Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Snow.......how much did you get??? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849)

LeftWriteFemme 02-10-2010 10:55 AM

Snow.......how much did you get???

White-out conditions are blurring the view from my window. :anothersnowman:

Share how many inches you've gotten, this hour, this day, this week, this month or this year, whichever number is important to you! I just want to hear how much you got!

Snow kisses,

Sherrie

Andrew, Jr. 02-10-2010 11:45 AM

Blizzard

This is the first time since the 1800's that we have had snow like this. The first storm dumped about 3 feet in some areas. Then yesterdays storm dumped another 20+ inches of snow.

The snow is so deep that the children can't play outside in it. It is above their heads.

Most major expressways are being snowplowed and salted. Minor roads/streets and side roads need back hoes to dig them out.

Most gas stations have pretty much run out of gas. Grocery stores have run out of food. Even Dollar Stores are out of stock.

One of the major problems we have now is where to put the snow. It is just such an overwhelming amount. People's roofs are caving in. The aluminum car covers and garage type of sheds are also collaping from the heaviness of the snow.

Power outages are common. Thank God I have power. If I didn't, I would have to walk to a hotel or some where else of the like. I just cannot imagine living for weeks on end without power. Even having a generator, and having to hook up all the electrical cords attached to that. Just too much.

Some folks are using their fireplaces around the clock, and forget about them, and then you see on the news how houses are being burnt to the ground from a spark or two. Fire hydrants are impossible to see. Even when digging them out, or with the metal flags on them, they are still buried in the snow or have broken off with the brutal wind gusts.

I have been trying to keep a small area for Dino to go to the bathroom. He has to see green grass to go. Well, I gave up on that after the 1st storm. Dino is bundled up in a thick sweater.

I have had enough of the snow. I hope and pray that this is it for us. It really has stopped everything here. Literally everything. :praying:

ruthie14 02-10-2010 11:50 AM

Last time 28 inches... this time tbd... still going strong!

Jess 02-10-2010 12:14 PM

We've had three ( I think ) rounds of snow/ sleet/ ice/ freezing rain thus far. That's a lot for this area, which might typically get a good bout once a season.
That on top of the three or so weeks of sub zero temps here have made for a rather unpleasant Winter.

This is the South by golly! If I had wanted this I would be up North!!! LOL!

I'm not sure anymore what the totals are we have gotten here. I have been too bummed about it to keep up!

Andrew! Dude! Sounds really rough. You be careful and stay warm!

suebee 02-10-2010 01:19 PM

Last year this time all I could see out my front window was the snowbank. This year I haven't even worn boots yet. We get the odd couple of inches and then it rains or we have a warm day and it all goes away. No chance at all of ignoring all that dog poop out on the lawn. :eyebrow:

Medusa 02-10-2010 01:23 PM

We got a foot of snow Sunday night and into Monday morning. It's barely starting to melt today. I've kinda been enjoying the time off of work :)

Semantics 02-10-2010 01:41 PM

We have 2-3 inches so far but it's just started.

Daktari 02-10-2010 02:09 PM

none - it's been like a crisp spring day here today.....thankfully.

In the town I live we had all our snow over the holiday period and haven't seen any since...that's not the case for other towns in the UK though.

Sachita 02-10-2010 03:13 PM

I use to live in the Adirondacks in a beautiful village by Lake George. I loved it there but the winters were too cold, too long and the novelty of snow wore off after the first winter.

I moved to southern va for 4 seasons and mild winters. This season I feel like I'm in NY. We have had 3 snow storms since Dec. Its fucking cold too. If we have more winters like this I'm moving. I hate it.

We have had 8-14 inches, lots of ice, today major wind making snow ice. ugh

cara 02-10-2010 03:50 PM

we have been lucky this year. not a single flake, but plenty of rain. our plants and trees are showing signs of spring! i was worried because last year we had months and months of snow and ice. not fun!

DapperButch 02-10-2010 05:53 PM

This past Saturday my area got 25 inches and with today's storm we must be at about 13 inches so far. It is supposed to continue until 12AM or so, and we are to get 24 inches.

Work was closed yesterday and I received word that we will be closed again tomorrow.

I would much rather be working than have to use 2 days of vacation time and spend all day shoveling! :rant:

Corkey 02-10-2010 06:15 PM

Last year we had a total of 149.4 inches.
I'm not gonna complain about the measly 12-18 inches total this year.
:bringcoffee::threadneedspics:

Blade 02-10-2010 06:18 PM

No snow this far south this week.

Rockinonahigh 02-10-2010 06:32 PM

So far we havent had anything but cold and rain.The weatherman says we are suposed to have snow on the ground by sometimes late Thursday night or Friday morning.I live in the south and may after this winter move to a south sea island..gimmie 80 degrees any day.Really we havent had any kind of real snow in near 18 years,on the news just now they were geting out the heavy equipment to do battle with the weather.
Rockin

Tommi 02-10-2010 10:35 PM

7 to 10 inches she whispered.Is it snowing.

I have the rains mainly on the plain, and that causes the houses to wash down the drain. Mudslides are causing evacuations an hour north of me.

My girl says 7 to 10 inches is just right.. :kissy:...Ahhhh..and about the snow..

I grew up in SW Penna, and I left the snow for Fantasyland, and the sunshine of the Pacific.

Jess 02-10-2010 10:44 PM

Saw on the news earlier that Baltimore had banned driving. Worst storm ever was reported from DC.. Holy snowballs Batman! :snowballfight::batman:

Write14u 02-10-2010 11:14 PM

Snow? What's that?

Jess 02-10-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Write14u (Post 48027)
Snow? What's that?

You ain't funny! :cracked:

Mr. Moon 02-11-2010 10:52 AM

Let's see....

30 the first storm, another 20 something this time....

My body is wondering wth I'm doing to it....

oy!!

At least I have electric still!

LeftWriteFemme 02-11-2010 11:06 AM

I shoveled 5 times and now I am feeling I should brave the cleaning off of the vehicles..... I'm not thrilled about the prospect, but sooner begun, soonest done!