Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you reading? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1589)

TheDreadPirateRoberts 01-24-2012 02:37 PM

i just started reading "aimee & jaguar" ...aka ...a love story from berlin , 1943...amazing book! ....

Leigh 01-24-2012 03:35 PM

When I signed up for the gym a week and a half ago, I got a book free from the founder of the gym itself David Patchell-Evans called "Living the Good Life" and so far its been a highly valuable resource :)

tonaderspeisung 01-24-2012 05:34 PM

The Man in the Rockefeller Suit: The Astonishing Rise and Spectacular Fall of a Serial Imposter - Mark Seal

it's the story of the totally made up clark rockefeller
it's completely fascinating, a great thrill ride
and it's all true

run don't walk to your library and find this book
it's worth it

but you don't have to take my word for it

JAGG 01-24-2012 09:11 PM

"Final gifts" by Patricia Kelly

apretty 01-25-2012 07:28 PM

http://www.randomhouse.ca/images/dyn...0&maxwidth=170

i'm about 5 pages from finishing and idon't want it to end.

TheDreadPirateRoberts 01-25-2012 11:05 PM

water wars by vandana shiva.....i read this book awhile back....but decided to re read since a dear one just finished it today...

Truly Scrumptious 01-28-2012 11:07 AM

When She Woke, by Hillary Jordan

It’s the mid-21st century, after Roe v Wade has been overturned, and a woman who has an abortion is now guilty of murder. Her punishment? Her skin is genetically altered . . . turned bright red for the duration of her 16 year sentence. (Prisons are overcrowded, so now people are marked for their crimes.)

Comparisons to The Scarlet Letter and The Handmaid’s Tale are inevitable, and in fact Hillary Jordan describes it as "a deliberate riff" on The Scarlet Letter. It’s dark and disturbing on so many levels, and I can’t put it down.

sugarnspice 01-28-2012 11:20 AM

This sounds like a fantastic book! I will go load it on to my Kindle right now!

TheDreadPirateRoberts 01-28-2012 02:16 PM

the girl with the dragon tattoo......again...since my lil sister brought my copy back

Sparkle 01-28-2012 03:49 PM

my clever ploy to read more by canceling the cable is working...

Last week I finished "Snowdrops" by AD Miller and *HATED* it. It is not thrilling, it is not noir, there are no redeeming characters, every character is shallowly drawn and stereotypical and if I hadn't read it on my kindle I'd have flung it cross the room after reading the last few pages.

In an attempt to scrub my brain of that bad reading experience I was very kindly gift with the "Hunger Games" trilogy which I read between Monday night and this morning. As everyone has said, a very compelling read, I really enjoyed the story.

I'm not sure which next...
Possibly "IQ84" by Murakami which I've been meaning to start for weeks but am feeling a bit daunted by, possibly "The Marriage Plot" by Eugenides, possibly something different all together.

Stud_puppy1991 01-28-2012 07:23 PM

I am currently reading Stephen King's newest novel, 11/22/63, which is about a man that goes back in time to prevent JFK's assassination

aishah 01-28-2012 11:36 PM

open veins of latin america - eduardo galeano.

Martina 01-29-2012 03:17 AM

i am reading The Hunger Games too.

justkim 01-29-2012 05:20 PM

For those of you who enjoy *free* stuff... I got a series about werewolves for free... I downloaded it to my NookColor. The Mating, The Keeping, and The Finding... you must read them in order. I only remember the authors first name and truly wish I could find more of her work. Her first name is Nicky and each book is about 1000 pages... I would like to hear what others think of her work...

Happy reading...

Kätzchen 01-30-2012 10:38 AM

*Good Morning & Hi

Just a quick note this morning before I head to work (a new job, thank heavens!), that I read the series called the "Hunger Games" and I was not affected by the storyline at all: Probably because of the level of abuse I have survived in my lifetime - or - something like that. I filter from a variety of lens in life and was not impressed with this series. I took the books back and traded them in for something different to read.

I'd rather read a real life account of some fucked up situation and the details involved and how perpetrators of abuse committed their crime (s) rather than read material as presented in the format of the "Hunger Games" - but I'm not the average reader and do not expect my views about this book to meld with other opinion.

I wonder if anyone has read other non-fiction accounts within the genre of white collar crime... I'm interested in reading things of this nature. If anyone has a recommendation for a book they liked, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

StillettoDoll 01-30-2012 08:29 PM

http://images-partners-tbn.google.co...-superrich.jpg

Don't know if I will finish it. It a big book!:reader:
Its a study of the power of money

pajama 01-30-2012 10:13 PM

Okay, well I'm behind the times. I was coming here to praise and gush about The Hunger Games. I got it last week because the movie preview looks really good. This is a book that I've picked up and put back at the bookstore a half-dozen times. Even now that I bought it, I read some of my other books first. I wasn't expecting much.

I LOVE it. I am a really, REALLY, slow reader and am almost done with the book in 24 hours. I even turned the TV off to read it. I have not been exposed to any type of abuse so I am very much shocked by the story-line. I did grow up roaming the woods and hunting with my brother as a child, so I feel I can identify a little with the main character in that.

Now I'm really excited to watch the movie.

Okay, back to finish reading it. 'Night.
A

Toughy 01-31-2012 01:01 AM

Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende

genghisfawn 01-31-2012 01:05 AM

"Pilgrim" - Timothy Findley

tonaderspeisung 01-31-2012 06:15 PM

http://blogs.roanoke.com/backcover/f...2/immortal.jpg

all i can say is - wow
read this for sure