Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What brought you joy today? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86)

Linus 11-04-2009 10:46 PM

What brought you joy today?

I always read Arwen's tweets about things that bring her joy each day, even if it's a little thing. And it made me wonder: what little things in the day bring you joy? a cup of coffee after a long night? a cat's purr? a good meal? a smile when you least expect it?

My moment of joy today: just sitting back at the end of class, hearing a student saying that they finally got what I had been explaining for the last 2 hours.

Andrew, Jr. 11-05-2009 08:45 AM

When my sister died this past year, I lost hope in about everything. Death of a loved one really shreads your heart and soul. However, over time, I have learned from her that every day is a gift.

Regina Brett, 90 yo, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio wrote the following that I find comfort in. I hope it gives others the same peace of mind.

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 41 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more."

1. Life isn't fair, but it is still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
13. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
14. Get rid of anything that isn't beautiful, useful or joyful.
15. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
16. It is never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
17. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
18. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
19. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
20. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
21. The most important sex organ is the brain.
22. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
23. Frame every so-called disaster with these words "In five years will this matter?"
24. Always choose life.
25. Forgive everyone everything.
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
32. Growing old beats the alternative...dying young.
33. Your children get only one childhood.
34. All that truly matters in the end is that you are loved.
35. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
36. If we threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
37. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
38. The best is yet to come.
39. No matter how you feel, get up, get dressed and show up.
40. Yield.
41. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.

This was given to my sister's oldest son after graduating from high school, only a month after she died. He framed it, and it is in his college dorm room at Pratt Institute of Art.

Arwen 11-05-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 664)
I always read Arwen's tweets about things that bring her joy each day, even if it's a little thing. And it made me wonder: what little things in the day bring you joy? a cup of coffee after a long night? a cat's purr? a good meal? a smile when you least expect it?

My moment of joy today: just sitting back at the end of class, hearing a student saying that they finally got what I had been explaining for the last 2 hours.

You darling man! Thank you!

JoyPatrolAlert! This brought me great joy to see you spreading the joy. You rock.

My joy today was waking up and knowing my beloved Q is no longer in pain. And having a big brown head rest on my bed to stare me awake. Apparently Goofy's dog Foolish needed a pet and I was the only one there. LOL

Andrew, Jr. 11-05-2009 08:58 AM

Arwen,

You are just a ball of love. I knew that from the 1st time I met you. Everyone, including animals know that.

Love,
Andrew

Linus 11-05-2009 09:30 AM

Joy moment for today thus far: sending out an email to family, letting them know how life is.

Arwen 11-06-2009 08:47 AM

JoyPatrolAlert! How do you spread joy to others?

I try to compliment folks at work when I like something they are wearing--even if I don't know them at all. It's a great joy to see them smile!

D-Money 11-06-2009 08:51 AM

coffee, sunshine, falling leaves on campus, words, opportunity, life ... :)

D-Money 11-06-2009 08:58 AM

oh, and the knowledge that after my philosophy exam today it's THE WEEKEND!

Diva 11-06-2009 09:26 AM

Every morning, without fail, I am greeted with unconditional love from the sweetest puppy in the Universe....Lucy.

My BFF ~ ShariBerry ~ gives me that same kind of unconditional love....she just doesn't sleep with me or wag her tail.......wait...... :|

I love to see a room begin to take shape.....right now, it's my Red Room, freshly painted......and putting it together is giving me a great deal of joy.

Thank You, Linus, for starting this thread!

~Diva

Scorp 11-06-2009 09:53 AM

What Specifically Brought Me Joy Today...

• Being able to sleep in for a couple of more hours
  • Having coffee already prepared for me and just having to hit the button
  • My baby girl kitty cuddling on the blanket with me while watching tv
  • Knowing my boss is out today so I can work at home and juggle 2 laptops (work and personal)

SuperFemme 11-06-2009 10:35 AM

Daddy June and I are now related.
her rooster fucked my chicken.

They used protection and no nuggets were harmed.

Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy

Medusa 11-07-2009 11:23 AM

Being Alive
Being Here
Being Loved

dixie 11-07-2009 11:32 AM

joys for today:
-finding this site :D
-anticipation for the cake walk at my son's Fall Festival this afternoon lol

Random 11-07-2009 12:01 PM

The words..

*I made you coffee*

It's such a little thing, but really the whole world...

A email TELLING me not to move the heavy stuff, that I don't have to do it all myself, and let her take some of the burden.. (grin.. I will move the heavy stuff cause I want to get this DONE, but still the thought is so wonderful!)

Feeling over whelmed with love for my butch and my kid...

My baby cat finding a sunning spot in the bushes.. She blends in with the fall colors so well, that I walked past her twice...

Bootboi 11-07-2009 12:39 PM

• Waking up to beautiful sunny fall weather.
  • Good strong hot coffee
  • Chi chi kisses

Leigh 11-07-2009 01:34 PM

What brought Me joy today includes:

~> Being on this website
~> Forwarding funny and cute emails to friends and family
~> Reading the weekend newspaper, and looking through the flyers
~> Texting and taking pics of My cats :)

Bit 11-07-2009 02:54 PM

Okay okay... I admit it... resistance is futile. I will join this thread. *sheepish smile*

What brought me joy today was my white swamp oak tree, the young street tree at the edge of our front yard. I swear it knows me, and hears me. It grew acorns this year after I talked about them, AND after I exclaimed and exclaimed over some orangy leaves yesterday--normally its leaves just turn brown--the tree turned a deep bejeweled red! It is stunning, all the leaves winking and shining in the breezy sunlight!

Andrew, Jr. 11-07-2009 06:42 PM

Joy for Today...

Reconnecting with Cath

Reconnecting with Dixie

This site - much thanks and love to Medusa and Jack ;)

Golfing this morning

Smoking a Gurkha Cigar that Linus sent me (loved it)

Linus 11-11-2009 09:04 AM

Learning about stones from my Big Sister (I think I need to find a Hematite stone)

Loving this site more and more

Knowing that I'll reconnect tonight with some FTM brothers at a support group

Knowing that work trusts me enough to do a beta class and lead a major customer facing project (multiple times)

Snuggling with the woman for a few minutes this morning

Arwen 11-11-2009 09:24 AM

• I found joy in reconnecting with a part of myself I've left lie fallow.
  • I found joy in opening my patio blinds and watching the sun hit the ivy.
  • I found joy in unpacking just one box. It makes me feel like I'm getting something accomplished.
  • I found joy in talking about rocks. :)