Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

nycfem 10-06-2012 06:43 PM

Laruss and Gemme's jewelry packages arrived today!

So now have: Laruss, Gemme, Leftwritefemme, Amiyesiam, and Cara's jewelry!

Have heard from Tommi and will receive soon.

Still need to hear from Femmenoir and LadyRain. I sent them each a PM this afternoon.

I know I keep saying it but I'm so wowed by how different each package of jewelry is! They are all so beautiful and unique!

:rrose:

Tommi 10-06-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 669836)
Laruss and Gemme's jewelry packages arrived today!

So now have: Laruss, Gemme, Leftwritefemme, Amiyesiam, and Cara's jewelry!

Have heard from Tommi and will receive soon.

Still need to hear from Femmenoir and LadyRain. I sent them each a PM this afternoon.

I know I keep saying it but I'm so wowed by how different each package of jewelry is! They are all so beautiful and unique!

:rrose:

It's coming, but check --my PMs and messages requesting correct addy have been unanswered. I am at a loss..and well, u know how that can be for me. :mohawk:

spritzerJ 10-07-2012 06:33 AM

Hello Crafty Folks,

I have a question....
Curious if anyone has had a table at a bazaar or craft fair before and if they had any hints or suggestions.

Was it worth it (cost wise)? What would you do different or not do?

I am looking at joining a couple this November. And dare I say the last craft fair I participated in I was 8. My best friend and I stenciled gift bags. What a cute memory. We were so earnest!

Thank you!

ahk 10-07-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzerJ (Post 670170)
Hello Crafty Folks,

I have a question....
Curious if anyone has had a table at a bazaar or craft fair before and if they had any hints or suggestions.

I am looking at joining a couple this November. And dare I say the last craft fair I participated in I was 8. My best friend and I stenciled gift bags. What a cute memory. We were so earnest!

Thank you!

I have on several different occasions.

Was it worth it? Sometimes. I think it just depended on the venue and what I was selling at the time. i.e I was selling printed tshirts @ pride and made big bang profit, another time I was selling hand made incense holders and made a small profit. and another time I was selling the same tshirts at a gay rodeo and made next to nothing.

Another thing is to watch how much you have to pay for the table/booth -- do you feel that you'll make profit or just break out even?

Recently, I was asked to be part of Trans Selling Art Fair and I paid nothing to be part of it and what I did sell was great because it was extra money for my pocket and the expenses I had to print up for the project.

I wish you good luck on your fairs and sellings this year!! What do you make?

Best to you!

nycfem 10-09-2012 05:49 PM

If anyone wants to reach out via PM, visitor message or psychic connection to Femmenoir or Lady Rain about what their status is for sending me their jewelry projects, please don't hesitate. I am trying but without any luck.

clay 10-09-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzerJ (Post 670170)
Hello Crafty Folks,

I have a question....

Thank you!

hey Spritzer! I have done many shows all over the East Coast (SC/NC/Ga/Fla) all with varying degrees of profitability!
1. Our rule of thumb was to recoup about 5 times the booth fee to be of profit. (booth fees being: lowest being $30 and highest being $100)
2. Time...your time...is worth something in addition to cost of suppliesso ALL of that has to be factored in. I would mark up my items 5 times or more dependent on my costs put into them, factoring time.
3. Travel, if any distance at all, is a factor (gas, etc)
4. Cost of meals for doing said show are a factor
Doing Craft Fairs/Shows are a lot of fun if one doesn't have a lot of travel, supply costs, and meals costs.
All I can say is to venture out....nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
Supply & Demand is also a huge factor.
I found putting a price below an even dollar amount to be a better "marketing ploy" ie: instead of $20, I would do $19.95. You would NOT believe what a difference that number actually made in selling an item. And that was total price. I had factored in my sales taxes so it was that number totallly.
Good luck..what would you be selling, if I may ask???
Selling foods, etc is a HUGE hassle...health inspections, food permits, and those booth fees are always exorbitant!!!

cara 10-09-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 672402)
If anyone wants to reach out via PM, visitor message or psychic connection to Femmenoir or Lady Rain about what their status is for sending me their jewelry projects, please don't hesitate. I am trying but without any luck.

Done!

:)

laruss 10-09-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laruss (Post 657179)
Okay, I know our latest project isn't done yet. It isn't due until the 30th, but I have a new idea. When would be a good time to present it?

I am ready for the next project :pendulum:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 657186)
How about after we receive our Altoid tins (the project before the jewelry)? You'll know when we receive them because we'll post about it :)

Back a while ago (September 18th) I had asked about a new project I had an idea for. I am currently displaced and most likely will be moving cities in the next few weeks so I am going to ask if I can present my project idea in the new year.

I look forward to the next project though.

SingularNYCFemme 10-09-2012 08:56 PM

I am still actively entertaining the notion that one day I might just join in on one of these projects. In the meantime, I want to thank you all for allowing my completely uncrafty self to live vicariously through your thrilling exploits of creativity and wonder!

nycfem 10-13-2012 09:20 PM

Hey, everyone!

I sent out the jewelry packages today! A few notes:

1) You will all get an extra two back because I never did hear from or receive anything from Lady Rain and Femmenoir. I don't mind waiting as long as is needed if told but since I wasn't even getting responses back from them I just had to give up after a certain amount of time. Thanks to those who also tried to reach out to them.

2) Tommi you made an extra for someone who wasn't in the project, Pixie. I think that is the second time you have done that, and it is very sweet :). I sent it back to you.

3) Gemme didn't attach names to her projects, so hers are the cute woven friendship bracelets. I think everyone else labeled theirs who they are from, and some people created special made pieces for individuals.

4) You will love it all! Every person chose something different! Thanks for participating!

nycfem 10-13-2012 09:24 PM

So I'm thinking about the next project. I was hoping we'd get our tins from the project (wrangled by Lady Rain) before the jewelry project, but we haven't yet, so maybe we just need to move on. I actually have no doubt that at some point Lady Rain will send us our tins because she's someone who disappears for awhile but ultimately reappears. I will have to do a Rain dance :). Seriously, hope everything is okay with you, Lady Rain. We love and worry about you.

I know Laruss mentioned a project for January. Do we want to wait until then given the busy holiday season? Do we want ahk to host a low-maintenance postcard/photo project in between if he is still interested? What do you all think?

laruss 10-13-2012 09:41 PM

I would gladly take part in a project

Gemme 10-13-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 675081)
So I'm thinking about the next project. I was hoping we'd get our tins from the project (wrangled by Lady Rain) before the jewelry project, but we haven't yet, so maybe we just need to move on. I actually have no doubt that at some point Lady Rain will send us our tins because she's someone who disappears for awhile but ultimately reappears. I will have to do a Rain dance :). Seriously, hope everything is okay with you, Lady Rain. We love and worry about you.

I know Laruss mentioned a project for January. Do we want to wait until then given the busy holiday season? Do we want ahk to host a low-maintenance postcard/photo project in between if he is still interested? What do you all think?

I'd be up for low maintenance, non time intensive project during the holiday season.

amiyesiam 10-13-2012 11:59 PM

I would be up for something very easy and then a project after the holidays.

SingularNYCFemme 10-14-2012 08:20 AM

An easy, low-maintenance dip-your-big-toe-in project might be fun. :tea:

Tommi 10-14-2012 11:15 AM

It's autumn, soon Thanksgiving. :turkeyday: How about a short sign up time, something simple as an autumn leaf, a colorful carcboard card, around Thanksgiving.

Then , like the New Year we get back on track. I agree about moving on without my rusty stuck together tins.

I am offf to the races....bye. :cowboihorse::knighthorse::horseriding: :horseriding: :horseriding:
. :mohawk:

Corkey 10-14-2012 01:30 PM

I'm up for the project ahk suggested.

deb0670 10-14-2012 01:36 PM

i am up for an easy project for my first time.

ahk 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

HI.

Here I am-- thanks to Peach for giving me an heads up that folks are interested. So who would be interested in a small post card exchange. The one I was thinking about would be: Your World. You take a photograph of "your world" (could be your living room, your work space, your car, your family -- anything that you feel is part of you) and send it to each one who ever is joining.

The last one I did, I took several different pics, wrote on the back of what I was taking a pic of, and who I was, and sent them out randomly. If you use a reg size photo (4x6) all you would need is a postcard stamp --- (.32).

So how does that sound? Sound like your cup of tea? :tea: :wine: or glass of wine-- If so-- lets do it!!

{PS. -- How do you all do this (as a host or getting them sent out or getting each others addresses etc)}

1. ahk :sock:

Corkey 10-14-2012 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=ahk;675576]HI.

Here I am-- thanks to Peach for giving me an heads up that folks are interested. So who would be interested in a small post card exchange. The one I was thinking about would be: Your World. You take a photograph of "your world" (could be your living room, your work space, your car, your family -- anything that you feel is part of you) and send it to each one who ever is joining.

The last one I did, I took several different pics, wrote on the back of what I was taking a pic of, and who I was, and sent them out randomly. If you use a reg size photo (4x6) all you would need is a postcard stamp --- (.32).

So how does that sound? Sound like your cup of tea? :tea: :wine: or glass of wine-- If so-- lets do it!!

(PS. -- How do you all do this (as a host or getting them sent out or getting each others addresses etc)

1. ahk :sock:
2. Corkey