Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Butch, Femme, Glitter... Love it or Hate it (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8328)

legally_b10nde 04-22-2017 11:29 AM

Butch, Femme, Glitter... Love it or Hate it

No, not Mariah Carey's horror movie. I mean real glitter: mixture of small, flat, reflective particles causing the surface to sparkle or shimmer.

So in my wee hours @ the BfP chatroom, I noticed most butches do not like glitter, however most femmes are in favor of glitter.

I personally love glitter.... I like seeing glitter on a shiny new car, on body lotion, glitter floating around Tinker Bell. So what's your take on sparkly goodness?

girl_dee 04-22-2017 11:38 AM

no glitter for me in any way shape or form .....

i will send a glitter bomb to anyone who tries to push glitter on me.....

JDeere 04-22-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1139722)
no glitter for me in any way shape or form .....

i will send a glitter bomb to anyone who tries to push glitter on me.....

:| OH MY GOD A FEMME WHO DOESN'T LIKE GLITTER, SAY WHATTTTTTTTTTT!!!

As a Butch, I DESPISE glitter!

Gayandgray 04-22-2017 11:56 AM

I'm not much for glitter..........

girl_dee 04-22-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1139725)

i am a femme who does not like things most femme's like.

i do like butches and that is the one thing i do believe we have in common..

:bow:

JDeere 04-22-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1139755)
i am a femme who does not like things most femme's like.

i do like butches and that is the one thing i do believe we have in common..

:bow:

hahahah yes true! you are definitely your own femme!

girl_dee 04-22-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1139760)
hahahah yes true! you are definitely your own femme!

*takes a bow*... its been many years !

We are all our own i suppose, and that is what makes this dynamic SO magical!

JDeere 04-22-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1139761)

*takes a bow*... its been many years int he making..

We are all our own i suppose, and that is what makes this dynamic SO magical!

Agreed!

:rubberducky:

easygoingfemme 04-22-2017 12:40 PM

I goof around about loving glitter more than I actually do. I mean, I love tossing it around, it's a must-have for parties, etc. But I don't wear glittery clothing or make up. Shimmery lotion on occasion.

NavyButch 04-22-2017 12:51 PM

I do not like to receive or give glitter and it has nothing to do with me being a Butch. I just in general do not like it. I think it is because it gets everywhere and you find it like months later. Kind of like that silvery stuff you can put on your Christmas tree.

easygoingfemme 04-22-2017 12:56 PM

When my daughter was little we were often visited by "fairies" for things like Christmas, lost teeth, etc. Each visit was marked with a generous tossing of glitter. When we moved out of that house, after 10 years of glitter tossing... omg the crevices I had to scrub to get the house ready to sell. The first floor was all wide plank wood and there was so much glitter in every crevice.

girl_dee 04-22-2017 01:01 PM

someone i dated (not a butch) bought a *shimmering* top ... it was pretty but OMG.... it shed glitter..... Glitter was in every crevice of my car, glitter all over my house, my floor... glitter all over my clothes...glitter in my hair, it was everywhere! i had a fit about it.

The next day i asked her where she got that top. She said Dillard's. It was a top designer shirt! i told her she needs to bring it back and have it out with them. She said she wouldn't. i told her to give me the damn top and a receipt. Off we went.

i hardly EVER return stuff, but this top was over $100 and it was horrible. i put it in clear garment bag and you can see the glitter at the bottom where i knotted the bag up. i said look this is crap! They did not want to take it back at first and she was not happy that i was making a ruckus. oh WELL.

Then the clerk says *some people like that (glitter)*.. .i said well I DON'T.

They DID take it back. i saw all the other glitter bomb shirts hanging there, i told them they are defective!!

Had it been a Target $20 shirt that would be one thing. But a $130 top from Dillard's should not shed glitter all over me and everything that she came in contact with over a span of 4 hours.

Shystonefem 04-22-2017 01:34 PM

No glitter unless it is gold

Martina 04-22-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1139725)

JDeere secretly loves glitter and unicorns and rainbows and, especially, Hello Kitty. ;)

Martina 04-22-2017 02:02 PM

The older I get, the more bright and shiny I like. Like an old Crow. I like color and flash. Not in my wardrobe so much. But it does get my attention and make me smile.

gotoseagrl 04-22-2017 03:18 PM

I think I like shimmer more than glitter, but glitter can be really pretty in some uses. I like a little shimmer in my eyeshadow. But unless it's halloween or something, it drives me nuts when I see a piece of glitter on my face and don't know how it got there.

clay 04-22-2017 04:11 PM

I abhor that damn stuff. I hate to open anything with it & it falls out, all over the place. Esp on projects OR cards with it..winds up on my eyelids, or in my eyes, simply touching it.

Now if said glitter is in a fixed state, such as lacquered (ie nail polish) OR is sealed then that is ok.

BullDog 04-22-2017 04:13 PM

Lol, I lived with an absolute Glitter Princess for a few years and it indeed hangs around forever. I am not a fan of it myself but don't mind if my girl likes it. You can get a good laugh out of it when you find it months or years later, and it does get everywhere and in the most unexpected places sometimes, lol.

homoe 04-22-2017 04:14 PM

I'm with Clay..........hate to open or touch anything containing glitter, it's a mess:hangloose:

Play 04-22-2017 04:58 PM

NOT A FAN!

Haha.....Nice to see the responses.

I am NOT on the glitter brigade. Possibly because I am butch.

But more likely because it gets EVERYWHERE....the gift that keeps
giving, day after day, month after month, year after year.

That being said....I agree with Clay, as long as it is contained in something
like paint or polish, I can deal.

I did bite the bullet and paint kimi's toes a few nights ago with glitter polish.

But, over all......Glitter is a big ole NO!

:mohawk: