Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

firegal 05-18-2015 08:41 PM

Sitting on my patio paying bills and my mother in law tenants handed me a plate with baked chicken green beans and mashed potatoes. yum! unexpected

bright_arrow 05-18-2015 09:16 PM

I did cook chicken, but Panera it is!

JDeere 05-18-2015 10:45 PM

Tonight was cereal

Last night was lemon pepper chicken, with rice, french fries and broccoli cheese casserole

ahk 05-19-2015 08:00 AM

tonight:

basil meatballs with basil marinara with zucchini noodles (zoodles).

clay 05-19-2015 08:41 AM

mixed greens salad with pepitas, dried cranberries, tomatoes, carrot sticks, walnuts, and ranch dressing and piece of baked garlic herbed seasoned swai...

stargazingboi 05-19-2015 01:38 PM

I sliced up some onions, mushrooms, summer squash, and zucchini ..seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and grilled them up. That will be served either on yeast bread or a tortilla with mozzarella cheese and pesto in the penini press with chips.

Young blood will be having brats with rice and a veggie

cinnamongrrl 05-19-2015 02:55 PM

I sauteed zucchini and summer squash with olive oil and butter...added fresh garlic and fresh basil..

Baked chicken breasts are in the oven. Still haven't decided how I want to spice it...

Toying with the idea of making roasted chickpeas later...

http://www.chow.com/recipes/30368-sp...sted-chickpeas

cookie-face 05-19-2015 03:12 PM

REAL hotdogs wrapped in bacon w/ pasta salad.

Gemme 05-19-2015 03:15 PM

Not sure. Maybe fish and chips. Maybe ravioli. Maybe a grilled cheese sandwich with more chicken noodle soup.

I'll find out soon enough.

Tierney 05-19-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 990541)
Not sure. Maybe fish and chips. Maybe ravioli. Maybe a grilled cheese sandwich with more chicken noodle soup.

I'll find out soon enough.

I am in the same quandary. I was going to do a BLT.. then I thought..maybe chili .. then some type of soup (though I had that for lunch)..I am thinking the BLT is going to win out because I have been craving one for a week.

Though that fish and chips idea sounds good too.. or maybe ordering in Chinese..

Gah.

gotoseagrl 05-19-2015 04:13 PM

It's more a lunch but salad with baby spinach, baby carrots, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and ranch. And an awesome peach that was calling to me at the store. Homemade lemony sweet iced tea to drink.

Jesse 05-19-2015 06:18 PM

Tonight I am making a pot of chicken orzo soup. I almost can't wait for it to be finished. :)

randrum 05-19-2015 07:26 PM

Pepper steak with white rice

But I'm really craving pizza. And surprisingly hungry, given I ate around 6. Late night snack? I think so.

Gemme 05-19-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tierney (Post 990546)
I am in the same quandary. I was going to do a BLT.. then I thought..maybe chili .. then some type of soup (though I had that for lunch)..I am thinking the BLT is going to win out because I have been craving one for a week.

Though that fish and chips idea sounds good too.. or maybe ordering in Chinese..

Gah.

I wound up having fish tenders and baked fries.

So good!

Tierney 05-19-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 990586)
I wound up having fish tenders and baked fries.

So good!

Yaaay for fish n' chips.

My BLT won out - and it was so damn good !!

JDeere 05-19-2015 07:41 PM

Beef stir fry with a salad and sweet tea to drink

Jesse 05-19-2015 08:27 PM

I forgot to mention that I bought a loaf of crusty 5 grain Italian bread to go with the orzo soup. Dinner was so delicious tonight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 990570)
Tonight I am making a pot of chicken orzo soup. I almost can't wait for it to be finished. :)

Cailin 05-19-2015 09:27 PM

spinach & mushroom pizza with a southwest salad.

clay 05-20-2015 08:38 AM

MY honey called yesterday afternoon and asked me out on a date. So, we went to a local Japanese Steak House...I had the shrimp tempura and a Tuna roll with a small salad and ginger dressing! It was divine...I love our date nights....she is amazing!

ahk 05-20-2015 09:13 AM

tonight:

a sautee of sun dried tomato sausage with butternut squash, kale, onions, garlic, and apple.

We bought about 4 bundles of kale at the growers market this weekend-- mmm. and the squash is from this winter, I cubed it and froze it.

clay 05-20-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahk (Post 990679)
tonight:

a sautee of sun dried tomato sausage with butternut squash, kale, onions, garlic, and apple.

We bought about 4 bundles of kale at the growers market this weekend-- mmm. and the squash is from this winter, I cubed it and froze it.

this sounds soooooo yummy. Sharing? Lol

TheHinduPose 05-20-2015 02:16 PM

Had:
Spätzle (german noodles) with a sauce made with garlic,a little chopped fried onion,mushrooms,cheese (emmental,gruyère and cheddar) and crispy bacon.
pud:raspberry trifle
washed down with fizzy mineral water

MysticOceansFL 05-20-2015 02:26 PM

Steamed salmon and veggies with mango sauce and white rice, and a glass of sweet tea

Rockinonahigh 05-20-2015 03:01 PM

I'm being a bit adventurous s today so I thought I would try a Greek dinner, so hear goes. I fixed egg plant with lamb rolled in grape leaves, Greek salad with a lemony home made dressing, humus with green sauce, veggie k-bobs grilled on the grill. I let the veggies soak in a mixture of very light olive oil with a touch of garlic and herbs. I will most likely drink unsweet tea, yesterday I baked a lemon pie so if its possible to eat any I have a dessert.

clay 05-20-2015 03:04 PM

Waffle House it is.....late evening meetings make it too late to cook.....BUT is okay. I like WH!

CherryWine 05-20-2015 03:11 PM

Homemade pimento cheese on toast. The kind that involves cream cheese. I've had a craving.

We'll probably have strawberries and mango, too.

stargazingboi 05-20-2015 04:04 PM

I found a new recipe for a Spanish rice. So, I made that and a black bean salsa..which will be served in a tortilla with hummus.

Young blood will be having the rest of the brats, some sauteed potatoes and broccoli.

Gemme 05-20-2015 07:07 PM

I made a big salad of mixed Italian greens, grape tomatoes, smoked bacon bits and the hard crunchy kind too, cracked black pepper, a torn up chicken breast and a tangy dressing (like French but not quite) and it all went downhill from there.

Gummy bears.

Pineapple coconut Greek frozen yogurt.

Tootsie Pop.

I am considering opening an IV line for the Coke.

Yeah....hormones.

:blink:

Jesse 05-20-2015 07:19 PM

Chicken orzo soup leftover from last night's dinner. :)

ahk 05-21-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clay (Post 990701)
this sounds soooooo yummy. Sharing? Lol

I can share the recipe--

1 medium yellow onion
1 medium/large apple (your choice of variety)
2 cups of large cubed butternut squash
2-4 bunches of kale or 2 bags of kale (washed/cut up)
1/4 cup apple juice
1 pound of chicken sausage or any variety you'd wish
salt/pepper

Chop up onion, apple, and squash-- add cooking fat to a pan (I use ghee) (medium heat), when heated add onion, apple and squash and add salt to taste. Caramelize onions/apple/squash mixture when soft transfer to a bowl and add raw sausage to hot pan and cook til no pink. I like larger chunks but do whatever you'd enjoy. After cooked, add cooked veggies back in pan- add cracked pepper to taste, stir. Add washed kale to pan and apple juice. Cover til kale/butternut is tender to your liking. Uncover to let the juices cook down a bit. Serve. You can add fried eggs to top if you'd like-- but we just eat it as is.

Tonight's dinner:

Grilled pork tenderloin served with an asian inspired slaw (napa cabbage, snow peas, julienned carrots, ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, sesame oil) and pineapple spears.

Jesse 05-21-2015 04:27 PM

Hmm...no idea. Maybe a chicken and veggie stir fry with a small salad.

BullDog 05-21-2015 04:31 PM

Chicken, quinoa and green beans.

But most importantly, listening to Nina Simone while I eat. :D

CherryWine 05-21-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDog (Post 990937)
Chicken, quinoa and green beans.

But most importantly, listening to Nina Simone while I eat. :D

Great tastes :thumbsup:

CherryWine 05-21-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryWine (Post 990718)
Homemade pimento cheese on toast. The kind that involves cream cheese. I've had a craving.

We'll probably have strawberries and mango, too.

The same but with juicy, cold cantaloupe.

stargazingboi 05-21-2015 07:30 PM

Well..it was far from nutritious..but hey it was a delightful treat. I'm a very simple sort. I enjoy very small things...big dinners and fancy nights out really aren't "my thing." I enjoy them when I am doing something special for someone else..but not for me.

So, here we go. We (gren and I) started out at Auntie Anne's Pretzels and shared an order of pretzel bites and a cherry lime aid. Then we both did the massage chairs..stopped at a store and off to D&D's (dunkin donuts for those who don't know) for a coffee and donut. Drove around for a few and picked up a cheese pizza and bread sticks to bring back to the kids.

D&D's and Auntie Anne's are two of my most favorite places that I rarely treat myself too.

PaPa 05-21-2015 07:38 PM

Tonight was birthday dinner for my brother and brother-in-law:
Chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, lima beans, applesauce, cottage cheese, and string beans with bacon and almonds. Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, coconut cake with icing, or strawberry shortcake with homemade sweet biscuits.

My dinner: chicken, string beans with bacon and almonds, and a small helping of mashed potatoes with gravy. I then went back and had 3 sweet biscuits.

JDeere 05-21-2015 07:49 PM

Schlotszys sandwich with kettle cooked bbq chips and sweet tea to drink, dessert is brownies

Gemme 05-21-2015 08:32 PM

I had a big bowl of sunflower crunch salad (smoked bacon, sunflower seeds, carrots, kale, cabbage, romaine, green onions and a sweet onion and citrus dressing).

Well and good, right?

Then I popped open the cake box......

ahk 05-22-2015 09:04 AM

tonight:

date night. not sure where we'll be heading, but I'm sure it'll be tasty. plus, I won't be cooking, even better. :)

Bevidotcom 05-22-2015 10:08 AM

mmmmmmmmm

now soliciting ideas for dinner tonight!