Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Poll: Do you have a tattoo? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886)

Soon 02-16-2010 10:34 PM

Poll: Do you have a tattoo?

Just curious to see what the composition of folks on the site have some ink or not!

Of course, if you don't have any (like me), you could add to why and, if you do, please feel free to share the motivation.

I don't have any b/c I can't stand the thought of something permanent being on my skin. I do admire some of the art I've seen on others, though!

Vote and let's see--have more members been inked than not?

Just curious :)

Linus 02-16-2010 10:43 PM

I have 5 ( you can see them here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=701)

They all have specific meaning and I designed them all myself:

The ram and metal dog are my two zodiacs. (these were my first and I did them because I wanted to at least try once to see if I liked it or not..)

Linus, on my neck, kinda self-explanatory.

The crest with the sword represents my family crest with motto (translated, literally, means courage towards the summits). The sword's hilt is that of the Acadian Cross. (to honor my family and where I am from)

The flag with the shield represent my nationality (Canadian) and heritage (Acadian)

The Michelle, Ma Belle is a tribute to my mom. The white ribbon, with her year of birth and death, is a rememberence of violence against women (since my mom was a victim of this). The song is written by her favourite band/artist. The frog is a symbol of her french-ness and her collection of frogs while the quill highlights her creative side as well as her translation ability (she was a translator and ran her own successful business as such). This was done to remember my mom in a positive manner. It was freeing and the most painful tattoo I ever got (nearly passed out). Oddly enough, it reminded me of the relationship I had with my mom: meaningful but oh so frustrating. And a tribute to the person she was.

LadyRain 02-16-2010 10:44 PM

here is a tatto thread ............http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=701

Selenay 02-16-2010 10:45 PM

Nope.

It's against my religious beliefs.

Soon 02-16-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain (Post 51380)

Thanks for the link, Rain!

I wanted to start a poll out of curiosity.

:)

layla 02-17-2010 10:29 AM

no I like to keep my olive skin just the way it is... no tattoos no piercings and stuff here...
thaw I do think tattoos look hot on some ppl... *blush* *angel*

TIMBERWOLF 02-17-2010 12:59 PM

I have two , on my left arm i have a Unicorn with Beyond Fantasy from when i came out back when I was 30. On my right i have a Native American Dreamcatcher with a Wolf head for my native background and Spirit Animal,with rainbow beads.

Jet 02-17-2010 01:05 PM

none............

WolfyOne 02-17-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selenay (Post 51381)
Nope.

It's against my religious beliefs.

I read this and thought of my dad and how red his face turned when he noticed part of a tattoo sticking out from top of my tee shirt when I was just 21. The first thing he said was, I'll never be able to be buried in a Jewish cemetery. Stubborn me said good because I was going to be cremated.....yes, strike two with my dad. I now own 3 very old tattoos from my rebel days of defying dad.

julieisafemme 02-17-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 51649)
I read this and thought of my dad and how red his face turned when he noticed part of a tattoo sticking out from top of my tee shirt when I was just 21. The first thing he said was, I'll never be able to be buried in a Jewish cemetery. Stubborn me said good because I was going to be cremated.....yes, strike two with my dad. I now own 3 very old tattoos from my rebel days of defying dad.

My rabbi told me that there is actually no prohibition to being buried in a Jewish cemetary if you have tattoos. Cremation well yes that is a deal breaker. I do not have any tattoos though.

Just_G 02-17-2010 01:41 PM

I have three. My first is a rose tattooed over my heart; as it was my great grandmother's favorite flower. My second is my boxer Chelsea's paw print with her name under it on my left thigh....getting ready to do my right thigh with Miranda's paw print; my boxer I lost last April. My third is a tattoo that says "Butch", on my right hip, just above the wasteline of my boxers. :winky:

SassyLeo 02-17-2010 01:54 PM

I have many Jewish friends who have tattoos. I have several myself.

We are not prohibited from being buried in the Jewish cemetary.

The Torah states that it is prohibited and I think being a Jew with tattoos depends on your beliefs, i.e., are you Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist?

My Turkish Jew grandmother totally did not approve of my cousin and his tattoos (she may have spoken sternly at him in some Ladino expletives :))

He is older than I and she never knew I had any...she has died...however she did not disown him or love him any less :D

The_Lady_Snow 02-17-2010 02:00 PM

Yeap I have em:playingcat:

Boots13 02-17-2010 02:05 PM

Inked up !

Yep, I have tats. Love them! Mine are symbolic and represent an era , an event or are representations of my character and my interests.

I'll post my two faves in the gallery.

Love tats and am always thinking about adding. I've waited for years before committing to them. Not because I'm hesitant about the permanence of them, but because I tend to work either the design or the placement of the art I've chosen until I'm satisfied with the final decision (placement and art).

I cant say enough about consultations with the artist prior to sitting for your piece. Placement, size, color (or not) and an artists ability (is it suited for the piece you want?) all dictate a certain amount of time before the actual event !

roy g biv 02-17-2010 06:39 PM

Not me. Thought about it 30 years ago and didn't. Glad I didn't.

Soon 02-17-2010 06:52 PM

Thanks for partaking, people!

Seems like we have a majority of inked BFP'ers!

:)

cara 02-17-2010 08:39 PM

I have 4. 3 of which are small, homemade tatts I gave myself in h.s. The only professional tattoo I have is around my right ankle. A vine with 4 lavendar roses. I got it in college after writing an article about our local tattoo shops for the student newspaper.

MrSunshine 02-17-2010 08:41 PM

and because of that one I have been thinking long and hard as to what will be next. There will be more for sure.

Enchantress 02-17-2010 08:49 PM

I have one tattoo that is very small and a bit too girly (even for me) and it was chosen from random art. It really doesn't hold much meaning for me either. For this reason, I'm in the midst of trying to decide if I'd like another. If so, it will most definitely be something that reflects who I am and what my soul is about. Oh yes, it will also be inked by an amazing femme artist that I know.

violaine 02-17-2010 08:55 PM

wrist ; hip ; above ankle