Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

Medusa 04-13-2014 10:26 AM

Half inchie bliss today!!

Working on mine! :)

candy_coated_bitch 04-13-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 904150)
Half inchie bliss today!!

Working on mine! :)

Me TOO! I am really happy with how they are turning out, and I haven't even lost any yet LOL. I have an inchie project going on right now, too, and I swear to God they now look enormous. :|

Tommi 04-16-2014 09:23 AM

Ready.....

We are Back from a week in Vegas, vacation and fun fun fun.

All relaxed and ready to do the teeniest of tiny itty bitty lil projects. :rrose:

nanners 04-17-2014 09:12 AM

So, the packages all went out this morning, and the US ones should all arrive Monday, the Canada one will take longer. Whoooo hoo!

nycfem 04-17-2014 01:42 PM

Great to hear, Nanners! Were there any people who dropped out or did you end up receiving them all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanners (Post 904800)
So, the packages all went out this morning, and the US ones should all arrive Monday, the Canada one will take longer. Whoooo hoo!

sis 04-20-2014 02:38 AM

So, I'm poking my nose in here and wondering about the next exchange. Ya see, its that time of year for me ..... I'll be heading to Canada for the summer vacation on July 5th and I would love to be able to mail something in for an exchange like I did last year. I'm wondering if anyone has some ideas about this. I'm not able to wrangle an exchange as I'm more of a follower for this type of activity. I consider myself to be an okay participant in that I'm able to make the deadline. More importantly, having something sent to me in Canada would be less expensive than postage to and from China. Any thoughts??

Oh, and yes, I acknowledge y'all are in the middle of a project but I believe that will end soon. Again, this is just my wonderings and hoping that there might be a project in which I can participate.

Deb

Gemme 04-20-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 901790)

An Artist Trading Card (ATC) is a 2.5" x 3.5" mini work of art. An "Inchie" is the same but even smaller, 1" by 1" piece of art. A half inchie is a .5" by .5" piece of art. Tiny, tiny, tiny! Max of 10 people have signed up. That means you make 9.

There are no requirements for how you decorate your half inchies, but please only decorate one side, and write your name lightly in pencil on the back of each half inchie. If you want to specify who each half inchie is for, then write that on the back too (Practice your tiny script!). They can be ornate or very simple, whatever pleases your inner child. Please include 1 dollar (an actual dollar, no checks or money orders) for mailing costs.

Please get them to me by the end of April. I will mail them out May 1st COME HELL OR HIGH WATER, so don't even think of being late. Also, I live in a building that will not sign for packages, and my husbutch and I work so DO NOT send them with any requirement for receiving in person or signing for delivery. I will not deal with the horrible nyc post office and so it will wait and come right back to you.

1. nycfem/Jennifer
2. CCB
3.Besame
4. nanners
5. okieblu
6. Tommi
7. Medusa
8. Ts_kaijira
9.suzanne (ami)
10. Gemme

I'm done!

I kept it simple so I wouldn't stress myself out and they actually came out kinda neat. I broke the rules though. I couldn't use pencil on the back, so I just put a big ole G on the back in marker so folks will know which end is up, cuz my design's a bit confusing. I made extras in case something fell off of one or got messed up. If all of them come to you fine, please send any leftovers back.

I'll mail them in the next couple of days.

nycfem 04-20-2014 05:42 PM

*bumping* my Q to Nanners so it doesn't get lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 904841)
Great to hear, Nanners! Were there any people who dropped out or did you end up receiving them all?

Sis, what dates will you be in Canada? Then we can make sure the next project fits in so that you can participate. I know I always miss it when you are not participating.

nanners 04-20-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 904841)

Oops, Sorry nycfem....Sweet Bliss and Soft_Silver never got their projects to me so I am assuming they both dropped out.

nycfem 04-20-2014 06:10 PM

Okay, thanks, Nanners. Can't wait to see the projects!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanners (Post 905264)
Oops, Sorry nycfem....Sweet Bliss and Soft_Silver never got their projects to me so I am assuming they both dropped out.

sis 04-21-2014 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 905263)
Sis, what dates will you be in Canada? Then we can make sure the next project fits in so that you can participate. I know I always miss it when you are not participating.

I will arrive on Saturday, July 5th but will only be able to get to a post office on Monday, July 7th. I will come with my 'stuff' ready to be posted. I leave around August 9th to head back to China. I'm thinking that my items would pretty much arrive at the wrangler's home within a couple of weeks. In order to receive something before I leave for China, the wrangler would probably have to send something to me right away as it takes a few weeks to get to Canada - our mail system is ssllooowwww! I do enjoy participating but I'm also okay drooling from afar if the time period isn't conducive for a project.

Deb

Gemme 04-21-2014 06:34 PM

I got my package, despite my mail carrier's best efforts to rip it up by cramming it into a too small box.

Lovely work and there's a sweet piece of artwork prominently displayed on my fridge now.

My work is on its way to Jennifer as of lunch time today. For once, I'm not in the back of the pack.

Remember, there's no wiggle room on the deadline this time. The wrangler said come 'Hell or high water'.

That means bidnazz.

deb0670 04-21-2014 08:21 PM

YAY!!! I received everyone's art work and wow y'all are so talented!!! I hope y'all liked mine just a smudge as much as I like yours!! Thank y'all very much!

Bèsame* 04-21-2014 09:59 PM

I received my mail today as well! Now I want to know who's is who. Why didn't you sign it? Hmmmmm

Mine..large pink with 9 Inchies , with paper lace.

amiyesiam 04-21-2014 10:05 PM

I got my project today and I am so enjoying everyones work!

Gemme 04-22-2014 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 905423)
I received my mail today as well! Now I want to know who's is who. Why didn't you sign it? Hmmmmm

Mine..large pink with 9 Inchies , with paper lace.

I think all of those I got were labeled. I had to look in some nooks and crannies for it, but it's there, except for one and that lead to a little deductive reasoning on my end. I'm getting lazy in my old age, so there are a lot from me that are just marked 'G' on the back.

Hint: mine came in a big envelope with two individual pieces in it and everyone's name stickered on the front and a flower sticker sealing the back.

nycfem 04-22-2014 03:19 PM

Who made the amazing little book?

Who made the coloring book page?

nycfem 04-22-2014 03:28 PM

Deb, tell us a date you want the next project due, and then whomever wrangles the next project can make that the due date. It would be great to have you in the next round and take advantage of you being in Canada!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sis (Post 905305)
I will arrive on Saturday, July 5th but will only be able to get to a post office on Monday, July 7th. I will come with my 'stuff' ready to be posted. I leave around August 9th to head back to China. I'm thinking that my items would pretty much arrive at the wrangler's home within a couple of weeks. In order to receive something before I leave for China, the wrangler would probably have to send something to me right away as it takes a few weeks to get to Canada - our mail system is ssllooowwww! I do enjoy participating but I'm also okay drooling from afar if the time period isn't conducive for a project.

Deb

Gemme 04-22-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 905503)
Who made the amazing little book?

Who made the coloring book page?

The book is mine but it should have come inside a sealed envelope with the paper and fabric flower. I also marked the back with a G. Did you not get that?

I surmised (sp?) that the coloring book page was Deb's.

nycfem 04-22-2014 04:56 PM

Yes I did, Gemme, but just had a brain fart type of moment, thank you. And I think you are correct in your surmising about which was Deb's.

Gemme 04-22-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 905511)
Yes I did, Gemme, but just had a brain fart type of moment, thank you. And I think you are correct in your surmising about which was Deb's.

Oh good!!! I was worried for a second there.

sis 04-22-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 905504)
Deb, tell us a date you want the next project due, and then whomever wrangles the next project can make that the due date. It would be great to have you in the next round and take advantage of you being in Canada!

I can plan on sending my items by a quick service through Canada Post on Monday, July 7th. I anticipate they should be there by the following Monday at the latest (July 14th). If everything could be in by Friday, July 18th. That would allow the wrangler a few days to do the sorting and then mailing of our work. This timeline should allow USPS to get the work to me before I leave Canada. Otherwise, any delays in the deadline would mean a special service would have to be used and that is costly.

Deb

nycfem 04-22-2014 05:32 PM

So maybe the due date for the next project, or the one after it if there's a quickie in between, should be July 15th to be safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sis (Post 905516)
I can plan on sending my items by a quick service through Canada Post on Monday, July 7th. I anticipate they should be there by the following Monday at the latest (July 14th). If everything could be in by Friday, July 18th. That would allow the wrangler a few days to do the sorting and then mailing of our work. This timeline should allow USPS to get the work to me before I leave Canada. Otherwise, any delays in the deadline would mean a special service would have to be used and that is costly.

Deb

deb0670 04-22-2014 09:54 PM

i hope the coloring was not too bad.. my next project will be better i promise. * hides face*

amiyesiam 04-22-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb0670 (Post 905551)
i hope the coloring was not too bad.. my next project will be better i promise. * hides face*

There was nothing wrong with your current project.:)

sis 04-23-2014 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 905518)
So maybe the due date for the next project, or the one after it if there's a quickie in between, should be July 15th to be safe.

That would be great! Sure hope Canada Post doesn't disappoint! lolol

Deb

nycfem 04-23-2014 06:34 PM

Received half-inchies so far from nycfem (me), Gemme, Amiyesiam, CCB, and Besame's are on their way. I plan to mail out on May 1st so please make sure I have them all by then, thanks. I am awaiting (but they are not late just getting close): Tommi, Kajira, Medusa, okieblu, and nanners. Thanks everyone! So far so great! Everyone's is nice and different as always!

stepfordfemme 04-25-2014 04:25 PM

Got mine today!

OMG I had the worst day at work today and I come home to a package full of wonderful!!

Thank you all & Nanners for wrangling......

Just a thought.....I am located in Canada and it might be an easy wrangle for me to do with the time sensitivity to sis (I can always expedite hers if necessary).I have participated in two projects (postsecret & nanners wrangle)

I even have an idea for the project! It's an option!

nycfem 04-25-2014 04:29 PM

That sounds great, stepfordfemme! Count me in :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepfordfemme (Post 905916)
OMG I had the worst day at work today and I come home to a package full of wonderful!!

Thank you all & Nanners for wrangling......

Just a thought.....I am located in Canada and it might be an easy wrangle for me to do with the time sensitivity to sis (I can always expedite hers if necessary).I have participated in two projects (postsecret & nanners wrangle)

I even have an idea for the project! It's an option!

nanners 04-25-2014 08:23 PM

Stepfordfemme, go for it...I would think you could do a great job! Maybe you could post your project in the next few days since the one for nycfem is wrapping up this weekend!

On that note, nycfem, I am mailing mine priority mail on Monday morning so you should have them on Wed. the 30th!

I have not had time to start them between wrangling and being sick with severe allergies...but I'm feeling better today and intend to do them tomorrow,. My idea is all in place and I have everything I need!

nanners 04-28-2014 06:37 PM

I am admitting defeat with the half inchies. Despite my best efforts, the ideas that I've had and tried did not work, and now, my project will be too late for the May 1st deadline. I apologize to everyone, life has gotten in my way lately with a lot of things.

If anyone wants me to keep trying I will...and I will mail them out separaetly, just PM me your name and address and I will do so.

I will not be participating in the next project and will see what the future holds after that.

Again, I am sorry...really.

Nanners

Tommi 04-28-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 905652)
Received half-inchies so far from nycfem (me), Gemme, Amiyesiam, CCB, and Besame's are on their way. I plan to mail out on May 1st so please make sure I have them all by then, thanks. I am awaiting (but they are not late just getting close): Tommi, Kajira, Medusa, okieblu, and nanners. Thanks everyone! So far so great! Everyone's is nice and different as always!

kaijira mailed ours in a letter size Priority Mail envelope on Sat.. :hangloose:

nycfem 04-28-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 905652)

Update: I received Kajira and Tommi's (haven't opened yet - I like to do so when I am not tired and unfocused and can *enjoy thoroughly*). Haven't heard from Medusa but know she just had a huge tornado hit her town and deeply impact folks she knows. I received a PM from Okieblu that theirs went in the mail today so that's close enough that I am going to wait. As for Nanners, bend over my knee, you bad bad girl! Seriously if you can get it out to me this weekend, I will wait for you, and you SHOULD get it out to me this weekend. You have a responsibility to your comrades and messing things up is no excuse. Send us something simple or even simply awful. Don't over think it -- just have fun, and do not abandon ship :pirate-steer:. I will await your projects, young lady :sunglass:

nanners 04-29-2014 04:54 AM

nycfem, Yes Ma'am! I will get them done this week, and they will be in the mail on Saturday (or before if I can get them done). I'm sorry for making everyone wait on me. I won't let it happen again. :sadangel:

*can I still bend over your knee? :devil:

Medusa 04-29-2014 09:22 PM

I'm an asshole and meant to mail mine out on Saturday and completely forgot. Then the freaking tornado happened and they went even further to the back of my mind. Mine are DONE.

If it's ok, I'll mail them out first thing in the morning. If this won't work, let me know and I'll send them separately. I am SO sorry for being late!!:blush:

nycfem 04-30-2014 05:10 AM

No worries! As long as you mail them out by this weekend, you are made in the shade!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 906724)
I'm an asshole and meant to mail mine out on Saturday and completely forgot. Then the freaking tornado happened and they went even further to the back of my mind. Mine are DONE.

If it's ok, I'll mail them out first thing in the morning. If this won't work, let me know and I'll send them separately. I am SO sorry for being late!!:blush:

Medusa 04-30-2014 04:53 PM

Mine were mailed out this morning!!

Question: Do we explain to folks the symbolism of our morsels or just let them speak for themselves?!:hamactor:

nycfem 04-30-2014 04:54 PM

Whatever you wish!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 906847)

Question: Do we explain to folks the symbolism of our morsels or just let them speak for themselves?!:hamactor:

Gemme 04-30-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 906847)

Ooooh, fun!

I love guessing what's in someone's work. Would you give us time to see them and then tell us after we've all seen them?

ahk 04-30-2014 06:12 PM

Will a new project be happening anytime soon?
I was disappointed I missed the sign up.