Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The News (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   The Debates (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5784)

Martina 10-03-2012 08:47 PM

The Debates

The Presidential and VP Debates.

Well, number one was a bust for Obama. Romney was on fire and ignored the ancient Jim Lehrer, who seemed only to monitor President Obama's time.

But I am shocked that Obama was so poorly prepared. God, Mitt was good. Scary.

txdoc 10-03-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 667612)

Well, number one was a bust for Obama. Romney was on fire and ignored the ancient Jim Lehrer, who seemed only to monitor President Obama's time.

Obama did seem shaken...

Corkey 10-03-2012 08:52 PM

Obama blew it, Leiher needs to retire.
The Pres needs to stalk the MSNBC blogs for a few weeks.
No spine, no fire, no guts. I'm not going to say Robme won but damn it was a slaughter.

Greyson 10-03-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 667612)

I think your words pretty well sum it up. I was disappointed in the President's debate performance. The debate has not changed my mind about my vote.

Martina 10-03-2012 08:54 PM

Ed Schultz and Chris Matthews are tearing their hair out tonight on MSNBC. I agree with them. It's about winning, and Romney stepped up and fought to win. Obama stood there and dithered. He did not attack. What a wasted opportunity. I had no idea that it mattered so much to me that this thing not be close. But it's going to be.

There are a lot of points to be scored off the President's record, and Romney got some good ones in. Some were crap, like blaming the President for gridlock. The big mistake Obama made was courting the Republicans too long when he needed to be grabbing them by the balls and twisting.

Romney may be lying his ass off, but people who have not been following this closely will not know.

Corkey 10-03-2012 08:56 PM

I have to wonder if Obama can't seem like the angry one in these debates. I wanted to see some fire from him and got bubkiss.

RNguy 10-03-2012 08:57 PM

geez o pete what happened

Lord is all I can say.
As an independent voter who is very left wing liberal and just so happens to have voted for a democratic candidate every single time , I am a little concerned after tonight that Romney was the better prepared one .
With all that said: Hells bells I'm voting for the best man for the job , Mr president Obama :)
He will pull it off no worries

Semantics 10-03-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txdoc (Post 667616)
Obama did seem shaken...

He didn't seem shaken to me. He seemed bored.
He also said, several times, things like "I agree with the governor" and "the governor and I agree."

I wonder what his deal is.

Martina 10-03-2012 08:59 PM

They said that the President actually had more time. Hard to believe. Romney just punched punched punched while the President ummed. I may be overreacting because I am disappointed -- it's fresh. But it looked to me like a blood bath. The President didn't fall on his face, but he just stood there and took it. I don't understand.

Toughy 10-03-2012 08:59 PM

I say it's their 20th wedding anniversary and he was thinking about 20 years special nookie night..........:|

It certainly has been a while since anybody argued with him. I did not like the personal attacks Romney made, but Romney was in rare form. Romney certainly figured out how to avoid being penned down on anything........."I'm like Reagan...certain principles applied state by state" yeah and the principles are 'a stronger economy, fostering business yadda yadda yadda'.........

a big disappointment I hope those few swing voters will not decide based on tonight's performance...........I soooooooooooo hope Biden is on his game in a week or so

Corkey 10-03-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 667637)
They said that the President actually had more time. Hard to believe. Romney just punched punched punched while the President ummed. I may be overreacting because I am disappointed -- it's fresh. But it looked to me like a blood bath. The President didn't fall on his face, but he just stood there and took it. I don't understand.

Lawrence said Robme had 4 more minutes more than Obama.

princessbelle 10-03-2012 09:02 PM

I said this on facebook, but, you learn early in school that the only way to win a debate is to be on the offensive, not defensive. Once you start there, you just dig in deeper and deeper.

There were so many chances for the President to rip Romney to shreds, from heath care reform to the 47% he has admitted that he doesn't give a shyt about.

What we heard tonight was a disappointment. I believe our President will learn and do better in the next two debates. It has been 4 years since the President last debated. It showed.

There is a time to be aggressive. When you are standing in front of the nation debating with a man that is lying continually, it is not being "angry" to call him out.

IMO The President should have mopped the floor up with Romney's lies.

I can only hope he does that next time.

grenade 10-03-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 667628)
I have to wonder if Obama can't seem like the angry one in these debates. I wanted to see some fire from him and got bubkiss.

That's one of the things I love about Obama, no theatrics.

Corkey 10-03-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenade (Post 667642)
That's one of the things I love about Obama, no theatrics.

I didn't say theatrics, but fire, there wasn't any he was flat as a pancake. I don't do drama, but damn I'd like to know he actually wants another term.

Martina 10-03-2012 09:07 PM

Why didn't he have anything inspiring to say about the role of government, the last question? I don't get it. Why would you let that pass? How could a Democrat let that pass?

OH god, I've got to let it go. Romney was on the ropes. I am not sure he could have been put away tonight. He was prepared. But it WAS a mugging. Anyway . . . deep breaths.

Medusa 10-03-2012 09:11 PM

Jim Lerher SUCKED ASS and let Mitt Romney run over him time and time again as if Romney was BOTH the moderator and a debater.

Obama better buff up.

p.s. Gwen Ifill would have shut that shit down so quick it wouldn't have been funny.

princessbelle 10-03-2012 09:11 PM

That's an important part to bring up really.

Theatrical...i can only say it was true of Romney. To me, Romney was a text book politician tonight. He is not going to do this and is going to do that and blah blah, everything that he thinks *we* want to hear.

Typical. Politician. With nothing backing it up and not only is it illogical, most of what Romney said, it was full of holes and lies. So many things that he said he would do is not realistic with his actual plans, or hints of plans.

He can just go out there and say anything and get away with it?

So disappointing.

Martina 10-03-2012 09:14 PM

Romney was clear and cogent. He made sense. It's crap, but if you don't know better. . . .

I thought his gestures were good. They helped him illustrate his points. The President stepped on his own lines a couple of times. Romney was on. He was ready. Out for blood.

BullDog 10-03-2012 09:18 PM

Romney had a great performance- all based on lies. The big question is will it matter that he lied over and over again. I'm not confident that it will. Hopefully Obama's leads in the swing states will be enough. Thank god there is the 47% tape. Yep Obama blew it.

Corkey 10-03-2012 09:18 PM

Mitt was talking so fast I couldn't follow a train of thought. He talks a good lie but it's still a lie.