Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What is on your mind (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147)

C0LLETTE 03-07-2020 03:40 PM

I am wondering whether people here find my posts amusing or even worthwhile. Paucity of responses. Maybe I should just give up. If you have an opinion, please let me know. I promise not to be offended.

PS: I'm also better good-looking than Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders and a terrific Dom top ...so vote for me in 2020

Kätzchen 03-07-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1262564)
Here's an amazing fact:

The most recent study from the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon Conwell puts the number of Christian denominations and sects at 43,000.

Could be a good conversation here.

It might make for a good conversation, the topic of discussion you propose, but maybe we could think of it in terms of A) a new subplot for the film called "Analyze That" or B) a new way of looking at how many people fell for a ton of crap from a not well polished pulpit which stopped the members of all 43K sects of failing religious tenets to see the biggo red flag which could have spared them from falling for all that disinformation campaign.

Btw, how are you these days?

:tea:

Kätzchen 03-07-2020 04:57 PM

To be compliant with Wolfy's thread, here is what has been on my mind (lately):

I think this whole Covid-19 thing is a sham. I think the dirty rotten scoundrels of the GOP are cashing in on people's fears: People who believe everything they read in the news and that because people are afraid of catching some virus, of millions of viruses already on earth and online (the Web),that they will rob everyone of their secret stash of cash, right in plain sight.

Cash based prejudice. If there is such a thing, which I am sure there is.

Just look at how the Republicans and their sort are coming up with evil ways of robbing everyone of any source of income that some people might have available to spend.

I know, I know, I should find better things to think about.

homoe 03-07-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygrrl (Post 1263057)
going out to dinner w my crew..what i'm in the mood for:chocolate:

postscript..nude satin joggers w blk racer stripe, matching jacket, black lace cami, so far..

Well contrary to that idiom, you're all dressed up WITH somewhere to go...:hangloose:

homoe 03-07-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1263062)
I am wondering whether people here find my posts amusing or even worthwhile. Paucity of responses. Maybe I should just give up. If you have an opinion, please let me know. I promise not to be offended.

PS: I'm also better good-looking than Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders and a terrific Dom top ...so vote for me in 2020

TOTALLY amusing.........

GeorgiaMa'am 03-07-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1263066)
To be compliant with Wolfy's thread, here is what has been on my mind (lately):

I think this whole Covid-19 thing is a sham. I think the dirty rotten scoundrels of the GOP are cashing in on people's fears: People who believe everything they read in the news and that because people are afraid of catching some virus, of millions of viruses already on earth and online (the Web),that they will rob everyone of their secret stash of cash, right in plain sight.

Cash based prejudice. If there is such a thing, which I am sure there is.

Just look at how the Republicans and their sort are coming up with evil ways of robbing everyone of any source of income that some people might have available to spend.

I know, I know, I should find better things to think about.

There are always people who will take advantage of a situation that is bad for other people - like people who raise gas prices in a crisis. In this case, I do think "the Republicans and their sort" are looking for a way to spin COVID-19 that is to their advantage.

I get a lot of my news from the BBC - I don't know that they are especially any more honest than other media folk, but it is a way to get a different view of what other people in the world (not Americans) think is important at the moment. The BBC has been covering COVID-19 heavily since its outbreak in China.

Tonight I was listening to a BBC program called "Over To You", in which listeners call in and ask questions about a theme. The theme this week was "How is the BBC's news agenda decided?" and they addressed some of the topics I have seen come up in this thread. It was recorded this past Wednesday, so the main topic at their editorial morning meeting was COVID-19. They noted that this story has been the top headline for several weeks now, and will probably continue to be for awhile. There were two callers from the U.S. - one who thought the BBC's presentation of the news was well-balanced and one who thought the language was "too alarmist" and is causing panic rather than helping people take precautions. Someone from another country also said that perhaps the stories are too alarming. The BBC host pointed out that their coverage of the virus has changed somewhat over time.

The BBC host also spoke about statistics and information gathering that they do to see what kind of news people are aware of, i.e. what they're absorbing from the news and their environment, and trying to supplement that in the upcoming news with the most important FAQs. (Right now there are lots of hand-washing stories . . .)

A gentleman from India suggested that they should have more success stories about people who have survived COVID-19 to raise hope and reduce the fear-mongering. The BBC host explained that this kind of story has been difficult to get, because anyone who tests positive for the virus is quarantined for 14 days, and that time period is only just now ending for the people who first got it. They did say they have been able to get those kind of stories for a couple of days now, and the reporters are all trying to get these stories.

Just a few interesting thoughts. If you're interested, the show is called "Over To You" and they have a podcast by the same name. This was the 3/7/2020 episode.

Kätzchen 03-07-2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1263081)
There are always people who will take advantage of a situation that is bad for other people - like people who raise gas prices in a crisis. In this case, I do think "the Republicans and their sort" are looking for a way to spin COVID-19 that is to their advantage.

I get a lot of my news from the BBC - I don't know that they are especially any more honest than other media folk, but it is a way to get a different view of what other people in the world (not Americans) think is important at the moment. The BBC has been covering COVID-19 heavily since its outbreak in China.

Tonight I was listening to a BBC program called "Over To You", in which listeners call in and ask questions about a theme. The theme this week was "How is the BBC's news agenda decided?" and they addressed some of the topics I have seen come up in this thread. It was recorded this past Wednesday, so the main topic at their editorial morning meeting was COVID-19. They noted that this story has been the top headline for several weeks now, and will probably continue to be for awhile. There were two callers from the U.S. - one who thought the BBC's presentation of the news was well-balanced and one who thought the language was "too alarmist" and is causing panic rather than helping people take precautions. Someone from another country also said that perhaps the stories are too alarming. The BBC host pointed out that their coverage of the virus has changed somewhat over time.

The BBC host also spoke about statistics and information gathering that they do to see what kind of news people are aware of, i.e. what they're absorbing from the news and their environment, and trying to supplement that in the upcoming news with the most important FAQs. (Right now there are lots of hand-washing stories . . .)

A gentleman from India suggested that they should have more success stories about people who have survived COVID-19 to raise hope and reduce the fear-mongering. The BBC host explained that this kind of story has been difficult to get, because anyone who tests positive for the virus is quarantined for 14 days, and that time period is only just now ending for the people who first got it. They did say they have been able to get those kind of stories for a couple of days now, and the reporters are all trying to get these stories.

Just a few interesting thoughts. If you're interested, the show is called "Over To You" and they have a podcast by the same name. This was the 3/7/2020 episode.

Thanks Georgia, I'll check out that pod cast. I'm always interested in pod casts and sure do appreciate your suggestion for this particular one. :rrose:

:tea:

kittygrrl 03-07-2020 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1263070)
Well contrary to that idiom, you're all dressed up WITH somewhere to go...:hangloose:

it was fun H...a little more then usual:praying:

homoe 03-08-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygrrl (Post 1263093)
it was fun H...a little more then usual:praying:

https://quotecanyon.com/wp-content/u...o-be-light.jpg

kittygrrl 03-08-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1263108)

for H ..

C0LLETTE 03-08-2020 10:32 AM

COME BACK DAPPER BUTCH...I MISS YOU.

JDeere 03-08-2020 02:57 PM

Triple making sure I have all my ducks in a row before I leave out in 12 days, for my trip to see my siblings.

Orema 03-14-2020 06:27 PM

Taxes

I haven’t even started working my income tax return and I have month left.

Looking forward to April 16th.

GeorgiaMa'am 03-14-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1263465)
I haven’t even started working my income tax return and I have month left.

Looking forward to April 16th.

Thanks for the reminder! It had totally slipped my mind!

JDeere 03-15-2020 11:47 AM

That it was smart to file my taxes way early!

Actually took less than 6 weeks to get my return!

No more waiting till April.

Bèsame* 03-15-2020 09:08 PM

I have a part time gig, that is closing g down for two weeks. Such a wonderful place to work..I'm getting paid while we are shut down. Most of you will be jealous, giggling.

Orema 03-20-2020 09:08 AM

Woik

I'm in the office. Have been given permission by the owners to come in as an essential onsite employee. I'll work from home, but not when I have to do "heavy lifting" on the server.

Trying to get lots done today so I don't have work like a mad woman over the weekend from home or the office.

I am the only person on campus right now but a couple people will be in soon.

The cleaning crew isn't cleaning our offices, just the common areas. I can work with that.

Taking things one day at a time.

Can barely remember the last time I touched someone or was touched by another.

GeorgiaMa'am 03-20-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1263734)
Can barely remember the last time I touched someone or was touched by another.

Sounds like a sad country song. Maybe you can spend some of your free time writing lyrics! :)

JustLovelyJenn 03-20-2020 04:08 PM

I dont do so well with social isolation...

JDeere 03-20-2020 08:04 PM

Actually being able to sleep through the night...

Sleep has been spotty lately