Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Television (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7267)

*Anya* 11-07-2017 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dita (Post 1179612)
I've been watching walking dead season 8...so far I'm a bit bored with the beginning episodes but I hope it gets better.

Hi Dita! We have a Walking Dead thread and would love for you to post your thoughts on episodes or the show in general!

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)

- CELEBRITY, MUSIC, TELEVISION, INTERNET CULTURE (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...splay.php?f=97)

- - The Walking Dead: spoiler alerts please! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=8497)

:zombie:

*Anya* 11-14-2017 06:52 PM

A documentary

Next Monday night at 8:00PM on HBO:

Baltimore Rising

Kätzchen 12-11-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1110948)
I've been watching TV shows with my elderly roomie, Shirley.

Last night we watched Shark Tank....both of us weighing in on dilemmas presented by 'sharks' .... often noting the outrageous mindset behind their reasons of denial or approval of business proposals. Sometimes we'd look at each other with knowing silent glares...sometimes it was gigantic eye rolls, lol. : /

We always watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. That's our nightly 'church ' service. LOL

Shirley got me hooked on the TV show called The Voice.

I don't have TV at home, so returning home might be slightly awkward feeling after enjoying nearly a month of TV.

I need a TV now, with bunny ears.

Last year (Nov. 2016) Shirley and I were roommates at the nursing home....but she passed away last June (2017). Shirley had an very interesting hobby: she was a local celebrity in her hometown, as part of an acting troupe, putting on theater shows to raise money for local women's shelters and for disadvantaged children. Toward the end of my stay at the nursing home, I met her only daughter, who carries on in her mother's memory, directing projects to raise money via the theater troupe for Shirley's favorite local charities.

I miss her, we had such fun watching TV shows together after the supper hour.

*Anya* 12-21-2017 11:07 AM

Survivor, Season 35: PLEASE Note includes SPOILER: winner's name.

I have watched Survivor since the very first episode.

A lot of the seasons I did not really like part of the cast but always wound up enjoying it when the numbers got down to 6 or 7.

I usually root for the underdog but only if they have nerves of steel, a backbone (i.e., not like our current Congress and Senate) and are not cruel towards others (same).

Deception is part of the game but cruelty is not.

Ben the Marine.

Boy, did I feel an infinity for him. He is an Iraq war vet that came back with PTSD. He was tough as nails, was always focused on his mission but allowed his vulnerability to slip through; usually in reference to his wife and children. He would talk about how he was "in the gutter" when he came back from Iraq and how his wife "saved" him. His bright blue eyes would fill with tears and it would choke me up.

Yep. Hooked on Ben.

Blogs and articles did not think that he would win (and did not want him to) but he always knew that he really had no alliances, that everyone in the game wanted him out and that he could only count on himself.

He was relentless. He would search for idols for hours. I loved the 3 episodes when the other 4, 5, or 6 were so smug thinking that "we got him this this time" and no, no, they did not. It was classic.

It was beautiful to watch.

I guess, in some way, for me; goodness won out this time and I don't see much of that happening in our world these days.

Kätzchen 01-12-2018 12:33 PM

I couldn't find the forum thread for documentaries, but I'm watching the documentary about Moms Mabley, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg and other Afro-American celebrity stand up comedian's. Excellent doc and SO VERY informative. If you've never heard of Moms Mabley, I highly recommend watching this documentary. :)

homoe 01-12-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1192411)
I couldn't find the forum thread for documentaries, but I'm watching the documentary about Moms Mabley, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg and other Afro-American celebrity stand up comedian's. Excellent doc and SO VERY informative. If you've never heard of Moms Mabley, I highly recommend watching this documentary. :)

Yes, I agree very interesting indeed!

homoe 09-02-2018 05:31 PM

For anyone interested ........

CNN will premiere the critically-acclaimed ‘RBG,’ for television Monday, Sept. 3, at 9:00pm and 12:00am Eastern (6:00pm and 9:00pm Pacific) on CNN/U.S.

The film, directed by Betsy West and Julie Cohen, explores the singular legal legacy and life of U.S. Supreme Court Justice, and multigenerational pop culture icon, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

homoe 09-02-2018 05:41 PM

Reboot of Murphy Brown........

Candice Bergen, 71, is set to return as the show's eponymous main character.

The reboot of the 18-time Emmy Award-winning series will feature the smart, straight-talking TV journalist, but this time in a "world of cable news, social media, fake news, and a very different political and cultural climate,". This time around, Murphy will anchor a cable morning show called Murphy in the Morning.

As far as I can tell the first episode airs on Thursday September 27th.

homoe 09-12-2018 02:58 PM

PBS The Great American Read...

If someone has already posted about this in another thread please forgive me but I just caught the second installment of this last night and it's wonderful!
The first installment is available to watch online at PBS.org

This series features entertaining and informative documentary segments, with compelling testimonials from celebrities, authors, notable Americans and book lovers across the country. It investigates how and why writers create their fictional worlds, how we as readers are affected by these stories, and what these books have to say about our diverse nation and our shared human experience.

If you're a book lover you'll enjoy this series!

homoe 09-13-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1224823)
If someone has already posted about this in another thread please forgive me but I just caught the second installment of this last night and it's wonderful!

This series features entertaining and informative documentary segments, with compelling testimonials from celebrities, authors, notable Americans and book lovers across the country. It investigates how and why writers create their fictional worlds, how we as readers are affected by these stories, and what these books have to say about our diverse nation and our shared human experience.

I neglected to mention Meredith Vieira hosts this..

homoe 09-13-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1224823)

This airs on Tuesday evenings but double check your listing on PBS

ProfPacker 09-15-2018 07:15 PM

Atypical is an amazing show. Although it is focused on Neurotypical folks, it is really a show for all. I am sad that the second season is over for me. I can't wait for season 3, if there is a season 3.

homoe 11-14-2018 12:45 PM

The Clinton Affair...

Documentary A&E Sunday Nov 18th (6 parts) ..............

With "The Clinton Affair," Monica Lewinsky is ready to revisit the 1998 sex scandal that nearly unraveled Bill Clinton's presidency, and she hopes by doing so she can retire the term "Lewinsky scandal" once and for all.

"I think 20 years is enough time to carry that mantle," the former White House intern, now 45, writes in a new Vanity Fair essay published Tuesday.

Sidebar: Blair Foster, the doc’s director, says nothing was off-limits. President Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declined to participate.

homoe 11-16-2018 11:20 AM

A heads up........

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight.

homoe 11-19-2018 10:57 AM

Watched 1 episode of......

Escape At Dannemora (Showtime) Benicio Del Toro, Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano, Bonnie Hunt

An employee at a prison in upstate New York becomes romantically involved with a pair of inmates and helps them escape.

Arquette is wonderfully cast in the role of Tilly & Del Toro is his usual creepy self.... so far I'm enjoying it.......:hangloose:

Orema 12-01-2018 01:04 PM

OGs

Watching the Petrified Forrest with Leslie Howard, Bette Davis, and Humphrey Bogart on Turner Classic Movies.

homoe 12-09-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1232247)
Escape At Dannemora (Showtime) Benicio Del Toro, Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano, Bonnie Hunt

An employee at a prison in upstate New York becomes romantically involved with a pair of inmates and helps them escape.

Arquette is wonderfully cast in the role of Tilly & Del Toro is his usual creepy self.... so far I'm enjoying it.......:hangloose:

This is so good IMHO...it's airing on Showtime on Sunday Evening!

Sidebar: This is based on a true story

ProfPacker 12-22-2018 09:04 PM

I am taking a break from grading, only 20 more to go. I am watching a totally sick show on HBO: Sally4Ever

ProfPacker 12-22-2018 11:27 PM

I take it back, it ended up being a little to gross and demeaning to lesbians.

ksrainbow 12-22-2018 11:43 PM

Relatable

It may not be TV but it was on Netflix...

Ellens first stand up in 15yrs.

Totally enjoyed her renewed stand-up show :)

Ks-