Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Romance (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Where do you like to go on dates? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7937)

cinnamongrrl 07-05-2016 12:27 PM

One of the best dates I ever went on was very impromptu...

We met up at a favorite huge flea market, got lunch from a food truck, ate it at an old cemetery and then went on a hike...

I like adventures...not just humdrum.

Now a days I'd go for some white water rafting or kayaking.

Blade 07-05-2016 02:45 PM

I like to just go for a ride and talk. Pay special attention to things she points out on the ride, it's a good indicator of what shed likes. Stop for a cone of ice cream or even pick up a sub and find a picnic area along the way. I also like nature museums, and botanical gardens, state parks with nature trails.

Gráinne 07-05-2016 07:50 PM

*Any library, bookstore, flea market, garage sales, etc.

*Any museum, historical site, battlefield, house tour, national site, etc. I'd think I found my soulmate.

*Movies-but the kind in a park, or a much less expensive movie series at the theater.

*Plays, opera, the symphony, ballet, community theater

*Food or cultural festivals-but I don't really do crowds very well, so those are in a small dose.

I've been thinking, why do we wait to do these things with a date, but we don't date ourselves?

C0LLETTE 07-05-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gráinne (Post 1074293)

*Any museum, historical site, battlefield, house tour, national site, etc. I'd think I found my soulmate.

*Movies-but the kind in a park, or a much less expensive movie series at the theater.

*Food or cultural festivals-but I don't really do crowds very well, so those are in a small dose.

I've been thinking, why do we wait to do these things with a date, but we don't date ourselves?

I think I am Grainne's perfect date except for the garage sales...I hate haggling.

Jess 07-05-2016 10:45 PM

if the fortune cookie is right... then it always ends up "in bed" anyway.. lol..

:cigar2:

Gráinne 07-06-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1074320)
I think I am Grainne's perfect date except for the garage sales...I hate haggling.

And you have the magic word, "Canada" ;).

Brooklyn 07-06-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gráinne (Post 1074293)

I love this list !! I would do every single thing on here.

I also agree, why do we wait... why not just treat ourselves to these things? (I actually do - when I have the time).

Stone-Butch 07-06-2016 06:01 PM

Dates

Depends on the date. Friday will be Chinese food buffet and a movie.

JDeere 07-06-2016 06:22 PM

LOL lately it's been to dinner and back home, since there is a soon to be 4 year old child who is up her mom's butt and won't allow us to get any time, to go out on a real date!

DapperButch 07-06-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1074320)

So, just pay what is on the tag?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gráinne (Post 1074411)
And you have the magic word, "Canada" ;).

haha love this.

imperfect_cupcake 07-07-2016 11:39 AM

Dunno how it's done where you are but things aren't tagged if it's a garage sale or flea market, usually, here. You ask how much, they give you a price, you think for a second, make an offer lower, and then they counter back.

If you pay what they first offer, because of canuck politeness issues conflicting with process of payment negotiations, you pay too much. And they rather count on that ;)

Gemme 07-07-2016 12:11 PM

Regional differences. Everywhere I've been in the US, you tag it with what you hope to get for it but not necessary the lowest you would take for it. Often, if it's a good sale, there are too many people there for you to concentrate on guessing and going back and forth with one or two customers. Buyers don't see tags and they will leave because it's too much trouble to wait to talk to someone.

Then you have to consider the sticky fingered crews and keep your eyes open for that.

Haggling is optional.

DapperButch 07-07-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1074566)
Regional differences. Everywhere I've been in the US, you tag it with what you hope to get for it but not necessary the lowest you would take for it. Often, if it's a good sale, there are too many people there for you to concentrate on guessing and going back and forth with one or two customers. Buyers don't see tags and they will leave because it's too much trouble to wait to talk to someone.

Then you have to consider the sticky fingered crews and keep your eyes open for that.

Haggling is optional.

What she said. :cheesy:

BullDog 07-07-2016 04:11 PM

In New England they are called tag sales (same thing as garage sale/yard sale), so there's gotta be tags, lol.

Liquor stores are called package stores. At first I had no idea what people were talking about.

Wrang1er 07-07-2016 04:21 PM

I enjoy all types of dates but I especially like dinner followed by a musical. :)

LOQUI 07-07-2016 06:21 PM

Hmmm...let's see....:deepthoughts:
-a park
-farmer market (we dont need to buy anything but...sometimes it is fun to buy products, go back home and work together in the kitchen)
-start attending a cooking class (or any other particular interest the 'couple' might be interested into)
-of course, the beach...or a walk in the woods
-breakfast/lunch or dinner at either her or mine favourite place(s)...perhaps we can alternate between her and mine favorite places...until we can find "ours"...It doesnt have to be expensive, just clean, nice environment and with good food!
-get all dressed up and go to a special show/dinner...
-ice cream and a walk
-museums, historical parks
-if there is a conference/workshop in a topic we both like, it might be fun to attend together...
-go to a park and bring some boarding games with us...
-making a puzzle game
-prepare a tray with cheeses, fruits, vegetables to have while watching a video (we can rent a commercial move or watch some "home made" videos of her or mine family/friends etc (it must include popcorn at some point!)
-jump in the car without a particular place on mind...and go to 'discover' new places
-go to her favourite pub (beer and fried clams strips!) and wait for her there after her work day
-seat in a garden...and enjoy the company and the quietness...
etc. etc.etc...the sky is the limit...and the money, and the time, and...lol
:seeingstars:

Gemme 07-07-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDog (Post 1074590)
In New England they are called tag sales (same thing as garage sale/yard sale), so there's gotta be tags, lol.

Liquor stores are called package stores. At first I had no idea what people were talking about.

I'd never lived in a state that had dedicated liquor stores that were the ONLY place you could buy liquor before moving to RI. It's weird to not be able to pick up wine coolers, wine or some beer at the grocery store.

They call sales a mix here. Some say garage sales and some say tag sales. Not a lot of 'yard sales' though.

For thread compliance, I'd like to go on one of those weird tours that take you through the city or underground or whatever. Seattle had a few of those and they seemed like fun; I just never made it to one before I left.

JDeere 07-29-2016 04:01 PM

Anywhere but home Lol

Venus007 07-30-2016 01:28 AM

Sitting on the porch with whiskey and watching the dogs play, cook dinner, then more porch sitting.
That is just the kind of date I've been liking lately

Kätzchen 08-15-2016 05:19 PM

I can't think of any type of date that I wouldn't enjoy, but I've been on dates where it was just the two of us, or just the two of us I'm the company of close friends or family.

Spur of the moment dates are delicious, to me, because of the element of surprise or the satisfying notion that it's going to be a time that's held very special, by the two of us.