Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quotes, Poems, & Sayings... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111)

JakeTulane 05-05-2010 10:37 AM

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.” - Buddha

JakeTulane 05-05-2010 10:38 AM

“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” - Kahlil Gibran

JakeTulane 05-05-2010 10:40 AM

“Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond the pain.” - Saint Bartholomew

SassyLeo 05-05-2010 11:01 AM

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

-Mohandas Gandhi

The_Lady_Snow 05-05-2010 11:27 AM

Sue Sylvester

"Well let me buy a small diaper for your chin, because it looks like a baby's ass"

moxie 05-05-2010 06:53 PM

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing. " — Charles Bukowski

Enchantress 05-05-2010 06:57 PM

“This bridge will only take you halfway there, to those mysterious lands you long to see. Through gypsy camps and swirling Arab fair, and moonlit woods where unicorns run free. So come and walk awhile with me and share the twisting trails and wonderous worlds Ive known. But this bridge will only take you halfway there. The last few steps you have to take alone.”

~ Shel Silverstein

tuffboi29 05-05-2010 08:43 PM

My quote for the day...

The past does not determine your furture.
-unknown

Massive 05-05-2010 09:06 PM

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." - [Matthew 7:12]

Enchantress 05-05-2010 09:37 PM

"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh," he whispered.

"Yes, Piglet?"

"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."

~ Winnie the Pooh Quotes

katzietootle 05-06-2010 01:34 AM

<-----if you ask me how many times you've crossed my mind,i'll say once...because you never left

Diva 05-06-2010 03:46 AM

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.

~Tenneva Jordan

Diva 05-06-2010 03:48 AM

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

~Author Unknown

Diva 05-06-2010 03:50 AM

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.

~Victor Hugo

Medusa 05-06-2010 05:17 AM

Tired

Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way."
Charles Bukowski

Nat 05-06-2010 05:42 AM

But what was there to say?
Only that there were tears. Only that Quietness and Emptiness fitted together like stacked spoons. Only that there was a snuffling in the hollows at the base of a lovely throat. Only that a hard honeycolored shoulder had a semicircle of teethmarks on it. Only that they held each other close, long after it was over. Only that what they shared that night was not happiness, but hideous grief.
Only that once again they broke the Love Laws. That lay down who should be loved. And how. And how much.

- Arundhati Roy - The God of Small Things

Glenn 05-06-2010 06:01 AM

In shallow men the fish of little thoughts cause much commotion. In oceanic minds the whales of inspiration make hardly a ruffle." A saying from the Hindu scriptures

JakeTulane 05-06-2010 06:13 AM

"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe." - Voltaire

JakeTulane 05-06-2010 06:16 AM

"Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean." - Maya Angelou

JakeTulane 05-06-2010 06:19 AM

"For if there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life." - Albert Camus