Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Was The Last Movie You Saw? Welcome Cinephiles. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3165)

JDeere 01-28-2015 07:36 PM

When The Game Stands Tall

In 2003, high-school football coach Bob Ladouceur (Jim Caviezel) and his De La Salle Spartans have just completed an incredible 151 consecutive victories and 12-straight state championships. While the team's seniors receive offers from colleges all over the country, the advancing juniors look forward to making their mark. However, beloved "Coach Lad" has a brush with calamity, while the Spartans face their most-challenging, most-unpredictable season yet.

Gemme 01-28-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 966475)
When The Game Stands Tall

In 2003, high-school football coach Bob Ladouceur (Jim Caviezel) and his De La Salle Spartans have just completed an incredible 151 consecutive victories and 12-straight state championships. While the team's seniors receive offers from colleges all over the country, the advancing juniors look forward to making their mark. However, beloved "Coach Lad" has a brush with calamity, while the Spartans face their most-challenging, most-unpredictable season yet.

Did you like it?

Telling us what you watched is only part of it. I love hearing what everyone thought about the movies they saw.

I liked it. Movies about real life events can go sideways sometimes but I felt it was a good take on it.

JDeere 01-28-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 966483)
Did you like it?

Telling us what you watched is only part of it. I love hearing what everyone thought about the movies they saw.

I liked it. Movies about real life events can go sideways sometimes but I felt it was a good take on it.

Yes I liked it. I just forgot to include my rating on the post lol

Humanesque 01-28-2015 09:45 PM

Finally found the time to watch Lucy.

C0LLETTE 01-28-2015 11:27 PM

Watched a documentary entitled, "50 Italian Men". The film documents the efforts of some Italian diplomats and military members to save the lives of Jewish persons who had sought their protection in Italian occupied areas during WWII. It always moves me deeply to see the personal risks some people will take simply because it is "the right thing to do".

*Anya* 01-29-2015 08:39 AM

The Duke of Burgundy

Per Rotten Tomatoes:

Day after day, Cynthia (Sidse Babett Knudsen) and Evelyn (Chiara D'Anna) act out a simple yet provocative ritual that ends with Evelyn's punishment and pleasure. As Cynthia yearns for a more conventional relationship, Evelyn's obsession with erotica quickly becomes an addiction.

Per my GF and I:

It felt very long, heavily stylized, too many art-house type camera shots, brief erotic moments and was confusing at times.

The critics gave it 95%, viewers gave it 77% and we gave it about a 50%.

It is On Demand.

Humanesque 01-30-2015 11:24 PM

Zodiac- From: ThinkFilm- Canada

WildHorses 01-31-2015 02:26 AM

Everly, kind of like a Kill Bill flick. Genesis and I liked it.

An action/thriller centered on a woman who faces down assassins sent by her ex, a mob boss, while holed up in her apartment.

*Anya* 01-31-2015 07:08 PM

A Most Violent Year

Set during the winter of 1981 -- one of the most crime-ridden of New York City's history -- A MOST VIOLENT YEAR is a drama following the lives of an immigrant and his family as they attempt to capitalize on the American Dream, while the rampant violence, decay, and corruption of the day drag them in and threaten to destroy all they have built.

Overview thanks to Rotten Tomatoes: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_most_violent_year/

Starring Oscar Isaac as Abel Morales, Jessica Chastain as Anna Morales, David Oyelowo as Lawrence and Albert Brooks.

It was a really thoughtful, well-written and excellently acted movie. We both thought it was really good. We had never seen Oscar Isaac before and he was very good as the lead.

Ginger 01-31-2015 07:47 PM

I'm watching The Interview right now On Demand.

It's pretty silly. I like it.

kittygrrl 02-01-2015 03:16 PM

watching Gone Girl

homoe 02-01-2015 05:21 PM

The Drop

Stars: Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, & James Gandolfini (his last movie)

Bob Saginowski finds himself at the center of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighborhood's past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living - no matter the cost.

It moves very slow, not many surprises either BUT we enjoyed it:popcorn:

homoe 02-05-2015 08:57 PM

Last night we watched The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby (2014) Stars: James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Viola Davis William Hurt

One couple's story as they try to reclaim the life and love they once knew and pick up the pieces of a past that may be too far gone.

Just didn't care for it. Very sad subject matter and hard to get through.

satindoll 02-05-2015 10:08 PM

The Last Movie I Saw

ANNIE 2014, IT WAS AWESOME!

homoe 02-07-2015 05:07 PM

Thursday night we watched Ida (2013) Stars: Agata Kulesza, Agata Trzebuchowska, Dawid Ogrodnik

Anna, a young novitiate nun in 1960s Poland, is on the verge of taking her vows when she discovers a dark family secret dating back to the years of the Nazi occupation.

We enjoyed this movie. Just a heads up, it's in subtitles. Also believe it's up for an Oscar as Best Foreign Picture.

Blade 02-07-2015 09:23 PM

The Equlizer. Loved this movie. Denzel Washington is a bad ass

*Anya* 02-07-2015 10:35 PM

Finding Vivian Maier (2013)

A documentary on the late Vivian Maier, a nanny whose previously unknown cache of 100,000 photographs earned her a posthumous reputation as one of the most accomplished street photographers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2714900/

Fascinating, very interesting documentary we watched on Showtime.

Worth your time if you have a chance to see it.

JDeere 02-07-2015 10:53 PM

Paper Moon from 1973 with Ryan and Tatum O'Neal

I absolutely love this movie!

Blade 02-08-2015 12:58 AM

The Mase very weird movie. Mechanical spiders smh

JDeere 02-08-2015 03:05 AM

The Calling

About finding a serial killer