Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What did you accomplish today? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2631)

Tommi 06-03-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nina (Post 351685)
I went to the store on valencia street, as planned...I showed some of my carry bags, and some of my lap-top bags to the owner...she liked them and said she'd be happy to carry them...we are going to do consignment for now, which is fine since she doubles the price, rather than some places which take a higher mark-up...I won't get the same as at a show or selling on line (which I suck at doing)...but, they will get seen, and it's fine by me...I'll go back next week with a selection and see what happens from there...the store is a good fit with some of my lines...

mostly I am glad I Did. It!!...it's such a struggle to 'get out there'...it is for most folks who make things---the whole selling part is the challenge...

so, it's not Great, but it's good (for me) and I'm glad I got over myself enough to do it...

I did other stuff, but I already yapped about that, and will do more of it in another thread...

Way to go..high 5 ^^. That is a way for someone else to enjoy the wonderfyl stuff you make. I know someone who has her wonderful works on Etsy, but I don't know how well they sell.

I know what you mean about selling stuff. I have trouble with my paintings, and usually let someone else do it for me.

StillettoDoll 06-05-2011 06:44 PM

Worked out
groomed 2 dogs
organized my craft room :gimmehug:

Nina 06-05-2011 06:58 PM

I finished a bag I have been dragging my ass about...
the bag is now out of the house and into the hands of the person who commissioned it
I talked to my best friend, since 7th grade, who lives in israel on skype
I made a beet and radish and walnut with blue cheese salad
I ate some of the above with barley and quinoa
I made cookies for my mother, packaged them, got them in the box to send out with 5 other packages in the morning
I had a great chat with my son
I have, almost, finished putting everything Back into the closet so I can walk through the livingroom...
I planned out a few more carry bags from a way cool banner showing the history of the printed word...I hope to make them tomorrow to take to the store
I spoke from my heart...I think I was respectful when I did, it was my intention
I barraged some poor folks with emails and notes and other annoying communications....
I tried to work on not being harsh on myself...
I made some plans...
I didn't let the cat in from next door...
I made this list which, if I reread it, I fear will look like a lazy and slothful day...I won't reread it then!!
OH---I got my beloved green boxes...which is not something *I* did, but something which I feel was accomplished, all the same

scootebaby 06-05-2011 07:08 PM

checked postage for postcards from Bahams to the USA----yeah i'm cheap like that :|

Miss Scarlett 06-05-2011 08:31 PM

Today i drove (after a fashion) a standard transmission vehicle for the very first time in my life...granted it was over a distance of way less than a mile, i squealed a lot, was terrified and i do mean terrified, afraid i was going to drive us both into the creek but OMG i did it! :cheerleader:

Now i do need to give credit where credit is due...the entire event was sprung upon me by a very special friend who has far more confidence in my abilities than i do and who is a very patient, understanding, excellent teacher who was not afraid i would harm his truck, didn't yell and someone whom i trust implicitly.

JustJo 06-05-2011 08:37 PM

Lazy Sunday...

• made coffee for me, tea for Rooster, bagel for us both
  • played in the Arcade for wayyyy too long
  • ate Mexican food with Scoote
  • vacuumed the living room and the couch
  • went to the beach....walked about 3500 steps
  • talked to my mother on the phone
  • that's about it :)

uglyboi 06-05-2011 09:00 PM

I have this wonderful boss who on Friday at 3:00 pm says, "Need you to get that spreadsheet done by Monday."

What damn spreadsheet you ____________ (fill in the blank).

She then explained what she wanted. She is nothing but a damn low down ___________ (fill in the blank) and needs to retire.

To make a long story short! I just spend 15 hours building a spreadsheet with so much information on it that it nearly made me puke. I thought it would never end. I had hot flashes, the shakes, and my eyes are now bleeding.

*spit*

Good night!

dixie 06-05-2011 09:02 PM

Finished every homework assignment that's due this week.

pajama 06-05-2011 09:30 PM

Not a damn thing. *shrug* I work best under pressure. I mean, moooost of the house is packed. I'll have Wednesday and Thursday to work on it. I think I should go back to read some more now. :D

dixie 06-06-2011 06:53 PM

Once again, I made it through Social Diversity class without punching the crazy lady in the back of the head. Mind you, I moved down a couple seats which I am now thankful for, because she was on a roll today. Not only did she make the comment that transgender individuals are "nasty freaks", but she also said today that she doesn't think she should have to share a public restroom with any woman who "looks butch", whether that woman is gay or not. I gritted my teeth, held my breath, counted to a gazillion. I did not punch her in the back of the head. That was my biggest accomplishment for today.

Rockinonahigh 06-06-2011 07:42 PM

I worked out this morning,then washed my car this evening.

bright_arrow 06-06-2011 09:07 PM

Got up on time and went to work
Ate lunch: tomato basil wrap, ranch dressing, cold roasted chicken, sunflower seeds and lettuce
Came home and (involuntarily) napped.. hard.
Remembered to move truck
Played a lot of WoW and earned more gold :p
Ate a pint of B&J ice-cream for dinner followed by a glass of water
Fed the goldfish
Put away dishes
Swept kitchen
Cleared counters - small kitchen, stuff tends to accumulate
Tidied up the 'foyer', put shoes back on rack, put clothes where they belonged
Vacuumed said room
Sorted through the pile of mail, tossed out 90% of it
Tidied up living room - you can tell we live in it during the weekends when we have the kiddo LOL
Sprayed the carpets with pet neutralizer stuff.. delaying shampooing because I've never done it before
Wrote out my dads' Father's Day card :)

bright_arrow 06-10-2011 10:14 AM

Got 8 hours of sleep
Did the dishes
Sent out college admissions packet, father's day cards and a letter to my sister-in-law

Watching an episode of Psych then going to work closing shift again

UofMfan 06-10-2011 10:55 AM

Quite a productive day thus far...
  • Made it in to work.
  • Had a chocolate chip muffin.
  • Gave the tour.
  • Got paid.
  • Heading for lunch soon.

Nina 06-10-2011 11:25 AM

some stuff 'n things...

not the least of which was lugging up 20 bottles of crack-water from the car, in one trip...I was mad, so I called upon my super-nina strength...I used to power lift...really

next, I plan to accomplish some junking on the way to the dentist, where he will accomplish what I ask...

I am never sure I do the right kind of posting in different threads...it all sounds like the same clacking to me...

(I do, for the most part, mean well)

Arwen 06-10-2011 11:34 AM

So far:
  • Drank/ate crunchy coffee
  • Ate brunch
  • Carried out recycling
  • Called in a hit on the hornets outside my front door
  • Walked dogs
  • Watered plants
  • Updated FB garden photo album with pictures
  • Filled bird feeder
  • Swept floors
  • Cleaned kitchen
  • Worked on job #4
  • Laughed with/at my friends and family on the Planet
  • Now I have to go get ready for job #1

Leigh 06-10-2011 12:56 PM

I got some chores done, had lunch & will be doing more chores shortly :-)

Tommi 06-10-2011 01:39 PM

R & R for Friday

I slept in till almost 9AM

I watched the Casey Anthony Trial on live stream. Have calmed my buddy down all morning. She is about to have her first baseline colonoscopy this afternoon, and has been on the phone every 30 minutes telling me the prep is going to kill. Sissssyyyyy

I went through DVD's and CD's and matched them back in their cases, and put them away.

Trial is live on www.orlnadosentinel.com

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...9563.htmlstory

pajama 06-10-2011 01:43 PM

Ok. So today starts at midnight technically right? So if that's the case, I have:

Unpacked, disassembled, over four BIG boxes of those colage photo frames. I just don't have the wall space, so I am going to scan all these pictures and spend a couple 100 (eventually) and get a digital picture frame. So anyway...took them apart neatly, then reassembled the picture-less frames for the yard sale. Did I mention there were over 30 tiny wallet size frames. :blink:

Then I went to the apartment to finish up the trim in the living room and my room, finish the painting of the radiator in the bathroom. When the car broke down. So I still accomplished that, and got the car towed, and carried the new "home decore" schmarm to the apartment, and decorated the bathroom and kitchen...a little.

hmmmm Oh and I :girleating:

Now getting ready to go to bed for a while, then start the big move day. Ugggghhhh

I kinda wanna cry...so I think I'll nap a while. :)

I may, or may not, update if I do anything else before midnight.

'night
A

Daktari 06-10-2011 03:18 PM

211 words :|