

This revolutionary book presents Fukuoka’s plan to rehabilitate the deserts of the world using natural farming, including practical solutions for feeding a growing human population, rehabilitating damaged landscapes, reversing the spread of desertification, and providing a deep understanding of … read more."

Soon 01-14-2012 05:27 PM

MockingJay--the third book in the The Hunger Games trilogy

Liam 01-14-2012 05:29 PM

Empires, Nations & Families: A History of the North American West 1800-1860 by Anne F. Hyde

This book documents the broad family associations that crossed national and ethnic lines and that, along with the river systems of the trans-Mississippi West, formed the basis for a global trade in furs that had operated for hundreds of years before the land became part of the United States. It shows how the world of river and maritime trade effectively shifted political power away from military and diplomatic circles into the hands of local people, and reveals how, in the 1850's immigrants to these newest regions of the United States violently wrested control from Native and other powers, and how conquest and competing demands for land and resources brought about a volatile frontier culture.

I haven't finished this, but it is fascinating and very well written.

Semantics 01-14-2012 05:54 PM

The Taming of Chance (Ideas in Context) by Ian Hacking.

Interesting and well written, but I don't love it.

sanee66 01-14-2012 08:34 PM

13 1/2 by Nevada Barr, pretty good so far.

PaPa 01-19-2012 05:59 PM

Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls.

Tawse 01-20-2012 07:04 AM

reading "Witch and Wizard" by James Patterson right now. 65% in and I still don't give a damn about any of the characters. Not a good sign. I think I'm just reading it cause I'm 65% done and I may as well finish it... kinda like a Saturday night date...

JustLovelyJenn 01-20-2012 09:49 AM

Yesterdays reading selections included Edgar Allen Poe's a Tell Tale Heart, and Ralph Waldo Emerson's The American Scholar.

I just love the early American Authors, they have so much passion, so much drive and such eloquence. If today's activists, or even politicians had even an eighth of their skill and determination and grace, the world would be a far different place.

Tawse 01-20-2012 09:55 AM

uhm... didn't Poe have a passionate relationship with Opium? lol

Or is that just an urban legend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn (Post 508893)
Yesterdays reading selections included Edgar Allen Poe's a Tell Tale Heart, and Ralph Waldo Emerson's The American Scholar.

I just love the early American Authors, they have so much passion, so much drive and such eloquence. If today's activists, or even politicians had even an eighth of their skill and determination and grace, the world would be a far different place.

TheDreadPirateRoberts 01-20-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn (Post 508893)

i agreeee...i love the selections you're reading......i think there are a good number of people who do have that passion...who want to see progressive change...and who may be helping to make it happen in their own lives or local communities...unfortunately its seldom heard of....especially with this media.....gods i love you....im looking forward to reading with you for years to come...

betenoire 01-20-2012 12:37 PM

"There are parts of Texas where a fly lives ten thousand years and a man can't die soon enough. Time gets strange there from too much sky, too many miles from crack to crease in the flat surface of land." - Geek Love by Katherine Dunn

Tawse 01-20-2012 01:21 PM

betenoire - your quote reminds me...

there's a feature in the Kindle (maybe the nook too?) where you can highlight a certain part of the text and other people can see (as they read on their kindles) what other people have highlighted (it tells you how many people highlighted that text).

It can be very interesting seeing what other people highlight... When reading Dresden Files and Hunger Games I found the highlights to be lines that were beautiful, exceptionally comedic, or impacted the plot of the book... but with witch and wizard - the highlights are nonsensical or I've lost my mind.. one of the two.

Honey 01-20-2012 02:29 PM

"Shes Come Undone" by Wally Lamb....Everyone should read this...Lamb writes from the perspective of a girl-woman...I am convinced he is NOT a bio male !!

foxyshaman 01-20-2012 03:09 PM

Re-reading: Blackfoot Physics by F. David Peat

F. David Peat holds a Ph.D. in theoretical physics and is deeply interested in the relationships between science, creativity, art and culture.

"Blackfoot physics is an account of his discoveries, in a remarkable synthesis of anthropology, history, metaphysics, cosmology and quantum theory. Peat compares the medicines, the myths, the languages, indeed the entire perceptions of reality of the Western and indigeneous peoples. What becomes apparent is the amazing resemblance between indigeneous teachings and some of the insights that are emerging from modern science. Peat's insightful observations extend our understanding of ourselves, our understanding of the Universe, and our place in it. This book is a captivating read for anyone interested in the relationship between science, spirituality, and different ways of knowing."

Julien 01-20-2012 08:48 PM

Thief of Lives, book 2 of the Noble Dead series by Barb Hendee and J.C. Hendee. I really enjoyed the first book Dhampir. Only 9 more to go in the series (I think).:2nddaywalker:

justkim 01-23-2012 08:15 PM

Just started reading the 4th book in the Game of Thrones series... LOVING IT!

The JD 01-23-2012 08:41 PM

Just *finished* the 4th book in the Game of Thrones series, and just started Jane Lynch's memoir, Happy Accidents... I've got a pile of books on my headboard screaming to be read next, but Jane Lynch is a library book, so she wins. :)

clay 01-24-2012 12:09 PM

I am reading....

Love Finds You....in Folly Beach,SC...by Loree Lough.
It is set in a quaint little southern beach town, near Charleston,SC. It is about two people with nothing in common who fall in love.....I am enjoying it immensely!
If you like...go to..
www.follyturtles.com to get more info on the loggerhead turtles program

and you can also go to
www.savethelight.com
this is set up to save the Morris Lighthouse...