Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

Kätzchen 05-02-2020 03:10 PM

Can ya all stand another post about how to make a great mask?

I hope so. :)

So, my mom (The 80 year old RN) showed me the mask that she recently was gifted. It was made from a bra. So, today, I have an strapless bra I have not worn in years and it's in good condition. Guess what I did? ;)

No bra burning here. I put my strapless, underwire bra to good use. It only took ten minutes to make two excellent masks.

And for those of you who know me really well, lol, it's gotta have bling too.

Directions on how to make the Strapless Bra Mask:

1) cut the two bra cups free, by cutting along the sides of each cup.
2) carefully take the elastic ear pieces from a used mask that you can no longer wear and set them free from the paper mask they sit on.
3) stitch the elastic ear pieces along the outside of the cup.
4) the underwire part of the bra cup goes under your chin. The top of the cup gives excellent coverage over your nose and mouth.
5) I don't think one needs to use a filter if your bra cups have padding in them already, which mine did.
6) Doll up your bra cup mask with all kinds of bling. I used sparkly gems from my craft box. So I have rainbow gems that travel across the entire bra cup. :eyebat:

Cheers + germ free air smoochies to all you crafters,
:kissy:

Kätzchen 05-16-2020 05:34 PM

How's everybody holding up, lately?

I always like to have some sort of crafting project to work on and I've been working on Pointillism craft projects. I recently drew up some artful renditions of certain things I find beautiful in nature. Like, for example, I drew a sunflower using the pointillism technique. It's not exactly like the picture I found below, but the picture gives you a good idea of how a pointillism rendition of art can look as a finished project.

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/pr...cf90084d3b.jpg

I bought a few packages of cream colored cards with matching envelopes (the wedding invitation type of stationery), a couple of years ago, and I only use these blank cards and envelopes for special occasion types of art work.

I'm actually going to attempt to draw a creative rendition of the name my dear friend is going to name her new baby girl. The little girls' name will have 3 M's (first, middle and last name all begin with M). But I have to do the background art first, then carefully emboss the baby's full name under the backdrop of the art work I intend to use. I plan to make it as gender neutral as possible, so it will be Keep-Sake quality for the newborn's baby book. I'm going to crochet some tiny baby booties too and make a tiny baby cap, the knitted kind, and put some pretty bows and ribbons on both the booties and baby cap.

Hopefully I can find a light weight receiving blanket, that matches the booties and baby cap, since she is expected to deliver tiny Madilyn by the end of June.

Wishing everyone a wonderful summer ahead,

~K. :bunchflowers:

Bèsame* 05-16-2020 10:02 PM

I wish I could post my own private pictures to this site. I'd show you all my little stool. I reupholstered it. It came out to darn cute! Some have seen a pic already.

I've ordered some pillow inserts. I happen to have two extra quilt blocks from my king quilt I made, many years ago. I'm going to use those blocks for pillows on my bed.

And since I think masks are going to be the trend right now, I'm going to be a little more creative on my next batch. I've made up 3 different styles. Made mostly of left over fabrics from other quilts. My mind is a wandering with a bit more of a fashion statement. Perhaps some stitching??

For the most part I'm giving my hand and thumb a rest. I am ready for our next project though!!! Zentangle??? I'm up for some doodling.

GeorgiaMa'am 05-17-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 1268201)
. . . For the most part I'm giving my hand and thumb a rest. I am ready for our next project though!!! Zentangle??? I'm up for some doodling.

Zentangle sounds good to me. Maybe Zentangle Art?

Gemme 05-24-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 1268201)

For the most part I'm giving my hand and thumb a rest. I am ready for our next project though!!! Zentangle??? I'm up for some doodling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1268266)
Zentangle sounds good to me. Maybe Zentangle Art?

A Zentangle project could be fun if it's not too big. I can only work on fun stuff one day a week now so it would have to be reasonable for me to join.

GeorgiaMa'am 05-26-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1268744)
A Zentangle project could be fun if it's not too big. I can only work on fun stuff one day a week now so it would have to be reasonable for me to join.

I was thinking maybe 3x3, or 3-1/8 x 3-1/8, whatever the regular "official" Zentangle size is. Or maybe twinchies.

nycfem 07-30-2020 09:20 PM

I think it behooves me to put an update on the "post secret" project! Needless to say, I've been waiting to mail out due to the pandemic, but since I went to the dentist today, I guess it's time to consider that I can handle a post office. Does anyone who did the post secret project want me to mail to a different address than I have for you normally? If the address I usually mail to you remains the same, no need to answer. But let me know if you want me to send to a different address.

GeorgiaMa'am 07-30-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1272294)
I think it behooves me to put an update on the "post secret" project! Needless to say, I've been waiting to mail out due to the pandemic, but since I went to the dentist today, I guess it's time to consider that I can handle a post office. Does anyone who did the post secret project want me to mail to a different address than I have for you normally? If the address I usually mail to you remains the same, no need to answer. But let me know if you want me to send to a different address.

I can't wait!!!!!!! to get these in the mail!!! I wish I could remember what I wrote on mine, though. Hmmm.

Bèsame* 07-30-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1272297)
I can't wait!!!!!!! to get these in the mail!!! I wish I could remember what I wrote on mine, though. Hmmm.

I can't remember either.

candy_coated_bitch 07-30-2020 10:50 PM

I remember.

Oh, hai.

Gemme 07-31-2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1268847)
I was thinking maybe 3x3, or 3-1/8 x 3-1/8, whatever the regular "official" Zentangle size is. Or maybe twinchies.

Hey, did you want to get this started soon? I'd be up for it if you did.

clay 07-31-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1272302)

I would be in as well. BUT I do not think my eyes can handle twinchies....:(.

GeorgiaMa'am 08-01-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1272302)

I'd like to get another project underway, too. So, when I mentioned Zentangle Art, I was referring to the kind of Zentangle where you draw a representative image and then "Zentangle" it. See here for examples:
https://www.pinterest.com/dhrushitraval/zentangle-art/

I think color would also be especially fun to use in this project, so color or black-and-white would be acceptable. Also, I don't want to give more of a theme, because some people feel pretty limited in what images they can draw (meaning, me!).

I would also like to stick to the original official Zentangle tile size, which is 3.5" x 3.5" (because anything bigger is too much work!) or smaller like twinchies 2" x 2" (because I have lots of twinchie tiles left over from another project).

I would give us a week to sign up, 5 weeks to finish the project, and the final-final deadline of a week after that.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the above? I can open signups this week if people are interested.

Bèsame* 08-01-2020 02:29 PM

Me!!!!

Might have to hold off mailing mine back to me, I will be involved in a move around that time 😎🏝

nycfem 08-01-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1272378)
I'd like to get another project underway, too. So, when I mentioned Zentangle Art, I was referring to the kind of Zentangle where you draw a representative image and then "Zentangle" it. See here for examples:

I think color would also be especially fun to use in this project, so color or black-and-white would be acceptable. Also, I don't want to give more of a theme, because some people feel pretty limited in what images they can draw (meaning, me!).

I would also like to stick to the original official Zentangle tile size, which is 3.5" x 3.5" (because anything bigger is too much work!) or smaller like twinchies 2" x 2" (because I have lots of twinchie tiles left over from another project).

I would give us a week to sign up, 5 weeks to finish the project, and the final-final deadline of a week after that.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the above? I can open signups this week if people are interested.

I like the option of each participant being able to choose between 3.5" x 3.5" and twinchie size. I would definitely sign up.

nycfem 08-01-2020 02:35 PM

Just a thought: A totally optional theme might be nice because some people are more comfortable with not coming up with their own. In other words, individual participants might enjoy having the option to pick between a given theme or doing whatever they want.

Gemme 08-01-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Sounds good. I'm down.

I see advantages for either size and I know it's fun to use up stuff you already have but I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for the traditional size of 3.5 x 3.5 if we're doing one or the other. I feel it gives the rest of you more of a chance to actually be able to figure out what the Hell I might be trying to draw. However, you could always Zentangle some twinchie pieces and then piece them together into a larger size if you'd like. Just a random thought for you to ruminate on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1272382)
Just a thought: A totally optional theme might be nice because some people are more comfortable with not coming up with their own. In other words, individual participants might enjoy having the option to pick between a given theme or doing whatever they want.

I'm double down on this. I like options!

clay 08-02-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Please add me to the signup, Georgia Ma'am! I am cool with the options & with using colors!! I LOVE this. YAY!

Bèsame* 08-02-2020 12:08 PM

I'm ok with any rules, sizes, colors or themes.

I just want to play !!!

GeorgiaMa'am 08-05-2020 02:32 AM

!!!Zentangle Art!!!

For this kind of Zentangle Art, this will be the kind of Zentangle where you draw a representative image and then "Zentangle" it. See here for examples:

THEME: flora and fauna - totally optional, draw something else if you like!

Color or black and white images are acceptable. Go crazy and have fun!

SIZE: the standard "official" Zentangle tile size of 3.5" x 3.5", OR twinchies 2" x 2", OR four twinchies that fit together to make one tile (4" x 4") - your choice!

Make one piece for each person who signs up (or four pieces if you want to make four twinchies that fit together as one tile for a project). When you send your pieces to me, please include $7 for shipping. Remember to put the name of the person it goes to on it, and also your name. If you don't put a name, I will distribute them randomly.

DEADLINE: The deadline to have these to me (Georgia Ma'am) is Monday, September 14. The final-final deadline is Monday, September 21.

SIGN UPS start NOW! and the deadline to sign up is Sunday, August 9 at 7 p.m. EDST.

1. Georgia Ma'am
2. Clay
etc.

Fine print: (subject to amendment - see next post)

RULES AS AGREED UPON TO BE ADDED AT THE END OF EACH PROJECT:
"For 2019, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until six months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting six months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2018 & 2019. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2019. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2018 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/18. I can start participating in new projects on 8/21/18. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/19, able to participate 7/28/19)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/21/19, able to participate 8/21/19)'

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."