Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Cead Mile Failte (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205)

chrisbutch 11-11-2009 07:22 AM

Cead Mile Failte

Ok let me be the first to start the Irish forum!! Hopefully we can get some Irish butches and femmes to pop in, and get a community going!!
Tar isteach agus dean tu fein sa bhaile!!

Diva 11-11-2009 01:53 PM

I'm not sure what You just said, but I know my Irish heart melted a little to read it.......

~Diva

Ciaran 11-11-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbutch (Post 3219)
Ok let me be the first to start the Irish forum!! Hopefully we can get some Irish butches and femmes to pop in, and get a community going!!

I'm from the good part of the island of Ireland (Belfast) :cool: .... live in London .... and get back to Ulster every few weeks.

Tommi 11-11-2009 04:31 PM

Celtic way

A hundred thousand welcomes back to you. A wee bit away from Irelenad , but not too far. http://www.skyebackpackers.com/userfiles/map_skye.jpg

A Scottish trail from the Isle of Skye the Mc Leod's raised the Sheltland Sheepdogs I hope.

Andrew, Jr. 11-11-2009 05:23 PM

Great thread! Thank you for starting it up.

Namaste,
Andrew

tmbyfem 11-12-2009 07:59 PM

I'm a bit fond of the Emerald Isle... OK More than a bit :)

I've been to Belfast, Dublin and fell in love with the wild coastline of the Giant's Causeway and Donegal and hope to come back someday.

Jaques 11-13-2009 04:48 AM

hello to you in Ireland and Scotland, beautiful countries both of them, bit slow on this thread as yet, but keep it goin.............GJ

Petal Soft 11-13-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbutch (Post 3219)

:oPetal is in the building!!

chrisbutch 11-15-2009 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 3358)
I'm not sure what You just said, but I know my Irish heart melted a little to read it.......

~Diva

Hi Diva!! Thanks for dropping by!! What I said was, welcome and come in and make yourself at home!!
You know the Irish, the kettle is always on the boil..........
Have a great weekend!!:)
[/I]

chrisbutch 11-15-2009 06:36 AM

Hi and thanks to all who posted!! Have a great weekend everyone!!:):welcome:

chrisbutch 11-15-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petal Soft (Post 4805)
:oPetal is in the building!!

;):D Thanks for dropping by Ms Petal.......cup of tea??:

suebee 11-15-2009 08:32 AM

I grew up seeing "Ciad Mille Failte" posted everywhere, so I actually understood the title. I'm from the Island of Cape Breton, off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, where gaelic customs are alive and well in the "New World". Being a Scottish/Irish hybrid, I'm glad to see my "Old World" cousins on the site! Welcome! And bring a little of the motherland's charm and culture to us now and again!

Sue :floatbee:

Arwen 11-15-2009 10:47 AM

Oh what a lovely place to be! My aunt has gone back to Ireland and connected with our cousins there. I am not sure where they are but they are Kanes and Lynches at the closest connection.

Some day I will visit there and I will also go to Annandale, Scotland where my Johnston clan was from.

I'll have tea, please. :) Biscuits too?

chrisbutch 11-18-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersuebee (Post 5713)
I grew up seeing "Ciad Mille Failte" posted everywhere, so I actually understood the title. I'm from the Island of Cape Breton, off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, where gaelic customs are alive and well in the "New World". Being a Scottish/Irish hybrid, I'm glad to see my "Old World" cousins on the site! Welcome! And bring a little of the motherland's charm and culture to us now and again!

Sue :floatbee:

Welcome Sue!! Conas ata tu? ( how are you ? ) Drop in anytime and I will have the cupla focail ( couple of words ) of the Gaeilge for ya!!
Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 5756)
Oh what a lovely place to be! My aunt has gone back to Ireland and connected with our cousins there. I am not sure where they are but they are Kanes and Lynches at the closest connection.

Some day I will visit there and I will also go to Annandale, Scotland where my Johnston clan was from.

I'll have tea, please. :) Biscuits too?

Cupan tae ( cup of tea ) coming right up!! Would you like some Irish Barm Brack with that??

Arwen 11-18-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbutch (Post 8030)
Welcome Sue!! Conas ata tu? ( how are you ? ) Drop in anytime and I will have the cupla focail ( couple of words ) of the Gaeilge for ya!!
Chris

Cupan tae ( cup of tea ) coming right up!! Would you like some Irish Barm Brack with that??

Yes, please and thank you. And um, maybe? :D

rockybcn 03-27-2010 12:45 PM

Hola Chris and All!

I hope to make plans for a visit to Ireland in the near future. I look forward in seeing your beautiful country and sitting in a pub and partaking of my fill o' Kilkenneys. I can't get that beer here in Spain or when I lived in the USA...that ails me to no end! Best brew in my humble opinion.
If anyone makes it to Barcelona...give me a holler. There is no BF community here.

GOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo Barça!!!!!!!!

Sabine Gallais 04-16-2010 05:30 AM

Is fheàrr teine beag a gharas na teine mòr a loisgeas.

CherryFemme 04-23-2010 12:19 AM

Mé pósta dtí beag duine ó Corcaigh.

chrisbutch 04-23-2010 10:08 AM

Dia dhuit a chairde.......i see we have a few more Irish since i was last here.......conas ata tu?

canyon 02-23-2011 05:01 PM

volunteer opportunities

hi there....i'm interested in travelling to ireland within the next two years and would like to also contribute some of my time and skills--while learning new things and meeting new people!--whilst out there.

i'm a 2nd year apprentice carpenter, have heaps of agriculture experience and also can jump into almost anything anyway.

i've heard of wwoofing and this will be an option but i'm wondering who may have an ear of some new projects coming up.....or any ongoing projects out that way.....

i look forward to any response you might have.....and who knows....? maybe we'll even get to cross paths some day.....!!