Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Clothing Multiples... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3959)

1QuirkyKiwi 10-06-2011 10:28 AM

Clothing Multiples...

It was loosely insinuated by my date at lunchtime that I may have an OCD with regards my clothes - I posted in another thread that I have 40 pairs of trousers (and only pair of legs, lol!). "Why do I have so many?" I was asked …… The truth is, my passion for fabrics means I cannot pass up a bargain when rolls of Linens, cottons and other fabrics go on Sale for stock clearance - I buy what I like, then over time I’ve cut out and sewn them to make clothes, and anything else I want/need, lol! Sometimes I admit, I love a particular fabric so much, I've made several blouses and tops, lol!

This .......err...... is economical and means I can NEVER say: "I don't have a thing to wear!" ...... only, I just can't decide what I want to wear! LOL!

Do you have multiples of the same item of clothing and why?

Kelt 10-06-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 432658)
It was loosely insinuated by my date at lunchtime that I may have an OCD with regards my clothes - I posted in another thread that I have 40 pairs of trousers (and only pair of legs, lol!). "Why do I have so many?" I was asked …… The truth is, my passion for fabrics means I cannot pass up a bargain when rolls of Linens, cottons and other fabrics go on Sale for stock clearance - I buy what I like, then over time I’ve cut out and sewn them to make clothes, and anything else I want/need, lol! Sometimes I admit, I love a particular fabric so much, I've made several blouses and tops, lol!

This .......err...... is economical and means I can NEVER say: "I don't have a thing to wear!" ...... only, I just can't decide what I want to wear! LOL!

Do you have multiples of the same item of clothing and why?

Guilty,

I really hate doing laundry, especially since I have a three flight spiral staircase of death between me and my machines. I don't want to do that drill anymore often than needed.

My justification? I troll great thrift shops; so, I'm really just contributing to the recycling movement, right?

:balloon:

LaneyDoll 10-06-2011 10:39 AM

I do not have clothing multiples but I do have shoe multiples...

I have two sets of 4" high sandals that are identical-except one is black & the other brown. And I have a black pair that is very similiar to those two sets.

I have three sets of 2" high sandals that are identical-except one is black, one is red and the other is navy.

I have two sets of 5" heels that are identical-except one is black & the other is brown.

I have two sets of 5" heels that are *almost* identical except that one has a leather piece going up the top of the foot and the other has woven material not leather.

I have three sets of clear shoes-same height (3") but the piece arcoss the top varies (one has silver accents, another has glitter and one is plain). I used these for costumes so they were altered in some way when I actually wore them.

It sounds horrible I know. But I buy shoes on clearance when the season ends and store them until the next year. The three identical (except color) pairs were 75% off and cost me about $5 each so I did not feel as guilty for choosing a variety.

:sparklyheart:

1QuirkyKiwi 10-06-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelt (Post 432664)
Gui, lty,

I really hate doing laundry, especially since I have a three flight spiral staircase of death between me and my machines. I don't want to do that drill anymore often than needed.

My justification? I troll great thrift shops; so, I'm really just contributing to the recycling movement, right?

:balloon:

A good enough reason! As a student - every Saturday morning was the ritual of go to the laundrette, then go for breakfast across the way, lol!

All recycling is good and thrift shops are utter heaven! LOL!

1QuirkyKiwi 10-06-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaneyDoll (Post 432665)
I do not have clothing multiples but I do have shoe multiples...

I have two sets of 4" high sandals that are identical-except one is black & the other brown. And I have a black pair that is very similiar to those two sets.

I have three sets of 2" high sandals that are identical-except one is black, one is red and the other is navy.

I have two sets of 5" heels that are identical-except one is black & the other is brown.

I have two sets of 5" heels that are *almost* identical except that one has a leather piece going up the top of the foot and the other has woven material not leather.

I have three sets of clear shoes-same height (3") but the piece arcoss the top varies (one has silver accents, another has glitter and one is plain). I used these for costumes so they were altered in some way when I actually wore them.

It sounds horrible I know. But I buy shoes on clearance when the season ends and store them until the next year. The three identical (except color) pairs were 75% off and cost me about $5 each so I did not feel as guilty for choosing a variety.

Laney, shoe mulitples are just as important as clothing! LOL! How many pairs of shoes do you have in total?

LaneyDoll 10-06-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 432676)
Laney, shoe mulitples are just as important as clothing! LOL! How many pairs of shoes do you have in total?

No idea-I am too ashamed to count them ;)

I love heels, love the way I look in them so I indulge in them. And, a size 7.5 is a perfect fit almost everytime so I can get them online. But, I am not a clothes horse so it kind of balances. And, I love to thrift store for clothes (not shoes) so save lots of money that way.

Amber2010 10-06-2011 02:01 PM

I find myself buying the same type of thing I have in the closet but I also buy small-medium-large depending on the weight going up or down hahaha
This also helps during the PMS time :)

Apocalipstic 10-06-2011 02:07 PM

If I like an article of clothing, I often buy it in several colors, then only actually wear the back version.

I have several of the same black tops, dresses, pants.

Kelt 10-10-2011 03:09 PM

This morning's finds from the thrift store:

3 x trousers

4 x ties

pullover shirt

ski sweater

windbreaker

All of which I need like a hole in the head

Grand total $30

How could I not? :|

1QuirkyKiwi 10-10-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelt (Post 435075)
This morning's finds from the thrift store:

3 x trousers

4 x ties

pullover shirt

ski sweater

windbreaker

All of which I need like a hole in the head

Grand total $30

How could I not? :|

You could always say that the Windbreaker, Pullover Shirt, Ski Sweater, along with warm socks and trousers are for the car in case you are caught in a snow blizzard (if you live in an area prone to them), lol! Also, the money you've spent is going to help those in need, :)

Soft*Silver 10-10-2011 09:18 PM

I do this with socks. I buy only black socks. And when I find a type I love, I buy only them.

1QuirkyKiwi 10-11-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softness (Post 435304)
I do this with socks. I buy only black socks. And when I find a type I love, I buy only them.

It's surprising how many people buy multiples of blouses, shirts, socks,etc, yet won't openly admit it, lol! Maybe, it for fear of ridicule?!

I admit to having 12 pairs of Thermal socks - six pairs in pink and six pairs in wine red. They are fantastically warm when out in the snow, but, they cannot be dried in the dryer, hence the multiples of these socks, lol! (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! LOL!)

willow 10-11-2011 08:39 AM

If I find something I really love and is super comfortable I will buy them/it in at least a couple of different colours.

I have the exact same pair of lightweight linen trousers in cream, black, white, mink, khaki, lime green and a pinky/redy colour.

Same tunic style linen top in white and lime.

Same low healed flip-flops in red and metalic

Same long sleeved T's in purple, white, black, green, red, pink and orange

Same short sleeved T's in white, black, green and sand

The T's are all staples, worn under other things such as fitted blouses and jackets or waistcoats and sweaters.

I don't have multiples of any other shoes/boots unless you call between 2 and 5 pairs of entirely different styled shoes/boots, in whatever colour, a multiple :p

1QuirkyKiwi 10-11-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flutter (Post 435471)
If I find something I really love and is super comfortable I will buy them/it in at least a couple of different colours.

I have the exact same pair of lightweight linen trousers in cream, black, white, mink, khaki, lime green and a pinky/redy colour.

Same tunic style linen top in white and lime.

Same low healed flip-flops in red and metalic

Same long sleeved T's in purple, white, black, green, red, pink and orange

Same short sleeved T's in white, black, green and sand

The T's are all staples, worn under other things such as fitted blouses and jackets or waistcoats and sweaters.

I don't have multiples of any other shoes/boots unless you call between 2 and 5 pairs of entirely different styled shoes/boots, in whatever colour, a multiple :p

My wardrobe staples are my Linen Palazzo Trousers - I wear pastel coloured Blouses with my various creams and natural colours and creams with my Wine red, Rosewood red and Terracotta colours. I have 7 pairs of Wool Crepe Palazzo's for more formal/Evening wear.

Hack 10-11-2011 03:23 PM

Perhaps this even afflicts butches. :/

I have 5 pairs of the same style of khakis from Old Navy in five different colors. Hot Potato being my favorite. I wear khakis for work every day, and these are versatile for polos, sweaters, regular shirts. Also can be worn on the weekends with just a tshirt. And I like they way they fit...or used to fit. They are all a bit baggy on me now.

1QuirkyKiwi 10-11-2011 03:30 PM

There's no reason why I can't apply to Butches - a good wardrobe is; one where you can have several outfits with just a few items and some clothes for lounging around.

wolfbittenpoet 10-11-2011 04:55 PM

I have 2 pairs of doc martens one brown one black. A pair of wranglers in every color.
5 hoodies all bought during spring clearances. Otherwise it's pretty grab bag around here.

BugsAndKisses 10-23-2011 05:55 PM

I live in sundresses, if I find one I like a whole lot I buy it in every color and pattern available

ruby_woo 10-24-2011 09:59 PM

I have five of the exact same black t-shirt from Old Navy. What can I say, v-necks are flattering.

And I have probably ten blue dresses. :/ I have a blue dress problem.

Abigail Crabby 10-24-2011 10:02 PM

I bought 3 of the same sundresses - each was a diff cloth and pattern, but each was the same style...They looked nice and were on sale.

I have several pairs of the same shorts in several colors

Same thing for tops, I buy them in several colors

if something works for me and they come in diff colors, I'll buy them..