Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Made You Cry Today? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6022)

MrSunshine 09-18-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly (Post 1252847)
I watched the video and had a knee jerk reaction of “what the fuck good will this do?” , but I also understand that most of America (most people in general), have the attention span of 3 seconds. As soon as the next shooting occurs, we rail against guns, talk about mental health, and then bury our heads in the sand until the next mass murder.

Maybe the point is shocking America out of the complacency it has pulled over itself like a warm cloak?

I am not for banning or taking away guns, but I also find it unacceptable to have our children murdered in school (or anywhere), so how do we wake people up?

Maybe it is about shocking people. Yeah, I’m not for children being murdered anywhere, anytime for any reason as well.

MrSunshine 09-18-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1252848)
I'm all for banning some guns and taking away some—couldn't happen soon enough for me.

And, I really like this commercial. It underlines what we find important (i.e., colorful school supplies) and what we choose to ignore (the gun violence our children face in school). Shame on us.

Hoping the ad agency or creative team that put this together wins some awards.

There are definitely guns (which I’ve stated long ago in other threads) that belong no where. I believe this to be true even as an Army Vet.
I personally found no importance in the school supplies but wondered only at first what was going on with that. (Basing this off of the fact Gemme gave a trigger warning)
I found myself thinking about the mother who received the text from the young girl at the end of the video. Imagining how it would have felt after finding out why she received it.
Thank you both for responding I appreciate it.

Gemme 09-19-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1252848)
I'm all for banning some guns and taking away some—couldn't happen soon enough for me.

And, I really like this commercial. It underlines what we find important (i.e., colorful school supplies) and what we choose to ignore (the gun violence our children face in school). Shame on us.

Hoping the ad agency or creative team that put this together wins some awards.

Excellent points, Orema!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSunshine (Post 1252862)
There are definitely guns (which I’ve stated long ago in other threads) that belong no where. I believe this to be true even as an Army Vet.
I personally found no importance in the school supplies but wondered only at first what was going on with that. (Basing this off of the fact Gemme gave a trigger warning)
I found myself thinking about the mother who received the text from the young girl at the end of the video. Imagining how it would have felt after finding out why she received it.
Thank you both for responding I appreciate it.

I put the trigger warning out there because some of our members have experienced gun violence in one way or another directly or have had family or friends experience it. Although the ad centers on school shootings, I thought that sometimes any connection to the traumatic event could be hurtful to someone.

I think the point of the ad comes in the final line of text at the end. School shootings are preventable. There have been several cases in which a concerned school employee or a parent have spoken to authorities about unsettling posts or comments made by someone and police have been able to stop school shootings before they happen.

Also, I think it shows what kids face when this situation comes up and maybe even ways to help them survive it. I can't say for sure that I'd think to make a tourniquet out of a sock. I'd probably waste time looking for a belt or rope.

You raised a good point, too, about how the mother would feel knowing the reason she is getting that potentially final text from her daughter.

We're so callused and jaded that it takes something incredibly shocking and in your face to catch our attention. The ad succeeds in doing what it set out to do; to wake us up and start a dialogue. I learned about it off of the Today show. The real work comes in figuring out how to fix the problem.

easygoingfemme 09-22-2019 10:07 PM

I've been keeping busy planning a big combination birthday party for my mother, my sister in law, and my younger nephew. Mostly doing the planning has kept me from feeling missing my brother too much but there were some bumps this week. Looking at cards for my mother, my sister in law and nephew and seeing ones that I know my brother would have given them if he was still here. And today just putting the final touches on the party. My brother should have been there putting it together with me. I rallied and the party was wonderful. But getting there was a bit hard on me.

Kätzchen 09-27-2019 09:37 PM

A former boss of mine was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. It hurt to hear him tell me about it because he has been my hero twice in life. I couldn't cry when he was telling me about it, but after I left, the other day, tears were streaming down my face.

Kätzchen 04-08-2020 02:54 PM

Last night I saw a kid dragging a several month old puppy. The choker strap was tight around the neck of the puppy, and I watched the puppy whimper and cower due to the cruel treatment by the kid. Most likely, the kid's parents are being mean and cruel to the puppy too.

It made me cry.

I called and made a report to the metro area hotline for animal cruelty and mistreatment.
Hopefully they will respond before too long.

Orema 04-19-2021 07:57 AM

Paying it forward

I went to Walmart's supermarket this morning to pick up some scallions and frozen burgers. A woman comes up to me while I"m in the self-service checkout and asks me how I'm paying for this. I tell her a debit or credit card, thinking she works at Walmart and is gonna tell me it's cash only (or something along those lines). She then asks me if she can pay it forward by paying for my two items. I ask her name (Sherice), tell her yes, and thank her for her generosity.

The tears start flowing as I exit the store. A woman smiles at me as we pass (she has on a mask but I see the smile in her eyes). I stop her, tell her what just happened to me, and ask her if she would let me pay it forward by accepting a five-dollar bill. She accepts it, thanks me, and we go on about our day.

Lucky me.

:bow:

Canela 04-20-2021 04:35 PM

Tears of joy...

Justice for George Floyd. God is good.

firegal 04-20-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canela (Post 1282944)
Justice for George Floyd. God is good.

There were many tears of justice today! Thank god!

Kätzchen 10-09-2021 09:26 PM

I had a client today who told me about their Clown List. LMAO. I laughed so hard that I ended up in tears because his rationale about who makes it onto his Clown List was so heartbreakingly true.

Blade 10-12-2021 03:41 PM

Big cry was last Thursday. Cried for hours. Today wasn't really a cry just a few tears rolling down my cheek as I climbed up in my truck after picking up Skippy's ashes. I sure miss my boy.

Gayandgray 10-30-2021 10:15 PM

Just thinking about how much I’m still suffering from having had Covid19. I’ve not been right since and the doctor says I probably never will be the same

akiza 11-09-2021 12:44 PM

Hum thinking of mom did it and life generaly how much i feel like it's going nowhere depressing

Kenna 11-09-2021 07:14 PM

Broke my wrist Sunday. Have cried each day since. Absolutely miserable pain. Then the ortho got the cast too tight so that adds pain. Can't fix it until tomorrow

Vincent 11-10-2021 02:49 AM

It's Been 4 weeks since Scouty passed away
I wake and think its a nightmare n then realise she's gone
I can't seem to get my shit together

It;s terrible to say my cousin hung himself 3 days before Scout died,but Scouts passing is crippling me.

I don't even want to see people,or talk to anyone

I know ppl think she was just a dog

She was my everything,having cancer,I had even set up a trust for her,so her medical n food would be covered,if I died.

I cry most of the time n just drug myself of a night

I feel her death has broken me

She was so phisically healthy
To have dementia but be si fit for 11.5 yrs,feels so unfair

Teddybear 11-10-2021 07:40 AM

Realizing that the thoughts I had were true. I just dont understand why ppl have to lie.

Finding out I was just being used to repair her house and once that was done she was done with me.

Bèsame* 11-10-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddybear (Post 1286206)
Realizing that the thoughts I had were true. I just dont understand why ppl have to lie.

Finding out I was just being used to repair her house and once that was done she was done with me.

Oh Teddy, I'm so sorry. Please know I'm here with a shoulder for you😢

Kenna 02-13-2022 08:31 PM

While at the lake today, memories of my sweet, old furbaby and how much he loved to camp and enjoy his time at the lake. He was such a sweet, good boy.

FireSignFemme 02-13-2022 10:10 PM

I didn't cry in real time, but I cried in my dreams today? Sometimes there's just no escaping.

Gemme 02-21-2022 08:27 PM

Yesterday. Sometimes, life is a giant swift kick in the nuts, you know?