Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

GeorgiaMa'am 03-22-2024 02:55 PM

POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT:

I had the weirdest thing happen. I got a text, supposedly from USPS. It said, "Due to an address issue, your package has been redirected to our operations center. Please follow the link provided below to confirm your address, and we will accordingly reschedule the shipment. https://gd.uspsmn"

I have text notification for my mail through USPS, so I didn't think this was really unusual. When I clicked the link, it took me to a website usps-center.world/ac and it gave a tracking number (but not a tracking number I had purchased) and a note that said "We have issues with your shipping address". It looked legit, with USPS fonts, and was well designed. It then asked me to verify my address (which I thought was weird, because wouldn't it want to verify the shipping address? and not my address?). I did not verify the tracking number at this time, I just assumed it was my Priority Mail package to Nan. I put in my address and clicked "Continue" and it took me to a page wanting 0.74 for redelivery on a credit card.

At this point, I got suspicious, and started to investigate. I noticed the odd URL that I listed above, and also that the tracking number was not mine. I went to the USPS website and tracked the tracking number from my USPS receipt there, and it said the package had already been delivered yesterday at 10:21 am.

I am sure this must be some kind of scam. I hope none of you have encountered it, but if you do, track your package on the USPS website to see what is really going on.

A RELATED SCAM ALERT:

When I Googled the USPS web site, I clicked the "Track your Package Now" link. It took me to a website called "www.packagemonitor.com" that looked less legit than the above link, but I thought maybe the P.O. was updating their website. It wanted me to download some software to track my package, and again, I was suspicious.

Finally, I noticed the weird URL, and I typed in the USPS web site myself without Googling it (usps.com). Then I was able to track the package as normal and found out it had been delivered.

SCAM ARTISTS are getting scammier/scummier! Ahhhhh! Beware!

nanners 03-23-2024 02:20 PM

Gemme, I got yours!

Bèsame* 03-23-2024 06:55 PM

Wow, mine is taking the slow route. Lol
It went out last Tuesday, with arrival by Thursday. I mailed it in an envelope, first class. I believe I still have plenty of time🤔😎

nanners 03-24-2024 04:13 PM

Plus, my lazy little town isn’t speedy. No worries.

GeorgiaMa'am 03-24-2024 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 1296587)
Wow, mine is taking the slow route. Lol
It went out last Tuesday, with arrival by Thursday. I mailed it in an envelope, first class. I believe I still have plenty of time🤔😎

I think we're seeing more deterioration of mail service in the US. I mailed a check on March 7, which was due on March 18, from Atlanta to Indianapolis. It didn't get there until March 21, and it was due on the 18th. By the time it arrived, I had already FedExed a replacement check overnight, and had also paid a $35 fee to my bank to put a stop payment on the original check.

GeorgiaMa'am 03-24-2024 05:43 PM

Project Idea: How would people feel about making bracelets for a project? They could be any kind of bracelet, from beads on a string, to charms, to woven friendship bracelets, or crocheted bracelets, to leather ties, to macramé, or anything really. See Pinterest for different ideas.

Would anyone be interested if I wrangled it?

Soft*Silver 03-24-2024 08:41 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1296597)
Project Idea: How would people feel about making bracelets for a project? They could be any kind of bracelet, from beads on a string, to charms, to woven friendship bracelets, or crocheted bracelets, to leather ties, to macramé, or anything really. See Pinterest for different ideas.

nanners 03-25-2024 09:56 AM

Quote:

I’ll think about it. I’ve got a lot on my plate right now but it really sounds fun.

I finished my stamps on Saturday!

We’re supposed to have bad weather here in the next day or two, and since the mail is already slower than molasses in January, is it ok with everyone if I wait a few more days (like till the end of the week) to send the stamps project out?

nanners 03-25-2024 10:42 AM

ha ha!

Ha Ha, right after posting that I went out to get the mail and there was Soft*Silver's and Besame's projects!

1. Nanners: RECEIVED
2. Clay: RECEIVED
3. Besame*: RECEIVED
4. Nycfem:
5. soft silver: RECEIVED
6. GEMME: RECEIVED
7. GeorgiaMa'am: RECEIVED

GeorgiaMa'am 03-25-2024 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanners (Post 1296611)
. . . since the mail is already slower than molasses in January . . .

I heard a local news story on my NPR station about how everyone in certain hubs of the USPS is experiencing very slow mail service. It's really messing with some people's prescriptions, checks, etc. They were talking about weeks of delays being common. Apparently, the USPS is trying to "modernize" their systems, and that's the cause.

nycfem 03-25-2024 08:43 PM

I would LOVE this, especially that each of us could make any type of bracelets we wish! Definitely count me in!

Thanks to those of you who text me- for the life of me, I never get these posts in my email, drives me nuts!

Quote:

clay 03-27-2024 12:37 PM

New project....

I am in, sign me up please, when you make post, Georgia Ma'am? Thanks so much!

nina03 03-27-2024 01:33 PM

I'm interested in this project! When we sign up, it might not be a bad idea to post wrist sizes, since those can vary. Or should we all just make them adjustable?

nanners 03-27-2024 04:07 PM

I forgot to say I got Nycfem’s project in the nick of time!
I’ll be mailing the projects out tomorrow!

George Ma’am, the stage is yours!!

GeorgiaMa'am 03-27-2024 06:35 PM

BRACELETS PROJECT

Thanks everyone for your interest in this project! I'll post signups sometime before Friday morning. Great idea nina, about signing up with wrist sizes! I'll include that on the signup sheet.

GeorgiaMa'am 03-28-2024 05:45 PM

~ ~ ~ Project: BRACELETS! ~ ~ ~

*Make at least one bracelet for each person on the list. Bracelets can be made with beads, charms, hemp, embroidery floss, leather, jute or whatever you want! See Pinterest for ideas. The designs and materials are totally up to you!

*You can make bracelets to size (see each person's sign up) or you can make them adjustable.

*Send $7 to wrangler with your project.

*Please put each person's bracelet/s in a baggie, or envelope, or include a tag on them. On each baggie (Sharpies are great for this!) or envelope or tag write your name, the name of the person it's for, and the date.

Due date is 4/30/2024, and final date for me to receive is by 05/07/2024 or you will go on the hold list for 4 months.

I will mail out by 5/14/2024.

Remember to send me your addresses and ask for mine if you do not already have it.

Remember to include your wrist size! This is the size you want your bracelets, not the actual size of your wrist. For example, my wrist is exactly 8" around, but I put 8 1/2" below because I like my bracelets a little loose. (TIP: if you can't find a tape measure, remember a regular sheet of paper is 8 1/2 x 11. Wrap the short end around your wrist and make your best guess.)

1. GeorgiaMa'am - wrist size 8 1/2"
2. clay - wrist size needed

"The rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until four months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting four months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/24. I can start participating in new projects on 6/21/24. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/24, able to participate 5/28/24)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/21/24, able to participate 6/21/24)

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

CURRENT ON HOLD MEMBERS:

None! Everyone can participate.

nycfem 03-28-2024 08:52 PM

Sooo excited!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1296648)

*Make at least one bracelet for each person on the list. Bracelets can be made with beads, charms, hemp, embroidery floss, leather, jute or whatever you want! See Pinterest for ideas. The designs and materials are totally up to you!

*You can make bracelets to size (see each person's sign up) or you can make them adjustable.

*Please put each person's bracelet/s in a baggie, or envelope, or include a tag on them. On each baggie (Sharpies are great for this!) or envelope or tag write your name, the name of the person it's for, and the date.

Due date is 4/30/2024, and final date for me to receive is by 05/07/2024 or you will go on the hold list for 4 months.

Remember to send me your addresses and ask for mine if you do not already have it.

Remember to include your wrist size! This is the size you want your bracelets, not the actual size of your wrist. For example, my wrist is exactly 8" around, but I put 8 1/2" below because I like my bracelets a little loose. (TIP: if you can't find a tape measure, remember a regular sheet of paper is 8 1/2 x 11. Wrap the short end around your wrist and make your best guess.)

2. clay - wrist size needed
3. Nycfem - 7.5 to 8

"The rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until four months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting four months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/24. I can start participating in new projects on 6/21/24. I have added myself to the list below:

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

CURRENT ON HOLD MEMBERS:

GeorgiaMa'am 03-29-2024 05:41 PM

2. clay - wrist size 8"
3. Nycfem - 7.5 to 8

CURRENT ON HOLD MEMBERS:

Bèsame* 03-29-2024 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1296657)

2. clay - wrist size 8"
3. Nycfem - 7.5 to 8
4. Besame* ...7 to 7.5

CURRENT ON HOLD MEMBERS:

***❤🧡💛💚💙💜***

Bèsame* 03-29-2024 07:55 PM

This is perfect timing. I'm going on vacation and I have been collecting a Bohemian look to wear. I was going to make a few bracelets and now I'll wear the ones you all will make! If I could make a request..please make mine in pastel colors.