Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

Kätzchen 08-09-2018 10:22 PM

Art & Painting

That's cool that it's getting closer to the end of our group's summer Mermaid painting project and that you're mermaid is on the way to CCB, Clay. Yay!

I've been busy renewing my love for small painting projects. :)

I credit CCB's latest art project for inspiring me!

I went by Michael's craft store, and picked up various types of paints, picked up more unusual nifty embellishment type goodies (sparkly gems, sea shells, starfish, and Swarovski Crystals, etc), and unusual painting boards (gesso, pine cuts, wood grain type cuts of boards) and I painted an colorful Rooster, only she's a girl Rooster (!) -- She's got metallic blue tail feathers, neon metallic fringy feathers across her back, dark brown body, and an mixture of metallic colors of feathers around her neck, and huge oversized glasses with Red Swarovski Crystals for her eyes -- she's terribly CUTE! -- for my BFF (sister-in-law's) mother. She LOVES Roosters! She turns 80 years old, this weekend. And, she loved it, when my BFF gave it to her today!

I painted an Idaho Mountain Blue Bird, representing my mother because my mother has Idaho plates with the Blue Bird on it and her pet name is "Momma Bird." Under the female Blue Bird is six eggs, which represent all of us siblings. I gave the Blue Bird Swarovski Crystals in Red, Pink and Teal crystals which represent the crown (for my mother). I mailed it off to her today, so she'll get it this Saturday, but will most likely pick it up on Monday. My mother turned 79, early in July. So there's only a years difference in age between my mother and my BFFs mother.

Right now, I'm working on an Christmas painting project for my BFF and her husband. They've been married for over 39 years. Her husband is 74, my Bff and I are nearly the same age (59). But my BFF saw the Mermaid I made for the person in our group project and loved it, so I am painting and special edition for them. My BFF is the Mermaid and her husband is and Octopus. The Mermaid will be floating in the sea to the left of the painting and the Octopus will be on the right side of the painting, with several of his tentacles reaching out and wrapping around the Mermaid. I laid the base paint tonight, will paint the Mermaid tomorrow, and paint the Octopus on Saturday, then add the extra sea shells and embellishments on Sunday. By Monday the painting should be dry (finished). It's on an nice long cut of pine board (oblong) and I bought metal hangers to make it easy for them to mount up on the wall space above their walk-in closet. It's coming together nicely. :)

After I return home from babysitting the pets and housesitting, next week, I'm going to paint two other special projects, which will be created upon two separate cuts of pine - oval in shape - and it's like a sample cut of an small diameter pine tree. The bark encases the cut of pine. I won't reveal at this time what either painting will be, but I'm gathering ideas, based on certain things either person I'm creating each painting for will like.

I hope everyone is enjoying the last of summer in August and I know there will be lots of excitement over Labor Day weekend, for some of you in our group, but I hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the summer and that festivities over Labor Day weekend will be exciting and full of Joy!!!

--K. :hk28:

clay 08-11-2018 10:31 AM

HOUSTON, we have touchdown!

According to the USPS tracking, my package was delivered to your mailbox @ 1158AM this morning!, CCB! Yay!

candy_coated_bitch 08-11-2018 03:21 PM

Got it, clay!!!

1) CCB - finished
2) clay -received
3) nanners
4) Kätzchen - received
5) Gemme
6) nycfem -received

candy_coated_bitch 08-11-2018 05:33 PM

clay did beautiful work, btw!!! :)

candy_coated_bitch 08-21-2018 06:08 PM

Helloooo pen pallers!!! Just checking in to see how you're doing on your mermaids Gemme and Nanners???? The projects are due Saturday the 25th and officially on the naughty list if not in my greedy little paws by September 1st.

Gemme 08-21-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch (Post 1222889)
Helloooo pen pallers!!! Just checking in to see how you're doing on your mermaids Gemme and Nanners???? The projects are due Saturday the 25th and officially on the naughty list if not in my greedy little paws by September 1st.

I warned y'all I'd be down to the wire. Can't. Get. It. Right.

I was totally wrong about being more Zen with this project.

:blink:

Okay, just so I know in case something bizarro happens....is Sept. 1st the last day to get it in before being on the naughty list or is Sept. 1st the 'on the naughty list' day?

candy_coated_bitch 08-21-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1222894)

I warned y'all I'd be down to the wire. Can't. Get. It. Right.

I was totally wrong about being more Zen with this project.

:blink:

Okay, just so I know in case something bizarro happens....is Sept. 1st the last day to get it in before being on the naughty list or is Sept. 1st the 'on the naughty list' day?

September 1st is the last day to get it in to me. If it's in my hands on the 1st you're good. It's a Saturday. Just in case that info is helpful at all. On the naughty list on the 2nd.

Sorry you're struggling so much with this project!!!

Gemme 08-22-2018 05:43 AM

I think it's an awesome project. I'm just having a hard time silencing my inner critic. I've never pretended to be an artist but I sure wish I could get the image out of my head onto paper in the same format as I see it. I have an army of 'nope, that's not it' pictures all over the place. Bah!

nanners 08-22-2018 06:49 AM

Gemme, I feel your pain. My project has been a comedy of errors. And a little part of me that’s an artist has also been saying what’s on my mind doesn’t come out on paper well. And I’m having a tough time, but I’ll make it in before September 1.

candy_coated_bitch 08-22-2018 11:19 AM

(((((Gemme and Nanners))))) I have every faith that your projects will be amazing! Just say no to inner critics! Can't wait to see what you've done.

Gemme 08-28-2018 02:04 PM

Okay! I think I've got it as good as it's going to get and will mail it out tomorrow. Definitely there on or before the 1st.

candy_coated_bitch 08-28-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1223444)
Okay! I think I've got it as good as it's going to get and will mail it out tomorrow. Definitely there on or before the 1st.

Awesome! Good job!!! I'm sure it's wonderful.

candy_coated_bitch 08-29-2018 04:27 PM

1) CCB - finished
2) clay -received
3) nanners - en route
4) Kätzchen - received
5) Gemme - en route
6) nycfem -received

Ok, this is looking good. Both Gemme's and nanner's project should be here by the 1st. We did it you guys! I will get the projects back out to you within two weeks as originally posted. I want to take extra care in packing these mermaids up so they will be safe and sound on their travels.

Gemme 08-29-2018 05:05 PM

You should have mine on Friday, CCB.

candy_coated_bitch 08-31-2018 06:00 PM

Gemme and Nanners, both of your mermaids arrived safe and sound!

Does anyone who did NOT fold their photocopies object to them being folded? I think the only person this applies to is nycfem. It would make life easier for me but I am prepared to send them in pristine condition if that's what you want.

candy_coated_bitch 08-31-2018 06:03 PM

PS, The folding wuestion does not apply to those who sent photos.

candy_coated_bitch 08-31-2018 08:46 PM

Ok, so I got excited and put everyone's packages together tonight!!! You should all have one piece of original art and four copies/photos of the rest of ours. I was confused by the math at first but no one needs a copy if their own work nor the original they are getting. So, phew, dodged a bullet there.

I highly doubt I will get to the post office tomorrow but will do so Monday. The packages are smallish bubble mailers and will be sent first class with tracking numbers. I will pm you each your tracking number as soon as they are mailed.

clay 09-01-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch (Post 1223741)
Ok, so I got excited and put everyone's packages together tonight!!! You should all have one piece of original art and four copies/photos of the rest of ours. I was confused by the math at first but no one needs a copy if their own work nor the original they are getting. So, phew, dodged a bullet there.

I highly doubt I will get to the post office tomorrow but will do so Monday. The packages are smallish bubble mailers and will be sent first class with tracking numbers. I will pm you each your tracking number as soon as they are mailed.

Whoohoo. I am so excited to "sea" everyone's creativity. Hey CCB, Monday is Labor Day.... :)

Kätzchen 09-01-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch (Post 1223741)

Very Nice! I can hardly wait to enjoy the summer Mermaid projects that our group worked on this past summer. :)

Thanks for hosting the summer round, CCB! :bunchflowers:

candy_coated_bitch 09-01-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clay (Post 1223762)
Whoohoo. I am so excited to "sea" everyone's creativity. Hey CCB, Monday is Labor Day.... :)

Ha. Thank you for pointing that out! I totally would have walked to the post office. Mailings to go out Tuesday!