Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Performance Art (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Drag King Curiosity (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3861)

AlphaDrug 09-16-2011 07:33 PM

Drag King Curiosity

:moonstars: I don't know if this is the place to come, I consider drag kings a performance art... but there are a LOT of forums and sub forums to sift through. I don't want this to get too serious!

I'm curious of your opinion, I'm a hardcore femme, swagger, skirts, heels and all. But the drag king world is something I've always been interested in. I recently dug up a photo of me from college, theatre stage makeup, and my favorite subject thorough the entire semester was the fake hair and beards. I had been looking forward to it since I'd signed up for the class.

Now this is what I normally look like...
http://i56.tinypic.com/2m77s7o.jpg

This is my "twin brother" Alexander.
http://i55.tinypic.com/34j39jo.jpg

I think it's a good go because I'm attracted to myself in this photo. Hehehe!

I'm wondering if it's at all possible for a femme to be a drag king or do you think it's just a butch dominated world? Am I less femme because it's something I think I'd enjoy? Are there any other femmes that ever toyed with the idea of being a King? And do the Butches find it less attractive in a woman who wants to cross dress as a King?

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Open to Discussion. ^_^

The_Lady_Snow 09-16-2011 07:37 PM

Do it!

I say do it cause it's something that appeals to you, lifes to short!!! I'll be a fan!!!

DapperButch 09-16-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDrug (Post 419159)
:moonstars: I don't know if this is the place to come, I consider drag kings a performance art... but there are a LOT of forums and sub forums to sift through. I don't want this to get too serious!

I'm curious of your opinion, I'm a hardcore femme, swagger, skirts, heels and all. But the drag king world is something I've always been interested in. I recently dug up a photo of me from college, theatre stage makeup, and my favorite subject thorough the entire semester was the fake hair and beards. I had been looking forward to it since I'd signed up for the class.

Now this is what I normally look like...
http://i56.tinypic.com/2m77s7o.jpg

This is my "twin brother" Alexander.
http://i55.tinypic.com/34j39jo.jpg

I think it's a good go because I'm attracted to myself in this photo. Hehehe!

I'm wondering if it's at all possible for a femme to be a drag king or do you think it's just a butch dominated world? Am I less femme because it's something I think I'd enjoy? Are there any other femmes that ever toyed with the idea of being a King? And do the Butches find it less attractive in a woman who wants to cross dress as a King?

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Open to Discussion. ^_^

I think you look great! No you are not less femme and down on the butch who has a problem with it!

BullDog 09-16-2011 07:38 PM

Go for it! I think femme drag kings sounds hot!

Julie 09-16-2011 07:41 PM

I think you should do whatever pleases you.
It's your form of expression and art --
You look gorgeous in the dress and HOT as a Drag King.

princessbelle 09-16-2011 07:44 PM

HOT HOT HOT

Do it!!!!!!

Thinker 09-16-2011 07:45 PM

Do it and enjoy it. It will not make you "less femme", nor will it take away from your femininity.

:)

AlphaDrug 09-16-2011 07:50 PM

:moonstars: I think the hardest part of being a drag king might be getting the swagger down... my swag is SUPER femme, it's ALL in my hips. ^___^ Not that thats a bad thing. ;)

Sassy 09-16-2011 07:51 PM

Do what makes you happy. It's the least you deserve in life ;)

-S

princessbelle 09-16-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDrug (Post 419169)
:moonstars: I think the hardest part of being a drag king might be getting the swagger down... my swag is SUPER femme, it's ALL in my hips. ^___^ Not that thats a bad thing. ;)

I totally get that. I've tried. Cause truly i think it is SUPER hot. Not that all butches do that, but the ones that do OMG.

Normally, i fail. Ok i always fail. But, try it. I'm assuming it just takes practice?

Again, you don't have to have the swagger, just try not to swing your hips, i think it's more in the shoulders?....from one femme to another..lol.

AlphaDrug 09-16-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 419172)
I totally get that. I've tried. Cause truly i think it is SUPER hot. Not that all butches do that, but the ones that do OMG.

Normally, i fail. Ok i always fail. But, try it. I'm assuming it just takes practice?

Again, you don't have to have the swagger, just try not to swing your hips, i think it's more in the shoulders?....from one femme to another..lol.

:moonstars: Right!? I think so too. ^_^ I used to do a LOT of acting in high school...and some in college... so it shouldn't be TOO hard... right? o.o I also have a lot of butch friends that have the swagger so I'll just make them teach me. ^__^

Also gotta get the binding thing down... I've got really awesome tits for a woman... not so great for drag. XD

crashhere4eva 09-16-2011 08:13 PM

The "swagger" as you say, comes natural. It's binding up my damn Double D's that's the hard part! LOL

crashhere4eva 09-16-2011 08:18 PM

By the way, Alpha, there is a VERY VERY popular Drag King Troupe in Boston called "All The Kings Men". It's how I got my start in dragging, winning their first ever Drag King Idol contest. Their main leader is very much a Femme and she pulls of fthe Drag n swag n femme perfectly. She is definitely a full fledge Femme outside of performance as well. She's the only femme in the troupe and rocks it out. Both on stage and off. You go girl!

clay 09-16-2011 08:33 PM

Two words: Smoking hottttttt!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 419161)
I think you look great! No you are not less femme and down on the butch who has a problem with it!

Liam 09-16-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDrug (Post 419159)
I'm wondering if it's at all possible for a femme to be a drag king or do you think it's just a butch dominated world?

A femme is capable of doing anything she wants! Butches Schmutzes, go for it and have fun! Please keep us posted.

Soft*Silver 09-16-2011 10:20 PM

its funny this has been brought up just now, for I have been thinking about this for myself. I am an older bodacious femme who packs. (gawd I love the way I am!) and I have in this past year, been breaking alot of personally placed boundaries. I have a friend who is a drag king...and he started me thinking. I would love to do some old timers..frank sinatra type cruisers.

dont be afraid to try anything. Its how we find ourselves. if we remain untapped, we can find ourselves wondering oneday if we are more like others wanted us to be, than who we really are....

Gemme 09-16-2011 10:30 PM

I say go for it!!!

Just_G 09-16-2011 10:50 PM

Drag is the art of illusion...looks to me like you have it down perfectly! Have fun with it!

I have been doing drag for *gulp* 20 years now...seems like just yesterday!

When Club Cassanova was touring the US about 10 years ago, of the 4 drag kings, 2 were femmes. I opened for them and they stayed at my house...we sat up for HOURS talking about the illusion and how it throws people way off to see them when they are not in drag. There is a documentary out there that they filmed. Google Club Cassanova....it's pretty cool stuff!

Good luck to you!

Stacy 09-16-2011 11:39 PM

I've not read through this entire thread, but plan to read through it more. I had to pop in and say that I've always wanted to try doing drag. It's on my bucket list. :)

Delish 09-17-2011 12:11 AM

U totally look hot! I say go for it!!
I started at 20 performing as a Diva, traveled all over and even worked as a show director. I enjoyed it beyond belief. If it's something u want to try, there's no harm in it! Enjoy!!!