Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Little Things You Tell Yourself To Get You Through (A/The) Rough Spot (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5953)

Greyson 02-11-2013 03:11 PM

There has got to be a lesson in all of this. Now, I need to be here and present to learn what that lesson is. (Easier said then done, much of the time.)

Sweet Bliss 02-20-2013 02:47 PM

Usually just, "You've survived worse, you still have a sense of humor, everything will be okay, maybe you just need a nap."

Sounds silly, but a nap changes everything. Gives the body a chance to recuperate, stops the stress reaction.

:ohm:

Gráinne 02-20-2013 02:49 PM

Something I learned in Weight Watchers, that I'm using for everything-write down exactly what I want, in measureable terms. Then I get my mind behind it, that I can do it.

MarquisdeShey 02-20-2013 02:49 PM

"Tell me I can't and watch as I do."

StrongButch 02-20-2013 02:52 PM

Things

I pull out a map and say fella where would you like to take pictures. Then I book a flight and book a room at a gay resort. Then I begin to sing I will survive! (lol)

maryam 02-21-2013 10:18 AM

I have two silly ones, but they work. I tell myself: "You're not a speshul snowflake. Snowflakes melt when the heat's on, and you're still here!"

And if that doesn't work, "You can't take your kitties if you go to jail, and there's no bubble baths there either."

Sometimes they help.

Rockinonahigh 02-21-2013 11:47 AM

many times I have just sat back,took a deep breath,then a long drink of a very cold coke...then said to myself.This will pass...think clearly...cary on coutiously.Most of the time it works,but when it dosent and I have tryed it all,I get my war shield on and prepare to do it the easyest hard way possable for me to come out in the best way possable.

WingsOnFire 02-21-2013 11:55 AM

Well there are things I tell myself and things I do...when my depression is bugging me I tell myself to get up from my desk and go sit in the sun. And then I do it.

When stress is overwhelming me I tell myself to breathe... Well actually Sir tells me to "breathe.... Breathe...." It so helps to just focus on His voice and breathe.

TheMerryFairy 02-21-2013 12:02 PM

I take a deep breath and remind myself that I am free. I might not have complete control over what happens but I can choose to be happy.

PearlsNLace 02-22-2013 03:19 PM

I am easily overwhelmed by the big, the complex and my imagination will turn hard things in to potentially horrible things when contemplating the potential effects what ever *this* current bad thing is.

So I break it down.

I first remind myself, rather quickly, of what is positive now- roof over head that is mostly functional? Check.
Me, my butch, and furbabies currently have food that will sustain us? Check.
for this moment, car is functioning? check

Ok. now one foot in front of the other- what do I need to do IN THIS MOMENT about the current situation?

and then I take it in moments by moments until I forget I am needing to put one foot in front of the other and I am just DOING it.

And then, somehow,

it gets better.

NickE TimeLord 02-22-2013 04:18 PM

odd but true

:jester:..ahem.. i either talk to the Great Mother .. or i talk to my 4 Guardian Angels..who are Ellen Ripley(Alien)Emma Peel ( The Avengers) and Miss Brenda and Miss Yasmin ( Bagdad Cafe )..starting with Mrs.Peel when i was a child, i've always felt i had these women looking after me and looking out for me.. strange but true..even in the worst of times i still feel them around me,caring about me,more than occasionally getting pissed at me for not getting out of my own way.. i think everybody gets to find their own Angels, wherever or whoever they may be.. although i think of them more as Warriors than Angels..oooh yeah well i kind of think of Xena,Gabrielle and River Song as Guardian Warriors too..except i'm not sure it's kosher to lust after your Guardians..let's just call them my Alternate Universe Wives...much better... ask my about my theory that everything fictional created by the human mind actually exists in some other universe..especially unsettling when you think of Pinhead and Hannibal Lector..

KCBUTCH 02-22-2013 08:48 PM

I tell myself
It will be ok it is always ok, you will and can get through this,
The universe carries you and it did not save you from the ocean to let you drown in the bath tub...
things have been much worse and only amazing things can come out of this,
but the only way out is through

Go be of service... it will help, call someone -anyone and ask how they are.

girl_dee 06-05-2013 06:36 PM

i avoid thinking about things that upset me..

they creep up on me but i am good at putting things out of my head and diverting

puddin' 06-08-2013 06:16 PM

"i think i can, i think i can..." (and, yes, i sometimes make dat choo-choo sound too!)

FemmeItalian 06-08-2013 06:36 PM

Something like this....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...80568971_n.jpg

deb_U_taunt 07-15-2013 11:42 AM

suck it up, buttercup

Glenn 07-15-2013 12:22 PM

I will locate and hire a great pet sitter, and play and win the powerball tomorrow.

kittygrrl 02-13-2018 09:25 AM

It's not forever, you can get thru this..

Katniss 02-13-2018 02:13 PM

When faced with a challenging situation or something I just plain old don't want to do, I tell myself "You don't have to do this, you get to do this." Saying that helps bring me back to the most grounding and strong of all emotions, gratitude. So whether jury duty, housework, exercise or career strife I remind myself how fortunate I am to have a home that needs cleaning, a judicial system with representation, a healthy and able body that deserves care or a job to go to each day.

Katniss~~.

Lovely 02-13-2018 02:42 PM

It gets better, You just gotta get over this hurdle.