Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What does your username mean? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338)

Waldo 11-18-2009 09:39 PM

What does your username mean?

I'm always intrigued by usernames on forums and the stories behind them. So tell us about your username and why you chose it, what the meaning behind it is, etc.

I chose "Waldo" here as a nod to my evolution.

I travel a lot and regularly get emails and texts from friends asking "Where are you?" so with a nod to the Where's Waldo books I settled on Waldo.

Your turn.

Diva 11-18-2009 09:41 PM

I sing.

Therefore, I'm Diva. ;)

MizzSabra 11-18-2009 09:49 PM

In my last relationship, my boi called me Miss Sabra. I wanted a new user name for another site and was trying to think of something catchy....

So I just altered the Miss to Mizz (cause Miss just doesn't suit me) and Sabra is actually my real name. It's so unusual that I thought I didn't need to have another name.

:rubberducky:

evolveme 11-18-2009 09:51 PM

Waldo, I will think of you as DIAB for a while, I'm sure, but I love Waldo and the reason for it.

When I came up with evolveme, I was high into "conscious evolution," the theory that we are, for the most part, as physically evolved as we are going to get (a theory I no longer necessarily hold), being that more and more people are being born without wisdom teeth, and well, some other things I could bore you with, but won't. Anyway, this theory is that where the evolution for homo sapiens is now really taking place is the brain/mind.

And that if we want to harness our evolutionary potential, we will participate in it by becoming more and more aware, more conscious, so to speak. We will utilize more of our brain capacity and choose to be alive in it.

Anyway, I was on this big kick, right? I mean, like a HUGE kick. I was basically a Ken Wilber fanatic. I've since moved on a little. I hit an existential crisis, you might say, but anyway, "evolve me" is kind of a call, a request. It says, do something for my mind. Challenge me. Help me grow.

Give me something interesting to think about.

(I don't know how/why anyone ever confused it with my saying that I *am* evolved. That seems pretty fucking ridiculous to me, but folks sometimes have. I must be a big inflated meanie, I reckon. Grrr.)

Waldo 11-18-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 8270)
I sing.

Therefore, I'm Diva. ;)

Indeed you do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzSabra (Post 8279)
In my last relationship, my boi called me Miss Sabra. I wanted a new user name for another site and was trying to think of something catchy....

So I just altered the Miss to Mizz (cause Miss just doesn't suit me) and Sabra is actually my real name. It's so unusual that I thought I didn't need to have another name.

:rubberducky:

I must admit.... it is unusual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolveme (Post 8285)
Waldo, I will think of you as DIAB for a while, I'm sure, but I love Waldo and the reason for it.

When I came up with evolveme, I was high into "conscious evolution," the theory that we are, for the most part, as physically evolved as we are going to get (a theory I no longer necessarily hold), being that more and more people are being born without wisdom teeth, and well, some other things I could bore you with, but won't. Anyway, this theory is that where the evolution for homo sapiens is now really taking place is the brain/mind.

And that if we want to harness our evolutionary potential, we will participate in it by becoming more and more aware, more conscious, so to speak. We will utilize more of our brain capacity and choose to be alive in it.

Anyway, I was on this big kick, right? I mean, like a HUGE kick. I was basically a Ken Wilber fanatic. I've since moved on a little. I hit an existential crisis, you might say, but anyway, "evolve me" is kind of a call, a request. It says, do something for my mind. Challenge me. Help me grow.

Give me something interesting to think about.

(I don't know how/why anyone ever confused it with my saying that I *am* evolved. That seems pretty fucking ridiculous to me, but folks sometimes have. I must be a big inflated meanie, I reckon. Grrr.)

I don't know that we'd ever talked about that before, but I absolutely got it. You love a good mind more than almost anyone else I know.

I was DIAB for over a decade. It's followed me from site to site to site. It's kind of sad to put it behind me, but I think it was time. Necessary in many ways and for many reasons.

Arwen 11-18-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldo (Post 8263)
I'm always intrigued by usernames on forums and the stories behind them. So tell us about your username and why you chose it, what the meaning behind it is, etc.

I chose "Waldo" here as a nod to my evolution.

I travel a lot and regularly get emails and texts from friends asking "Where are you?" so with a nod to the Where's Waldo books I settled on Waldo.

Your turn.

So my name is from Tolkien and is because I fell in with a bad crowd in high school.

Okay, so they weren't bad...they were just a bunch of Star Trek geeks gone down a hobbit trail. The guy I dated was called Strider. I'm dark haired and fair-skinned. Therefore I got tagged with Arwen.

So this is actually the name I go by and have in all aspects of my life except business for many years.

I can always tell when someone doesn't know me.

They call me Stephanie.:tarot:

Arwen 11-18-2009 10:17 PM

P. to the S. You will always be either SquareDyke or my best Sushi date in my heart.

For those that weren't there, Waldo and I met at a Bash. I was sitting on a couch with others and Waldo waved at me. I did not have a CLUE because I am bad at face recognition.

So Waldo helpfully draws a "box" in the air and I say...loudly and in public, "SquareDyke?"

Yeah. It was a classic Arwen moment. :)

Waldo 11-18-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 8312)
P. to the S. You will always be either SquareDyke or my best Sushi date in my heart.

For those that weren't there, Waldo and I met at a Bash. I was sitting on a couch with others and Waldo waved at me. I did not have a CLUE because I am bad at face recognition.

So Waldo helpfully draws a "box" in the air and I say...loudly and in public, "SquareDyke?"

Yeah. It was a classic Arwen moment. :)

Shush. You keep telling that story about me waving and people will start thinking I'm friendly.

Arwen 11-18-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldo (Post 8321)
Shush. You keep telling that story about me waving and people will start thinking I'm friendly.

There was only one finger involved in the waving.

Is that better?

NotAnAverageGuy 11-18-2009 10:37 PM

My name just means what it says, I am not an average guy, by any means!!!!

I try to keep it simple and simply stated!!!!

Passionaria 11-18-2009 10:41 PM

Passionaria is Spanish for Passionflower~:sparklyheart: Pashi

Oiler41 11-18-2009 10:43 PM

My Username

When I was in my early 40's (hence, 41) I started visiting online websites and communities that required me to have a screen name or username. Since, at the time, I was working in the refining industry (hence, Oiler) I added a touch of my profession and my age together to get my username. Since the Oilers were still an NFL team in Houston then, most folks just thought I was a big fan of theirs. Not. So there you have it; nothing too spectacular, lol.

Glynn

Arwen 11-18-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiler41 (Post 8357)
When I was in my early 40's (hence, 41) I started visiting online websites and communities that required me to have a screen name or username. Since, at the time, I was working in the refining industry (hence, Oiler) I added a touch of my profession and my age together to get my username. Since the Oilers were still an NFL team in Houston then, most folks just thought I was a big fan of theirs. Not. So there you have it; nothing too spectacular, lol.

Glynn

I'd have to reconsider how much I like you if you were an Oiler fan.

Oiler41 11-18-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 8401)
I'd have to reconsider how much I like you if you were an Oiler fan.

Nope,,I'm a Saints fan,,among a few other teams. I was a fan all the way back before the days of the unknown Saints fan, lol. Never did much care for the Oilers,,and I guess Houston didn't either since they left!

Glynn

Arwen 11-18-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiler41 (Post 8411)
Nope,,I'm a Saints fan,,among a few other teams. I was a fan all the way back before the days of the unknown Saints fan, lol. Never did much care for the Oilers,,and I guess Houston didn't either since they left!

Glynn

Bagheads to the end, baby! All though this year...may not need bags! :cheerleader:

Just_G 11-18-2009 11:43 PM

Mine is pretty easy to figure out. When I introduce myself to people and tell them my name is G, they always tilt their head to the side....I then say, "Just G....just the letter G."
So, here I am.:barmartini:

Now, you might wonder what the G stands for...well, it could be many things: gigalo, goofball, gentleman, geek...you fill in the blank! :deepthoughts:

Gemme 11-19-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just_G (Post 8428)
Mine is pretty easy to figure out. When I introduce myself to people and tell them my name is G, they always tilt their head to the side....I then say, "Just G....just the letter G."
So, here I am.:barmartini:

Now, you might wonder what the G stands for...well, it could be many things: gigalo, goofball, gentleman, geek...you fill in the blank! :deepthoughts:

*waves*

I know! I know!

But I'm not tellin', no matter how hard they squeeze me to find out. :fart:

My user name is a nickname of sorts for another user name I had for a few years. It was GemmeFemme. For most folks, it was easy to see the repetition and play on sound. For some, they insisted on calling me "Gimme" Femme. What's up with THAT? :confused:

I'm a Gemini and that's really the core of everything because it's the core of me. So, since this place is light and airy and uber casual, I decided to relax and just go with Gemme.

Those that love me a little more than others sometime call me Gemmie or Gemmilicious. It makes my heart :cheer::awww::sparklyheart: when they do.

Curley 11-19-2009 01:07 AM

I actually have no idea why I changed my name from curley to twinkle toes:confused:
Oh I know, I had a menopausal brain thought, and thought it was a good idea at the time:deepthoughts:
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Petal Soft 11-19-2009 03:29 AM

Intersting stories, I hope I will have more post to read. I think usernames really conjur up thoughts and feelings about people before you even communictae..or is it just me??!

I chose mine cus I was feeling a little battered form life and didnt really feel very delicate at the time as I was having to dig deep for the guts to deal with some issues, my name gave me a little comfort, like coming back to myself if you like.

I have seen one that reads like aload of symbols....*%@?....etc....how on earth do you pronounce that??!! :pointing:

~~~Petal~~~