Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4681)

femmennoir 02-26-2012 09:30 AM

Going organic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 536074)
This is a biggie for me too, so how does one tell someone it's annoying as hell without being RUDE?

By simply telling the someone that reading the paper is a solitary pleasure they will be able to enjoy when I am finished with said paper. Nothing rude about that......

Elle*

girl_dee 02-26-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femmennoir (Post 536086)
By simply telling the someone that reading the paper is a solitary pleasure they will be able to enjoy when I am finished with said paper. Nothing rude about that......

Elle*

that could work!

in the moment i wanna say

*DO you MIND?????????????*

not much finesse when i am peeved.

WolfyOne 02-26-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 536084)
LOL what about when other people undermine you?

like when i am correcting my dog i don't want to hear *ohhh it's ok" and then continuing on like i just didn't correct my own dog

my dog, my rules!

Oh sure, let me add another thing to my peeves

When I had a dog, she was trained so well by me, no one would dare correct me :|

And as for the crumbs in anything, my brother would do it when we were kids and butter in the jelly jar
My peeves started oh so many years ago...wondering now if that will make me hard to live with
Surely there is one person out there that will accept me as I am...flawed with peeves, oh yes I am

SoulShineFemme 02-26-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smouldering (Post 535805)
See when i walk into a bathroom and the shower curtain is closed.. I get the heebie jeebies and have to make sure noone is behind the curtain ready to get me lol :praying:

My daughter has a bad habit of putting glasses of milk into the fridge or putting empty containers/boxes etc back in their places instead of throwing them out.. grrr lol..

I also get a bit huffy if things are moved and I don't know where too!

I agree. I don't like the shower curtain closed. I want a very clear view of what's in there without having to slide that curtain back.

I also HATE, HATE, HATE to walk into a dark house. Please leave ONE light on in the entryway so that I can see what's going on. A completely dark (hopefully) empty house is a big pet peeve of mine.

ONLY 02-26-2012 09:47 AM

Let's see...........

1- If I am having a conversation with you I do not appreciate that you look at your text and start texting.....

2- I don't like to be late for anything....and sure don't like to wait for someone who is running late (because of lack of organization, lost track of time, lack or respect etc)

3- While driving, if I let you in to merge, it doesn't take much to give a "Thank you"

4- When someone doesn't let you merge and you are at the end of your lane......that PISSES me off!!!!! Let me merge you idiot, might take 5 seconds off your ride.....WOW sorry....IDIOTS!!!!

oh one more...

5- I do not like word "DEAR" and also don't like that someone uses a term of endearment towards me, unless you are my girl/.

dixie 02-26-2012 09:47 AM

People who are late or who take forever to leave the house when we have plans to go somewhere. Or if there are plans to do something, don't keep sitting on the computer or in front of the tv saying "in a minute, in a minute" for two+ hours until we're either late or missed our plans. If there's a legitimate reason such as you don't feel good or want to change the plans, TELL ME EARLIER. Don't make me sit there ready and waiting.

ONLY 02-26-2012 09:53 AM

okay I forgot a few :p

People who say they will do something and don't

People who use the word "LOVE" and don't mean it

People who use the words "I PROMISE" and don't mean it

I think I might have used the words "I PROMISE" a handful of times, because I know that things happen and we can't always follow through with it. So if I were to use it I say "I Promise to try my best" but again, I have rarely said even that. And have only said "I LOVE YOU" to very limited people. And that would be to my family or to the person I am involved with at the time.

*Anya* 02-26-2012 09:58 AM

Popping gum, blowing bubbles and then popping, chewing gum with mouth open-like a cow; makes me insane!!

I like to chew gum on occasion but never, ever snap or pop or chew with my mouth open, ever!!

People that talk in a movie theater during the movie with a running commentary, also make me want to scream.

People that bring infants to the movies- ditto. I would get a babysitter when my girls were small or I just did not go!

Besides crying babies during a movie- parents that bring small or school-age children to an R-rated movie! I sat next to a mom that kept putting her hands over the child's eyes during the sex scenes! As though the kid could not hear the simulated sex noises and grunts! Oh lord, I was cringing and had to move my seat!

Oh and add cell phones that ring during a movie and the person answers it and has a conversation!

Cell phone discussions anywhere that is a quiet space, where the person loudly carries on any inappropriate conversation that I would rather not hear! Geesh! Do not get that whole thing either. There is no escape when you are waitungvin a line anywhere.

Anal, OCD, why yes I am!! There are just some things I can't tolerate and these are the worst offenders for me.

girl_dee 02-26-2012 10:10 AM

what about the nose picker in the car next to you?

HELLO those are windows not walls and we don't wanna see!

Glenn 02-26-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 536136)
what about the nose picker in the car next to you?

HELLO those are windows not walls and we don't wanna see!

O how i hate that! I beatup a kid sitting next to me in school for doing that.

I get a peeve on when my mattress is away from the headboard more than three inches.

Gentle Tiger 02-26-2012 10:31 AM

Crumbs or whatever was on the knife now in the jelly.

Chewing with your mouth open.

Food items in the cupboard/pantry turned in multiple directions.

girl_dee 02-26-2012 11:09 AM

i am much better about this but all the cans turned in different directions, how can you SEE what is in them?

Ebon 02-26-2012 11:20 AM

Don't like this thread. I'm usually the one that leaves crumbs in the butter. It's all a plan. The crumbs are soaking up the butter so they will have more flavor.

WolfyOne 02-26-2012 11:22 AM

Here's one not mentioned, the bills in my pocket have to all be facing the same way.
Larger bills first, small bills last, fold neatly and put in my pocket.

Ever see someone pull crumpled bills out of their pocket?
Makes me want to cringe and I so want to smooth them back out.

girl_dee 02-26-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebon (Post 536184)
Don't like this thread. I'm usually the one that leaves crumbs in the butter. It's all a plan. The crumbs are soaking up the butter so they will have more flavor.

LOL well then you would have your own butter ! i do love that logic though.

anyone fiddling with their hair in the kitchen, pet peeve.

dark_crystal 02-26-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Anya* (Post 536117)
People that bring infants to the movies- ditto. I would get a babysitter when my girls were small or I just did not go!

People in the library who do not react to their baby starting to cry by getting up and immediately moving in the direction of the bathroom or the exit

funkyfemme 02-26-2012 11:51 AM

Usage snob...

your - you're
to - too
their - there - they're

Just a few that drive me batty.

Then there's the whole issue of puncuation, or lack thereof! Huge peeve if I have to read an entire paragraph and there's not one single period. I know, I know, it's petty really but this stuff makes me crazy!

*Anya* 02-26-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebon (Post 536184)

Lol Ebon!

You are in the wrong thread!

:)

chai~ 02-26-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy (Post 535849)
When someone waits until they're on the other side of the house to yell a question at you. I hate being "yelled" at. If I'm in another room it'll keep until I get back. Really. It will. Always. Unless we've been invaded by ninjas. If -- and only if -- we've been invaded by ninjas, pirates or vikings is it then OK to screech at me from another room. Seriously... *deep breath*

GGGGRRRRR!!!! I HATE being yelled at!!!!!
Grates on my fricken last nerve!
Wait till I'm in the room!
Or come look for me!

The trying to suck something out of the teeth!
The slurp, still there, slurp, still there......
go get some frakkin dental floss already!!!

Yes, reading over my shoulder unless I have invited you to check something out.
And PLEASE don't hover!!!!!
I need my 3 foot radius thankyouverymuch!

Lateness is a biggie for me too.
Don't disrespect me like that.
I am NEVER one to keep people waiting.
I am never fashionably late for anything.
I plan my time carefully to be where I said I would be at a specific time.
I will leave the house without you.

chai~ 02-26-2012 01:45 PM

It bugs me when people wear shoes in the house.
If you come over for a visit, please take them off!
I don't know where you've walked!
I don't know if you've walked through someone's hork on the sidewalk!

My home is my nice clean sanctuary!
Leave your dirty dusty shoes at the door!
I don't wear shoes in your home.
Please don't wear them in mine!