Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BASEBALL! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2171)

SnackTime 10-11-2010 04:47 AM

Since my team did not make the playoffs, I am cheering for the Rangers and anyone who plays the Yankees

MsDemeanor 10-11-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 206002)
OK..... Geez

If I were single, the first line of my dating profile would be "Yankees fans, Colts fans, and republicans need not apply".

sinfulcindy 10-11-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 206128)
If I were single, the first line of my dating profile would be "Yankees fans, Colts fans, and republicans need not apply".

Lmao!!!!!!

AtLast 10-11-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

This is great! And soooooo you!

Mine includes NO GOP! and Must ADORE Dogs (not just love, but ADORE!)

AtLast 10-11-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnackTime (Post 206037)
Since my team did not make the playoffs, I am cheering for the Rangers and anyone who plays the Yankees

The Rangers do have a spot in my heart because of Nolan Ryan (but, oh how I hate it that "Dub'ya" once owned them!). How are they doing in their play-offs? I'm absorbed with the national league at the moment..

SnackTime 10-11-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

I should probably put the Yankees fan and Colts fan thing on mine...lol

SnackTime 10-11-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 206192)
The Rangers do have a spot in my heart because of Nolan Ryan (but, oh how I hate it that "Dub'ya" once owned them!). How are they doing in their play-offs? I'm absorbed with the national league at the moment..

The Rangers and Rays are tied 2-2. I am not a big fan of SF Giants, because of Bonds. I would like to see Atlanta go to the World Series so D. Lee has a chance at a ring and also because Cox will retire after all this.

AtLast 10-11-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnackTime (Post 206202)
The Rangers and Rays are tied 2-2. I am not a big fan of SF Giants, because of Bonds. I would like to see Atlanta go to the World Series so D. Lee has a chance at a ring and also because Cox will retire after all this.

Bonds is GONE!!! Good riddance! He tarnished them, big time! Now, they are a young club without super stars and I love 'em!! Nice to be back to wanting to watch them. Yeah.... I don't like stars in sports much when they become all of what a team is about. It's a whole team with individual talent.

They just beat Atlanta about 10 minutes ago!!!! They are going to the next round!! WOOT!!! GO underdogs!!!

GO Rays, too!!!

AtLast 10-11-2010 09:59 PM

HUMMMM... BABY!!!

Maybe the "Dawgs" will make it!

Giants' Ross is Braves' pain, ends epic career
Outfielder's homer, RBI single oust Cox's Atlanta squad
By Chris Haft / MLB.com | 10/11/10 10:51 PM ET

ATLANTA -- The Giants' rich cast of performers, from castoffs to rookies to veterans, took them to a loftier stage Monday night.

San Francisco advanced to a National League Championship Series showdown against Philadelphia by outlasting Atlanta, 3-2, in Game 4 of the Division Series. Having vanquished the Braves in their best-of-five series, 3-1, the Giants will turn their attention to the Phillies in the best-of-seven NLCS beginning Saturday at Philadelphia.

The Giants earned their second trip to the NLCS since the Wild Card was introduced to the postseason in 1995. They made their only other appearance in 2002, when they topped St. Louis en route to the World Series
:firetruck:
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...t=.jsp&c_id=sf

Niceguy 10-11-2010 10:58 PM

I'm pulling for the Rangers, (even though I'm allergic to the state of Texas ;)) because my homie Cliff Lee pitchs for them! :cheesy:

Not sure who I'll pull for if the Rangers end up playing the Yankees, since my homie AJ Burnett pitches for the Yankees. I'll probably still pull for Cliff and the Rangers. :twitch:

I had a hard time in the World Series last year when Cliff was pitching for the Phillies and AJ was pitching for the Yankees, but I like Cliff a little better, so I was glad the Phillies won! :D

I hope one of my Little Rock area homies make it to the Series again this year! :)

katsarecool 10-11-2010 11:00 PM

The Atl Braves

I am really sad the Braves lost tonight. I thought it would be very fitting that they win this thing; for Bobbi Cox. Oh well life goes on....

SnackTime 10-12-2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niceguy (Post 206511)
I'm pulling for the Rangers, (even though I'm allergic to the state of Texas ;)) because my homie Cliff Lee pitchs for them! :cheesy:

Not sure who I'll pull for if the Rangers end up playing the Yankees, since my homie AJ Burnett pitches for the Yankees. I'll probably still pull for Cliff and the Rangers. :twitch:

I had a hard time in the World Series last year when Cliff was pitching for the Phillies and AJ was pitching for the Yankees, but I like Cliff a little better, so I was glad the Phillies won! :D

I hope one of my Little Rock area homies make it to the Series again this year! :)

I will be watching the game tonight. GO RANGERS! I was glad to see the Phillies win too!

wolfbittenpoet 10-12-2010 07:29 AM

Game 5 tonight at 8 eastern. Cliff Lee and David Price again. Come on rays hit that cutter.

AtLast 10-12-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsarecool (Post 206512)
I am really sad the Braves lost tonight. I thought it would be very fitting that they win this thing; for Bobbi Cox. Oh well life goes on....

Oh, I get this. Cox is one hell of a baseball guy! I thought the Giants stopping and giving him a standing ovation along with Atlanta fans was great- brought me back to the days that one could respect ball players and they were positive role models all the way around. And Bobby's talk after the game brought me to tears! yeah- even though I'm way excited about the young Giants playing the game with so much heart and spirit with a "team" effort, the Braves winning and Cox being out there for more games would of been OK!

So much has changed the game with the money chase, fame orientation. Cox is from an era I don't believe we will ever see again. Hope I'm wrong.

You the man, Bobby!

MsDemeanor 10-12-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 206473)
San Francisco advanced to a National League Championship Series showdown

Thanks for clearing this up - they did advance. I saw the headline in the Chronicle this morning, but thought that it was a typo.

dykeumentary 10-12-2010 08:46 PM

Phillies all the way.:tarot:

Kobi 10-12-2010 10:04 PM

Ok its the Rangers vs. the Yankees and the Phillies vs the Giants.

I would love to see a Rangers vs Giants world series.

sinfulcindy 10-12-2010 10:09 PM

Goooooooooo RANGERS!!!!!!

SnackTime 10-13-2010 05:55 AM

GO Rangers!!

Rook 10-13-2010 05:07 PM

hmpf
~grabs my hot wings, big gulp, warm body, blanket & corn dog, enjoys the Game~
{go YANKEES!!!!!!}

:candle::candle::mohawk::mohawk::candle::candle: