Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   "You should grow your hair out longer" lol (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4693)

Cuddles 03-01-2012 04:24 PM

"You should grow your hair out longer" lol

I've gotten two compliments on my haircut from random strangers this week. I'm used to a few compliments here and there.... and then there's my coworker this week who's a sweet, korean lady about 25 years older than me. I laughed cause she said, "You should grow your hair out longer, I like longer hair. Grow it out please!".

She's too sweet and too naive for me to get into a discussion about what being butch is all about. She's the kind of woman that hears a curse word from someone and audibly gasps in horror.

Still... she's quirky and fun and I'm cool with it lol. Just sharing randomness lol. :)

Words 03-01-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuddles (Post 539059)
I've gotten two compliments on my haircut from random strangers this week. I'm used to a few compliments here and there.... and then there's my coworker this week who's a sweet, korean lady about 25 years older than me. I laughed cause she said, "You should grow your hair out longer, I like longer hair. Grow it out please!".

She's too sweet and too naive for me to get into a discussion about what being butch is all about. She's the kind of woman that hears a curse word from someone and audibly gasps in horror.

Still... she's quirky and fun and I'm cool with it lol. Just sharing randomness lol. :)

Being butch is all about having short hair?

Oh boy, are you setting yourself up for some ass whooping. LOL...

Words

princessbelle 03-01-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

You know Cuddles, seriously. I have dated a couple butches with long hair. Short hair does not make the butch. Long hair does not make the femme or visa versa.

Diversity is the key.

Wear it like you wanna...be yourself. Above all else...be happy.

p.s. Randomness is fun :)

boobookitty 03-01-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Words (Post 539065)

Words

LOL... I am smiling and laughing-- My natural hair is LONG, like 36 inches long.
I wear wigs for a short hair 'look'... I posted a picture of me with a very short wig on FB and I had 3 emails then a phone call... all to find out if I had really cut my hair. 'NO' LOL... when Betty Boop, Mrs. Brady, June Cleaver (Leave it to Beaver) and the Mom, from Father Knows Best. (the list could go on forever)
All become butch icons, then maybe... MAYBE, ... short hair will make someone butch.

macele 03-01-2012 04:55 PM

at least she's not saying you should be married lol (the heterosexual way). or asking why not, and why no kids lol.

we must not forget the butch helped make the mullet a hot trend LOL.

i do know quite a few butches with longer hair. mine is about on my shoulders. but no mullet lol.

good for you on the cool haircut, cuddles. looking good!

TickledPink 03-01-2012 04:56 PM

Poor Cuddles, in all fairness, short hair is more a butch trend. Now, I'm gonna get my hand slapped for NOT being diverse, and I do know there are butch folks with LONG hair, but....still. I get your post.

And I love you sister Pricessbelle! muah.

princessbelle 03-01-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TickledPink (Post 539076)
Poor Cuddles, in all fairness, short hair is more a butch trend. Now, I'm gonna get my hand slapped for NOT being diverse, and I do know there are butch folks with LONG hair, but....still. I get your post.

And I love you sister Pricessbelle! muah.

I love you sister of the pure pinkness.

And can i just say, because i probably, most likely, i'm almost positive at this...stand alone with this statement BUT

I loved the mullets. I thought they were sexy, still do.

:byebye:

macele 03-01-2012 05:04 PM

ooo no princessbelle! say it ain't so! lol

i'm sure there are lots of butches that can make a mullet look sexy, indeed.

the percentage is for sure high, ... more butches with short hair. surely to goodness.

clay 03-01-2012 05:06 PM

hahaha this thread is funny!!! I love all the replies...and yes one should wear their hair the way they are most comfortable with. I wear mine short on sides and tops..and longer in back. In fact, mine is "longer" than my GF's...and we neither one are "defined" Butch OR Femme by hair length..being BUTCH or Femme is much deeper than damn hair length....jus' sayin'....carry on....rotflmao

PS THANK YOU Belle! I HATE that word "mullet" but like the "business in front and party in back" haircuts! grins

Random 03-01-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Words

LOL

I was sort of thinking the same thing...

Cause this femme like the #3 guard on her clippers and don't forget the neck... While her butch wears her hair just about to the middle of her back... (when I'm not cutting on it..heheh)

But the sun is shining, I'm not at work, and I understood that the butch in question was talking about what is butch for her/him....

ButchEire 03-01-2012 05:18 PM

I have extremely short hair but it has nothing to do with my identity. I simply hate having more than the minimum amount of hair.

funkyfemme 03-01-2012 05:42 PM

I prefer short hair on a butch but if they can rock the longer hair then, yeah, go for it. Anything but the Mullet, please. I just cannot handle the Mulls.

vixenagogo 03-01-2012 05:43 PM

lather.rinse.repeat.

do we really *always* have to split hairs?

Jess 03-01-2012 05:49 PM

workin on a combover.. back to front... grinz

Cuddles 03-01-2012 05:52 PM

I should have said "what being butch is all about TO ME (as in my personal preference for ME)"... my apologies.

WolfyOne 03-01-2012 05:53 PM

Wow, this thread certainly caught my attention, especially the OP :|

I have no words to describe what is playing in my mind right now :blink:

Will I lose my butch card for having long hair?

Cuddles 03-01-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 539104)
Wow, this thread certainly caught my attention, especially the OP :|

I have no words to describe what is playing in my mind right now :blink:

Will I lose my butch card for having long hair?

No and you should all not take what I said personal either. It was a comment directed at me about a random encounter with my co-worker.

macele 03-01-2012 06:20 PM

thank you, cuddles. for sharing with us. always. i love a sense of humor. :rrose:

Julie 03-01-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

My director is Japanese and every time she sees me... She says "Ju please grow out your hair." "I like long hair." And just as a side note: Short Hair is not a butch thing! Short hair is simply that. Short Hair!!! Being Butch is not about how short you wear your hair... It's more about who you are inside. If that were the case, you might as well just call me butch. I have been completely bald - crew cut - flat top and now this length.

Julie (Just call me Butch).

apretty 03-01-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Words

I didn't read the OP as stating that being butch is all about... short hair--I did read her as saying that she didn't want to have a conversation with a co-worker about what *butch* means.

Am I way off?