Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   You look like "THAT"?!?!?!?!?! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3145)

scootebaby 04-28-2011 07:10 PM

You look like "THAT"?!?!?!?!?!

Jo and I were talking today about how the people we talk to online rarely look like the image we have created..I have done this for yrs..maybe because im a very visual person. I usually base my projection on username,way they talk(type) and sense of humor.

Has anyone else "assumed" how someone might look? I am not talking about"oh i thought she/he/whoever was gonna be hot" because hotness rests in the eye of the beholder

Let me start....our "friend" Jake Tulane...we both had him pegged as a well dressed,professor,semi nerdy--Dapper Dan type....we were WAY off..:lol2:

Zimmygurl...whom we love to death...i had her pegged as a quiet,semi shy girl---well anyone thats met this wonderful woman knows she is neither!

who's next?

Strappie 04-28-2011 07:19 PM

Well for me... I'm a gallery perv. So I get to see most of the people I meet in person in the galleries!

~~Gallery perv.. *grin*

JustJo 04-28-2011 07:23 PM

I frequently check the galleries, but lots of folks here don't have any pics posted....always frustrating!

Of course, everyone knows I'm a petite princess-like blonde :winky:

We were talking in the car today about this...and agreed that June should look like a cross between June Cleaver (ya know...the Beav's mom) and Dixie Carter (Julia Sugarbaker).... :cheesy:

Gemme 04-28-2011 07:28 PM

I have. Sometimes, I've been right and sometimes I've been wrong.

scootebaby 04-28-2011 07:31 PM

I also base it on avatars.....i have rarely been right...lol

i am not a gallery perv unless i am really really bored or someone caught my interest......perhaps i prefer to make up my own images! :)

justkim 04-28-2011 07:32 PM

I tend to picture people as warm or cold... Warm being those would be the people you would generally find me around and cold being I am not so certain how I would feel around this person... As we all have learned sometimes words that are written don't come off as eloquently as they do in our heads... For me, be kind... kind to yourself and kind to each other... Honestly for me, looks are secondary... It's what is on the inside that counts...

bigbutchmistie 04-28-2011 07:32 PM

One met very few off of the site. But they all looked like their pics in the gallery. Most that I have met tell me my pics don't do me justice. I think they look like me. But you can't see how blue my eyes really are in pics.

Scorp 04-28-2011 07:34 PM

Quit candy-coating it! We all know you're just a perv in general! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strappie (Post 329278)
Well for me... I'm a gallery perv. So I get to see most of the people I meet in person in the galleries!

~~Gallery perv.. *grin*

dixie 04-28-2011 07:35 PM

Hmm...I could just imagine how folks would picture me if I didn't have some photos up. Especially since I usually type with the same accent as I talk. (Y'all, yonder, etc...lol)

I kinda wish everybody had a pic up cause I like seeing who I'm talking to. Just cause I'm curious (*ahem* nosey...lol). There have been quite a few times when I've been surprised. Also with voices. I like imagining folks' voices as well, and am usually surprised there too. :)

Daywalker 04-28-2011 07:39 PM

I think we, The Daywalkers...look and behave pretty
much how our onlines selves appear to.

:thinking:

Scoote knows this.

I'm still on the same couch we had when ya visited.

:police:

Wee!

:daywalker:

Dreams 04-28-2011 07:39 PM

i've heard i look just like my avatar..on facebook that is

justkim 04-28-2011 07:39 PM

I am with you there Dixie... I like to imagine peoples voices also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixielady (Post 329297)
Hmm...I could just imagine how folks would picture me if I didn't have some photos up. Especially since I usually type with the same accent as I talk. (Y'all, yonder, etc...lol)

I kinda wish everybody had a pic up cause I like seeing who I'm talking to. Just cause I'm curious (*ahem* nosey...lol). There have been quite a few times when I've been surprised. Also with voices. I like imagining folks' voices as well, and am usually surprised there too. :)

Daywalker 04-28-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreams (Post 329304)

Except yer taller.

:rofl:

dixie 04-28-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justkim (Post 329305)
I am with you there Dixie... I like to imagine peoples voices also.

Folks are usually surprised by my voice. Mine is kinda low and a lil throaty/raspy-ish...that is, until I get all excited about something and then it's more high-pitch...with some squealing if I'm super excited...LOL

Dreams 04-28-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daywalker (Post 329307)
Except yer taller.

:rofl:

and cuter...:awww:

Gemme 04-28-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixielady (Post 329297)

I am a total voice whore.

justkim 04-28-2011 07:48 PM

Voice Whores Unite!

scootebaby 04-28-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daywalker (Post 329303)
I think we, The Daywalkers...look and behave pretty
much how our onlines selves appear to.

:thinking:

Scoote knows this.

I'm still on the same couch we had when ya visited.

:police:

Wee!

i remember it was very comfy :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreams (Post 329304)

so your all legs??? :lol2:

im a voice whore too...but the voices usually throw me off WAY more than the images i create!

Dreams 04-28-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootebaby (Post 329319)
[COLOR="Black"]so your all legs??? :lol2:

more or less..invisafont strikes again!!

UofMfan 04-28-2011 08:03 PM

I sound like Mickey Mouse with an accent, true story.