Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Rachel Maddow Rocks Hard!!! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720)

key 01-18-2010 09:02 PM

Rachel Maddow Rocks Hard!!!

Just need to post it. How about that butch dyke brainiac!!!

Just the fact that she is on tv and telling the truth gives me hope for this planet.

Content of her character, not the color of her sheets (to badly paraphrase Dr. MLK today)

.:tongue:

Cyclopea 01-18-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by key (Post 35906)
Just the fact that she is on tv and telling the truth gives me hope for this planet.
:tongue:

Word.
Do the kids still say that? Probably not.

Diva 01-18-2010 10:02 PM

Of course! :-)

Word.........................

Strappie 01-19-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 35940)
Word.........................

I thought the HEADLINE said...

Rachel Maddow Rock Hard

hmmm why am I always in the gutter *looks at Diva*:frog:

Diva 01-19-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strappie (Post 36534)
I thought the HEADLINE said...

Rachel Maddow Rock Hard

hmmm why am I always in the gutter *looks at Diva*:frog:

Um........because You ARE? :innocent:

Of course, I'M not.....ever.
Have some Kool~aid....:koolaid:

Strappie 01-19-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 36556)
Um........because You ARE? :innocent:

Of course, I'M not.....ever.
Have some Kool~aid....:koolaid:

Awww you say I'm an angel... I dont' care what people say. You are sweet!!

Diva 01-19-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strappie (Post 36577)
Awww you say I'm an angel... I dont' care what people say. You are sweet!!

No....I was saying I'M an angel......

I don't care what they say about YOU either.....that's why we love each other.....there's no one left....<giggling>

:theisland:

Reader 08-16-2011 10:44 PM

I like Maddow a lot. But, what's up with making alcoholic beverages on tv? I mean, the first time I thought it was amusing. Now it is just old, and it makes me think she is a big drinker...which I don't particularly like. I don't think it reflects well on her.

I respect her brain so much, she's a PhD, she's the first openly gay Rhodes scholar, etc., etc. But, dang Maddow, quit with the booze on tv. I don't care what you do in your personal life, but I think it sends a bad message to be mixing cocktails on your show.

I still love the show!

Reader 08-19-2011 08:37 PM

I rather liked the orange jump suit tonight.

Nat 08-19-2011 10:53 PM

I heart her. :)

SecretAgentMa'am 08-19-2011 11:17 PM

I love Rachel Maddow in all her fabulousness. She looks stunningly hot in her business suits, even hotter in her jeans and Chucks with her hipster glasses, and she's got the sexiest brain on TV. And I love the cocktail segments. We went out and got all the ingredients to make mojitos last weekend because she taught me how to make them. I love people who, like me, are concerned with doing things right.

Nat 08-19-2011 11:54 PM

Has anybody noticed that she pronounces the end of her last name "oh" like "meadow" and that most everybody else pronounces it madd-ow (rhymes with cow)?

Reader 08-20-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nat (Post 401865)
Has anybody noticed that she pronounces the end of her last name "oh" like "meadow" and that most everybody else pronounces it madd-ow (rhymes with cow)?

Yep! She sure does.

Reader 08-20-2011 07:41 AM

I like Maddow because she loves dogs, is very curious about all sorts of things, is humble, is smart and well-educated and she cracks me up with all of the faces she makes.

I get such a kick when she jumps out of her chair and runs around and you see that she is really wearing her beat up jeans, the big butch leather belt and sneakers but on top she has her "work" tv jacket on.

And she is so polite to guests even when she clearly disagrees with them. I get the feeling that she could cut anyone to ribbons with her knowledge of the facts, her debating skill and her intelligence, but that she doesn't because she is too well-mannered to do so to someone she has on as a guest.

I like when she tosses in occasional remarks about her parents or Susan or her dog. She hasn't let her success go to her head and I admire that.

PS-Ever notice what long fingers she has? (I will leave that alone, but it's true!)

CherylNYC 08-20-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Green (Post 401948)
I like Maddow because she loves dogs, is very curious about all sorts of things, is humble, is smart and well-educated and she cracks me up with all of the faces she makes.

I get such a kick when she jumps out of her chair and runs around and you see that she is really wearing her beat up jeans, the big butch leather belt and sneakers but on top she has her "work" tv jacket on.

And she is so polite to guests even when she clearly disagrees with them. I get the feeling that she could cut anyone to ribbons with her knowledge of the facts, her debating skill and her intelligence, but that she doesn't because she is too well-mannered to do so to someone she has on as a guest.

I like when she tosses in occasional remarks about her parents or Susan or her dog. She hasn't let her success go to her head and I admire that.

PS-Ever notice what long fingers she has? (I will leave that alone, but it's true!)

Yup. I definitely noticed her fingers.

Reader 08-24-2011 08:02 PM

Maddow's staff is full of such likeable kooks!

Did you see that crazy, zoo-during-the-East Coast-earthquake, Best New Thing update at the end of the show tonite? LOL.

lettertodaddy 08-24-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Green (Post 400093)
I like Maddow a lot. But, what's up with making alcoholic beverages on tv? I mean, the first time I thought it was amusing. Now it is just old, and it makes me think she is a big drinker...which I don't particularly like. I don't think it reflects well on her.

I respect her brain so much, she's a PhD, she's the first openly gay Rhodes scholar, etc., etc. But, dang Maddow, quit with the booze on tv. I don't care what you do in your personal life, but I think it sends a bad message to be mixing cocktails on your show.

I still love the show!

Her love of classic cocktails is one of her more endearing qualities for me. I love watching videos of her on YouTube where she mixes drinks. She clearly has a love of the lore around cocktails and their origins, and the butch can mix a mean cocktail. *swoon*

To each his/her own, I guess.

Reader 08-24-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettertodaddy (Post 405057)
Her love of classic cocktails is one of her more endearing qualities for me. I love watching videos of her on YouTube where she mixes drinks. She clearly has a love of the lore around cocktails and their origins, and the butch can mix a mean cocktail. *swoon*

To each his/her own, I guess.

You know what, I never looked at it that way. Thanks for posting that. Maybe I need to reframe and rethink those segments.

Grazie!

lettertodaddy 08-24-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Green (Post 405064)
You know what, I never looked at it that way. Thanks for posting that. Maybe I need to reframe and rethink those segments.

Grazie!

Because you mentioned her fingers...

I am absolutely obsessed with her fingers in this video. Plus, she's just so nerdy and hot. *longing sigh*

lettertodaddy 08-24-2011 08:23 PM

Ugh, what am I doing wrong with youTube videos?

http://youtu.be/nE_Ve8a_Kes