Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Little Things You Tell Yourself To Get You Through (A/The) Rough Spot (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5953)

kittygrrl 11-01-2012 10:23 PM

The Little Things You Tell Yourself To Get You Through (A/The) Rough Spot

Yesterday Today..Please share even if it seems silly, weird, ordinary, or even painful..it's could be the very thing needed by someone when they are facing a hump, bump, rough patch, or?????

Mine today was:

"No, you do not need that crunchy donut, it's not raw or vegan, and you will be so unhappy you gave in to "it" once you've had the last yummy bite" (I can't believe I am telling you this):worried:

Be Brave! Thanks

Hollylane 11-01-2012 10:27 PM

From the movie, Point of No Return, and said with dripping sarcasm and a saccharin smile....

"I never did mind about the little things..."

Dance-with-me 11-01-2012 10:32 PM

Getting me through today - hitting a raccoon which tore up the front end of my car, for which I now have a $500 deductible at a time that's very tough for me financially, and while I'm in the middle of one of the most stressful times of my life overall:

Grant me
the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

That gets me through pretty much every day these days.

Can I change what happened? No.
Can I change the outcome? No.
Can I accept that it is what it is without falling into the Pit of Despair? Yes.
Can I look, with a head that isn't overwhelmed with stress and depression, at what I might be able to do to help get through this difficult time? Yes.

Elijah 11-01-2012 10:46 PM

"Feelings aren't facts", "This too shall pass" or "You are not tragically unique" or more softly put...you aren't alone or the first one to go this.

But what helps most of all is to pick up the phone and talk to a friend who will be compassionate balanced with a little side of truth and reality.

Cody0166 11-01-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygrrl (Post 690035)
Mine today was:

"No, you do not need that crunchy donut, it's not raw or vegan, and you will be so unhappy you gave in to "it" once you've had the last yummy bite" (I can't believe I am telling you this):worried:

Be Brave! Thanks

BUSTED
All crunchy donuts are mine!:readrules:

:danglecarrot:

LeftWriteFemme 01-01-2013 08:10 PM

I play this song

RockOn 01-01-2013 08:32 PM

This is what I say to myself:

"I can stand it."

or

"Tighten up, you are not going to die from it."

or

"It's not that bad, get over it."

Then I do something to occupy my mind so I won't dwell on it.

And it does pass eventually ... or ... something worse comes up
and the original gets bumped to the back of the queue. (LOL! joking around)

TimilDeeps 01-01-2013 08:52 PM

All is well.

always2late 01-01-2013 08:59 PM

I've found that when I'm facing something daunting it helps me to tell myself "You WILL do this!" rather than "You can do this." For some reason, it just gives me more momentum and resolve.

MsTinkerbelly 01-01-2013 09:01 PM

I know it sounds hokey, but I really do "give it up to God"

MarquisdeShey 01-01-2013 09:06 PM

Sometimes I like to tell myself "you've done harder things than this" or "you will know what you're capable of when its finished"

Soft*Silver 01-01-2013 11:15 PM

I have survived so much in my life...things legends are made of. So I always tell myself I did all that..I can do (this) too.

I also am a firm believe in giving time time. Wait it out. Sometimes thats all I can do.

and if I am feeling particularly horsey at the time, my fall backs are...

"Just ride it like a good horse"

"Sit in the saddle until the ride is over..."

But then I also ask myself, whats my choice? To do this or die? Or lose a job? Or a friendship or? Just do it then.

And my last resort pep talk is "you know you wont survive prison"
and I mean it when I actually have to pull this one out!

Hollylane 01-01-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always2late (Post 727211)
I've found that when I'm facing something daunting it helps me to tell myself "You WILL do this!" rather than "You can do this." For some reason, it just gives me more momentum and resolve.

http://www.greenbookblog.org/wp-cont...Button-big.jpg

Fatale 01-01-2013 11:39 PM

I go for long walks. Sometimes in the city so I can just absorb, other times on trails where I can release. While on them I like to focus on how strong I feel, how good my body feels doing what it's designed to do.

I also remind myself that most people are more concerned with what their own ass looks like.

Rockinonahigh 01-02-2013 12:50 AM

When I use to ride hoprses for a liveing there were times I knew I was probly
in way over my head in competition with some other trainers with the horses they rode.I use to tell myself this...I am as well mounted as anyone just do what you know how to do best and trust in your team mate(horse) or make a plan now ride the plan.Some said it was corney but heck it worked for me.

Prudence 01-02-2013 10:48 AM

I stomp, scream, growl, cuss, hell-- I blow a gasket. Then I take a vigorous walk which usually brings tears. By the time I return home, my heads clear, and my lil inner voice whispers--- "lean not upon your own understanding."

cinnamongrrl 01-02-2013 11:03 AM

Something my dad always told me...

No matter how bad things are in your life, someone out there has it worse...that keeps me from drowning in a pity pool. It makes me realize, other people have overcome greater obstacles, I really have no right to complain :)

skeeter_01 01-02-2013 05:23 PM

I begin to thank my HP for giving me courage and strength to take care of what needs to be taken care of...even though I haven't felt the courage or strength yet...

I find my prayers work MUCH better for me when I say "thank you" instead of "please"...

Talon 02-11-2013 02:11 PM

One of two things that I say to myself, depending on the circumstance...

These feelings will pass.

Or...

Don't be a pussy.

Amber2010 02-11-2013 02:59 PM

When it gets really bad and I feel like I just can't take any more I tell my self, "This time next year this will just be a memory and I made it though another rough time" I know that sounds weird but that does help me through it knowing the things that hurt so bad a year ago even though they are there just are not as strong inside as they were that day.